Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 3:01:15 PM EDT
I really would prefer an MKE G3 clone before a PTR.

Any update on their availability?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent Zenith an email a week ago asking for an ETA and still no response.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told mid summer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope Zenith hurries up.  Relations between the West and Turkey are going south fast.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
ETA:

Here is the new info I received this morning regarding the barrels on the Z-41.

Our Z-41 will have the 17.7” barrel, and will be a hammer forged polygonal.
View Quote

Being polygonal, I doubt any of us will ever wear one out in our lifetimes. That's unbelievable news! Also, the barrel length is being changed. Originally the Z-41 was to have a 16" barrel, but the US offering will have the original 17.7" length.

The bad news? The ETA has been pushed to mid September now. The ATF has given the OK, and the rifles are in production. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETA:

Being polygonal, I doubt any of us will ever wear one out in our lifetimes. That's unbelievable news! Also, the barrel length is being changed. Originally the Z-41 was to have a 16" barrel, but the US offering will have the original 17.7" length.

The bad news? The ETA has been pushed to mid September now. The ATF has given the OK, and the rifles are in production. Can't wait!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
ETA:

Our Z-41 will have the 17.7” barrel, and will be a hammer forged polygonal.

Thanks for posting this.  The addition of the polygonal barrel is a great thing.  I'm willing to bet that they will have a few variants, one with a shorter barrel and one with a heavier SRT type 20" barrel.
The only addition I would like to see is the grenade ring being kept on the front sight assembly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm happy to hear they are going with the longer barrel like the original. It looks better with a full stock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm happy to hear they are going with the longer barrel like the original. It looks better with a full stock.
View Quote

Me too. This with the polygonal rifling is makes the price difference ok vs the PTR IMHO!

Who's taking deposits?

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:43:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for posting this.  The addition of the polygonal barrel is a great thing.  I'm willing to bet that they will have a few variants, one with a shorter barrel and one with a heavier SRT type 20" barrel.
The only addition I would like to see is the grenade ring being kept on the front sight assembly.
View Quote

I agree if MKE can get out a G3 type rifle with the full length barrel and grenade ring triple frame, while somehow managing to use enough 922r parts to keep ATF happy I jump on one of those rifles, no question!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree if MKE can get out a G3 type rifle with the full length barrel and grenade ring triple frame, while somehow managing to use enough 922r parts to keep ATF happy I jump on one of those rifles, no question!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They were planning on importing these as 10-round only rifles when I contacted them about how they were modified.  Apparently, there is just a pin in the magazine well that fits in the side of the single-stack 10 round magazine but prohibits 20s.  I'd prefer to do the 922r parts change myself, personally. That would be hilarious if they imported them as pistols with 17.7" barrels.

But polygonal barrels?  Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have any updates on the Z41? Want to get a PTR GI or a Z41 but don't want to wait anymore.
Not like the prices are going down!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone have any updates on the Z41? Want to get a PTR GI or a Z41 but don't want to wait anymore.
Not like the prices are going down!
View Quote

Between the Z41 and the 5RSS all my gun money is going to Zenith...  

Definitely looking forward to the Z41 now that its full length and polygonal.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#12]
would be nice if the muzzle device is not pinned and welded as ive seen listed in some descriptions.   pinned and welded is a no go and deal killer
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
would be nice if the muzzle device is not pinned and welded as ive seen listed in some descriptions.   pinned and welded is a no go and deal killer
View Quote

I predict in less than 6 months you will regret that statement.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
i was not interested in this until I saw polygonal barrel... now I am quite interested.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it.  If it comes pinned welded it does not do what I want.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#16]
These are listed on Atlantic's site with 16 in barrels?  Is that a typo, is there two variants or is it just going to be wrong?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
These are listed on Atlantic's site with 16 in barrels?  Is that a typo, is there two variants or is it just going to be wrong?
View Quote

I don't think they've updated the page. I've been watching it closely!
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#18]
On Facebook they said hopefully before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
On Facebook they said hopefully before the end of the year.
View Quote

Ouch, I think ill just buy a HK91. Sounds to me like they are not ever coming.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#20]
So I'm guessing the whole "coup thing" is going to push that next shipment back.... (sarcasm)

Is that terrible that's the first thing I thought when I saw it on the BBC?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top