Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 12:52:17 PM EDT
I just received a new PTR91 A3R & would like to get a bipod for it. Does anyone know of a place to get an HK or a quality reproduction bipod for it?

Also what kind of sling would have come on a new HK91? Would like to get one of those too. I see a lot of different styles that say they are for HK91 but don't know which would be original to them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
RTG Parts is always good for HK stuff.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-BIPOD-2p1.htm
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RTG Parts is always good for HK stuff.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-BIPOD-2p1.htm
View Quote

Thanks. I put my info in to be notified when they come back in stock, but if I can find a good one before then I'll buy it. Most places that I have found in a search are out of stock. By posting my topic I'm kind of just hoping for someone that knows a hole in the wall source or one that I did not find in my search.

Are these bipods as good as the link makes them sound?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been on the RTG waiting list since June 2014, I even emailed them asking what their expected time of getting them in stock was and they said August 2014. As far as I know they haven't been in stock since.

I ended up putting up a WTB ad in the EE and got a used one for $55.

Used HK G3 leather slings are available all over the web for $8-$10. I got a used one off amazon for less then $10.

My A3R

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out gunbroker or eBay. I bought mine on gunbroker last year. I don't use it because it scratches your forearm on your rifle. I'm a picky son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Had one, sold it, like above poster, scratched the forearm, not as sturdy as a Harris mounted further back on the gun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a way to tell a reproduction from an original HK?

Sorry, a newbie to this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
German are phosphate finish, POF (paki) are painted black finish and are good to go. Promag aftermarket are phosphate, but the yoke that fits on the forearm has a casting line on the bottom and they don't fit well. They're too tight to pivot and hard to even turn into the forearm. The Greek ones have spades replacing the plstic feet of the german commercial light bipod, as far as I can tell. The greek ones are good to go.

As far as where? Watch gunbroker, but right now the german ones are in the $300+ range. hopefully Zenith will bring in some from Turkey.

If/when Robert at RTG gets any POF ones in, they'll be gone in a day or two. I'd suspect that there are hundreds of guys on the waiting list.

egunparts has the greek ones listed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the descriptions!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
German are phosphate finish, POF (paki) are painted black finish and are good to go. Promag aftermarket are phosphate, but the yoke that fits on the forearm has a casting line on the bottom and they don't fit well. They're too tight to pivot and hard to even turn into the forearm. The Greek ones have spades replacing the plstic feet of the german commercial light bipod, as far as I can tell. The greek ones are good to go.

As far as where? Watch gunbroker, but right now the german ones are in the $300+ range. hopefully Zenith will bring in some from Turkey.

If/when Robert at RTG gets any POF ones in, they'll be gone in a day or two. I'd suspect that there are hundreds of guys on the waiting list.

egunparts has the greek ones listed.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top