Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 8:03:02 PM EDT
So I just got wood stocks to put on my new PTR. I have the GI model with rail so the old furniture is green. Well I didn't think about the grip also being green so I need to swap it out as it looks funky. The charging handle is also green but I could live with that.

So what grip is appropriate?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I bought one for my project.   Looks nice but needs stain and laquer to finish.  I'm also doing my own clip and pin on a metal housing.   Also cutting down and modifying the wood hand guard to fit my PTR 32 gen 1.  (Hk 93 length )

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I would get the black plastic grip, they sell a US made one, the original CETME came with one. Testors black model paint would take care of the charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the black grip was used with the wood stocks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the black grip with wood furniture. I also like the all steel charging handle.

I ended up buying a set of green furniture as it was only $8 more than just a pistol grip. My plan is to dye the new green handguard and stock black and keep the green furniture my PTR came with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top