Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 1:20:34 PM EDT
Buddy's gun offered to me. Looks nice but I'm not an HK guy. What's a good offer to give him. Thanks Slug-O

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They go for around $2500 here....YMMV
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid $2400 for mine 3 yrs ago. It's in 100% condition. The one pictured seems nice. With everything coming with it, if it factory HK. I would have no problem with $3100.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Gunbroker.  Get membership. Search "completed" auctions to see what they usually go for.     Base your offer on that.

Now, I don't know how often they are sold on Gunbroker, but seems like there should be some data on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If he's trying to sell it, but doesn't name a (starting) price, fuck him - offer $87 (this IS arfcom).

Remember that a fair price is one that leaves both parties feeling a bit robbed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
$2,800.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Does he need the $$$ now or not really? Just start low and dont exceed what you want to pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#7]
No he doesn't need the money. I like the gunbroker idea. I'll look there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Offer low ($2,000??)and let him bring you up.  If you start at fair market value he might still want to bring you up and you'll end up paying more than its worth or not getting it at all.  Dont mix business with pleasure unless you enjoy giving your money away to friends.

hello friend
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Summit Gunbroker has HK91's for $2300 with the choate side folding stock. If this one is clean you could add a little more. The collapsible stock is $200ish. Mags are $3 each.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd offer $2000.

As noted the collapsible stock is ~$200, the green is $30-40 and the wood is $50. The mags are $3 each in the box, the 30 round mag is $50-75, the extra grip frame and trigger pack is $60-80, but needs converted to semi and clipped and pinned, so that cost more than the value as they sit. $30-40 for the ammo, depending on what it is- if reloads, let him keep it. I don't shoot other peoples reloads. You don't know what's in it.

If you got it for $2400, it's not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
FYI - I purchased a mint SACO import HK91 off of Gunbroker last year for $1,700 shipped. Current prices on HK91's are at a low and most of the ones I've seen have been selling for around $2000. Offer them $1500 and go up from there, but I wouldn't pay more than $2,200.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI - I purchased a mint SACO import HK91 off of Gunbroker last year for $1,700 shipped. Current prices on HK91's are at a low and most of the ones I've seen have been selling for around $2000. Offer them $1500 and go up from there, but I wouldn't pay more than $2,200.
View Quote

If you can afford that much x 2.   That is where I would be at but that's a bunch of money to pay for any semi-auto 308 rifle. I purchased the poor mans HK91/G3 , a Century C308 for $650.  Its not an HK and is of lesser quality but it has proven reliable,  looks nice and shoots well.  
Whatever you buy remember this rifle is a 1950's locking roller delayed  blowback design that has inferior ergometrics and is less user friendly than modern day rifles
Magazines do not drop out, the magazine button cannot  be accessed with your hand holding the pistol grip, and the cocking action is long and heavy.   I still like the rifle but it would not be my first choice in a defensive situation.The AR is my first choice but the HK91 is collectible, has far superior range and stopping power.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#13]
If you aren't an HK nut, and aren't getting a screaming deal, you'd probably be much better off getting a PTR and saving $1500.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Some of you are either on crack or in denial for over paying on your 91's. The are $1600-$2200 depending on condition, plus accessories. A fair price for that package would be $2300ish with what's included. I would shoot for $1900-$2000 and see if he bites. If he has owned it for a while and doesn't know quite what it's worth if offer $180p for it all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm just a little bit jealous. That's a nice looking rifle. I'd start at $1500 and negotiate from there. Just depends on yall relationship I guess.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I paid $2400 for mine 3 yrs ago. It's in 100% condition. The one pictured seems nice. With everything coming with it, if it factory HK. I would have no problem with $3100.
View Quote

It better be unfired with the box, manual, test target, and factory accessories for that price.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#17]
We've got some deep pocket guys here willing to pay big bucks for an old 1950's battle rifle design that is nowhere near as user friendly and as accurate as today's 308 rifles. I like shooting my SA58 FAL far better.  My Century 308 HK91/G3?CETME clone can be fun but for $650 not $2000 . I can put up with its inferior design for that investment.
As pointed out; Magazines don't drop out on the HK91, the mag release button is hard to reach, you have a very long heavy cocking handle stroke, the muzzle jumps more than any other 308 rifle that I have fired. Time to reload and recock is long, brass ejects high and is not reloadable when coming out of this rifle.
I know that people pay premium prices for the HK-91 but IMO what they get for their money is basically a nice collectible rifle. If I were in a critical life saving situation, I would not want this rifle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We've got some deep pocket guys here willing to pay big bucks for an old 1950's battle rifle design that is nowhere near as user friendly and as accurate as today's 308 rifles. I like shooting my SA58 FAL far better.  My Century 308 HK91/G3?CETME clone can be fun but for $650 not $2000 . I can put up with its inferior design for that investment.
As pointed out; Magazines don't drop out on the HK91, the mag release button is hard to reach, you have a very long heavy cocking handle stroke, the muzzle jumps more than any other 308 rifle that I have fired. Time to reload and recock is long, brass ejects high and is not reloadable when coming out of this rifle.
I know that people pay premium prices for the HK-91 but IMO what they get for their money is basically a nice collectible rifle. If I were in a critical life saving situation, I would not want this rifle.
View Quote

I love it when people blurt out verbal diarrhea they've read from other people on the internet...
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I love it when people blurt out verbal diarrhea they've read from other people on the internet...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'13er.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We've got some deep pocket guys here willing to pay big bucks for an old 1950's battle rifle design that is nowhere near as user friendly and as accurate as today's 308 rifles. I like shooting my SA58 FAL far better.  My Century 308 HK91/G3?CETME clone can be fun but for $650 not $2000 . I can put up with its inferior design for that investment..............
........ I know that people pay premium prices for the HK-91 but IMO what they get for their money is basically a nice collectible rifle. If I were in a critical life saving situation, I would not want this rifle.
View Quote

You post comments that are little more then shill-like paeans to the great Century C308 on this board and yet denigrate the HK91 in the same breath.  Are you sure you don't work for Century?

Of all the currently available battle rifles (something firing 5.56 is NOT a battle rifle) the HK is the LEAST likely to have a malfunction due to field conditions.  The vaunted AR10-types are finicky about being tuned "just right", can be magazine centric (my buddy is going through this process with his LR308) and need to be kept CLEAN to function properly.  Even the FAL was found to be susceptible to sand over in the Middle East.  As Jerry Miculek posted about his experience with HK91s during an event marked by wind blown sand, "despite feeling the grit as he worked the action as long the bolt closed the rifles went bang EVERY time".

The original HK (and now available on PTRs) paddle mag release was designed for magazine retention and is no more cumbersome to use then an AK or M14/M1A's.

For anyone paying attention it has been reported repeatedly that the brass from an HK is INDEED reloadable.

While I am perfectly happy with my PTR and not looking to spend double the price for the HK name on the receiver, your comments show ignorance of the weapon and what appears to be yet another attempt to shill for the C308.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:08:35 AM EDT
[#21]
this is a collectible rifle, don't compare it to a Century...

I forget how to tell, but if you can confirm it was shipped with the collapsible stock, its a big adder in value.

Here in Phoenix, it seems these rifles have taken a big jump in price lately.  In mint condition, it would be easily north of $2500.

However I will say this, as far as collectible rifles go, there are a lot of them out there in .308.  The other calibers of H&K rifles are much less common.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top