Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2016 2:01:36 PM EDT

I've owned this SP89 now for about 15 year. I honestly do not know a lot about them. This one is new in the box.  I bought a guys entire collection. There were two like this..... consecutive serial numbers. I gave one to my brother as a gift.. He SBR'ed it and loves it.

Running into some tough times..... so, I'm debating on getting rid of some of my stuff. This isn't a for sale thread or a auction thread.  My questions are as follows.....

1. What would be a realistic value/Sale price for something like this....? I looked around but its hard to get a good idea. Gun Broker seems pretty misleading.
2. Are there some specific features or date codes that might make one SP89 more valuable than another?

Thanks in advance!!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s420.photobucket.com/user/doubledx2/media/IMG_5753%201_zpsgfqt3yxn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/doubledx2/IMG_5753%201_zpsgfqt3yxn.jpg</a>

I've owned this SP89 now for about 15 year. I honestly do not know a lot about them. This one is new in the box.  I bought a guys entire collection. There were two like this..... consecutive serial numbers. I gave one to my brother as a gift.. He SBR'ed it and loves it.

Running into some tough times..... so, I'm debating on getting rid of some of my stuff. This isn't a for sale thread or a auction thread.  My questions are as follows.....

1. What would be a realistic value/Sale price for something like this....? I looked around but its hard to get a good idea. Gun Broker seems pretty misleading.
2. Are there some specific features or date codes that might make one SP89 more valuable than another?

Thanks in advance!!!

View Quote

I have seen them sell North of $6k for new in box SP89 on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Me too... I've seen the same, and even higher at times. $6K would be pretty great! I'm just not sure that's realistic.
Thanks!

Any idea about different features or date codes that maybe of more value? I don't want to market this thing a certain way and end up being sad because I have a less desirable SP89.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at them on Gunbroker for years and never ran across anything touted as being better than another, main selling points were it's a real HK and NIB with papers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to gunbrokers desktop site, advanced search, completed listings, search for key words sp89 nib or new, arrange them from highest to lowest and see what people have been paying for them.  It also shows listings that just expired so make sure to weed those out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't let it go for less than $5k that is sure.  Throw it up on gunbroker, 7 or 10 day auction with $5900 starting price.  If that doesn't work, you still get exposure and after relisting, start at $5k assuming you need the money sooner than later.   If you have time, lower it a couple hundred each time.  Eventually you should get two guys interested at the same time and you might get over $6k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top