Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2016 10:56:43 PM EDT
What's the OAL for this with Choate? Need to get this filed, and I can't seem to find a solid number any where.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My paperwork says 24".  I'm hoping I can pick it up in two months .

Edit: Mine has the nonadjustable Choate stock
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I got approved with 13.7" as oal. Overall length is folded.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got approved with 13.7" as oal. Overall length is folded.
View Quote

Its supposed to be with the stock opened but hey, as long as you got the stamp thats all that matters.

24" sounds about right.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I originally put 25", but the examiner called and told me that she uses the  shortest possible length for o.a.l.  So I had to correct the form 1.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:09:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I originally put 25", but the examiner called and told me that she uses the  shortest possible length for o.a.l.  So I had to correct the form 1.
View Quote

That examiner is a dumbass. Everyone who's surprised...show of hands?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My Z5K (not a P) was approved with an OAL of 23".

I think this new crop of examiners they took on are either still learning or they are just interpreting the entries however they feel like. I bet Teddy C's email is blowing up and he is probably not the happiest of campers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad she called for clarification rather than disapproving the application.  She told me that they had a recent training course and that is what was taught.  She said something like: "the OAL is the minimum length from which the weapon can be fired" (if memory serves right to quote her).  Perhaps she misunderstood, had bad training, or is applying her own standard; but she at least called me to get it fixed so she would approve it. For that reason, I am not inclined to call her a dumbass.  But hey, a stamp is a stamp; so I am happy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm glad she called for clarification rather than disapproving the application.  She told me that they had a recent training course and that is what was taught.  She said something like: "the OAL is the minimum length from which the weapon can be fired" (if memory serves right to quote her).  Perhaps she misunderstood, had bad training, or is applying her own standard; but she at least called me to get it fixed so she would approve it. For that reason, I am not inclined to call her a dumbass.  But hey, a stamp is a stamp; so I am happy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She may have been trained like ass, but she's illiterate so I blame her in the end. From the 5320.1 Instructions page:

Note: if the firearm has a folding or collapsible stock, the overall measurement is to be made with the stock extended.

As you said, a stamp is a stamp. You paid your $200 and your actions were in good faith, so it doesn't matter. I just wish the people who enforce this shit had half a brain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top