Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2016 7:26:54 PM EDT
I already have a BW5, and am working a trade to finally get a z5P.

Whats the best way to SBR this thing? Choate stock? The B&T? Who has the best deal on the stocks? I usually look at RTG because HKparts is so over priced.

Anything else I need to know? I'll be trading for a NIB one.

Do most guys SBR / and add a red dot?
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Whats the best way to SBR this thing? Choate stock? The B&T? Who has the best deal on the stocks? I usually look at RTG because HKparts is so over priced.

View Quote

B&T makes two stocks, a short version and a long version. I put the long version on mine and it's awesome. Very happy with my Z5-P. I got the stock from HKParts, very happy with them as well - had a hiccup with a part and their customer service was awesome. Last I checked, they have two in stock.

I'm not putting a dot on mine. I swapped the castle rear sight for a ghost ring, and that works exceptionally. I love the simplicity. Nothing else you need to know, they're great guns. Mine is my favorite gun that I own.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

B&T makes two stocks, a short version and a long version. I put the long version on mine and it's awesome. Very happy with my Z5-P. I got the stock from HKParts, very happy with them as well - had a hiccup with a part and their customer service was awesome. Last I checked, they have two in stock.

I'm not putting a dot on mine. I swapped the castle rear sight for a ghost ring, and that works exceptionally. I love the simplicity. Nothing else you need to know, they're great guns. Mine is my favorite gun that I own.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/generalpurpose87/DSCN3236u_zpstu43rhvn.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/generalpurpose87/DSCN3236u_zpstu43rhvn.jpg

looks like you put a lower on it too. I would go with the shorter stock probably. Those B&T jobs are expensive
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with the Z5K (flat face) and the adjustable choate stock.  

I agree the B&T is cooler looking but I found the choate to be so effective and easy to deploy that I have no desire to look in any other direction.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, I did an ambi pictogram lower, a bunch of US made stuff for 922r, and a match trigger spring from RTG. The stock is worth every penny. If you think that's expensive, don't look at the cost of new German magazines.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have about 15 mags.

german curved 30

40's

german straight

ATI / korea

The only ones that suck are the 40s

The ATI mags work great for $24
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 steel, curved, 30 round MKE mags that came with the gun, and 5 steel, curved, 30 round new production H&K mags. I'd like to get 7 more mags for a total of 15, and I'm thinking I'll just get used mags since I know I already have 8 dead-on reliable mags. The ATIs are really tempting at the price.

When you say they work great for $24 - are you saying they work great for the price, or they work great? My mags are 100% so far.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]
my ATI/ korean mags have never shown any issues in my BW5 SBR
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm SBRing my z5p and using the Choate side folder and no red dot. I like the old school look.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm SBRing my z5p and using the Choate side folder and no red dot. I like the old school look.
View Quote

I actually like the look of the Choate stock the most. Just preferred the ergonomics of the B&T long stock...though I've toyed with the idea of getting the Choate stock to go with it just because.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep, I did an ambi pictogram lower, a bunch of US made stuff for 922r, and a match trigger spring from RTG. The stock is worth every penny. If you think that's expensive, don't look at the cost of new German magazines.
View Quote

Where did you get your lower and components from? I want to do the same.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, me too, can't wait
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:50:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ambi Pictogram 0/1 Lower: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K-SP89-Trigger-Group-4-Position-Housing-0-1-Safe-Semi-Only-140p17239.htm
B&T Long Stock: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K-UMP-Style-B-T-Folding-Stock-ON-SALE-136p16944.htm
Ghost ring rear sight: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP5-94-PDW-Rear-Sight-Drum-149p72.htm
Match sear spring: http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/MATCH-SEMI-AUTO-SEAR-SPRING-FOR-HK-136p10.htm

922r stuff:
Bolt head: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-94-MP5K-SP89-Bolt-Head-US-349p1241.htm
Cocking handle: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP5-MP5K-Cocking-Handle-US-349p653.htm
VFG: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K-Vertical-Grip-US-ON-SALE-349p16474.htm
Hammer: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-U-S-Made-Hammer-For-Trigger-Pack-349p377.htm
Sear: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-U-S-Made-Sear-349p378.htm
20x Magazine floorplates: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-MP5K-9mm-Magazine-Floor-Plate-US-137p17507.htm

If you go with a Choate stock, you can forego the U.S. made magazine floorplates, which is a nice bonus. Alternatively, if you have a gun that will take an auto carrier (not an MKE), then that's a different U.S. made part you could use. What's cheaper will depend on how many magazines you have to make compliant. For me, with an MKE and a B&T stock, this was the only way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm having such a hard time resisting one of these. A clone has always been in the back of my head yet just out of reach or where I'd rather spend money elsewhere. I have a 9mm AR SBR but it's just not quite "right"...
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any issues using the pictograph lower on the MKE?  I heard that standard HK lowers / trigger boxes have issues with the MKEs.  Did you have to do any fitting?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any issues using the pictograph lower on the MKE?  I heard that standard HK lowers / trigger boxes have issues with the MKEs.  Did you have to do any fitting?
View Quote

Why would they? The MKE guns are pushpin guns, they should not have anywhere near the issues shelf guns have.

I have an MKE Z5K that has a pushpin pictogram lower on it and it fit like a glove and runs flawlessly. My Coharie and Vector clones with shelves on the other hand were always a fitment / shimming nightmare though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details on the ghost ring?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why would they? The MKE guns are pushpin guns, they should not have anywhere near the issues shelf guns have.

I have an MKE Z5K that has a pushpin pictogram lower on it and it fit like a glove and runs flawlessly. My Coharie and Vector clones with shelves on the other hand were always a fitment / shimming nightmare though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The front push pin hole on the lower required the TINIEST amount of sanding to get the push pin to freely slide through - just tolerance stacking. Other than that, fit was perfect. No issues at all with the trigger box - I don't see how there could be a problem there.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details on the ghost ring?

What do you want to know? Part is linked above - swapping it out is a massive pain unless you were born with 3 hands. Worth it though, I love the ghost ring vs. the castle drum. If you want to swap it yourself, I recommend doing it inside a fish tank or something. I lost (and recovered!) the spring about a dozen times before getting it installed. You need a sight adjustment tool in order to do it - HKParts has one for $20.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you for the info above!  This will be a big help.  Just out of childish curiosity, will the selector move to the burst positions but remain semi auto, or does it stop at semi?  I thought I read somewhere that it will move into all positions, but remain semi.  Might me kind of fun to mess with someone.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#20]
It depends on your selector in the Navy packs. If you have a semi selector it will only move into safe and single.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It depends on your selector in the Navy packs. If you have a semi selector it will only move into safe and single.
View Quote

Yep, the one I linked only moves to the 0 and 1 positions. When I find $27,000 between the couch cushions...I still won't buy a sear. I can get 8 pieces of brass in the air at once with the MP5K as it sits today. Not as fun as full auto, but it doesn't cost more than a new car, either.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked mine up tonight...

Traded my PSL for it even up, brand new Zenith Z5P.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Picked mine up tonight...

Traded my PSL for it even up, brand new Zenith Z5P.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2v9vsiu.jpg
View Quote

Nice, enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I went with the B&T stock and am very happy with the choice

I'm working on a modified G3 stock as well, which will look like this

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Where is everyone doing their engraving?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Total HK noob question. I'm looking at buying a Zenith z5-p and SBR'ing it. Is the HK verticle front grip a direct replacement?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Total HK noob question. I'm looking at buying a Zenith z5-p and SBR'ing it. Is the HK verticle front grip a direct replacement?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes but get the US made one (922r BS)
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:36:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who makes the U.S. made one?  Is one better than the other as far as quality?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Slot for the A3 stock.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Who makes the U.S. made one?  Is one better than the other as far as quality?

I feel like the U.S. made one that I have could survive being run over by a truck. No experience with the HK one, but I don't see how they could be any different.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right side magwell with all the original maker info
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Z5P on the way!   With file for the stamp as soon as I get home.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#33]
For those that have ordered, are you ordering through zenith or ordering through Atlantic. I see that zenith has a 922r option it seems where they will install the requisite parts before mailing it out.

Curious if anyone has done this option. Downside is they appear to sell them at full MSRP at zenith.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#34]
I ordered mine from Atlantic, very easy process.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.....and I would prefer to buy from them above pretty much any other online gun retailer.

Great company.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Me too.....and I would prefer to buy from them above pretty much any other online gun retailer.

Great company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great company.

That's what I am leaning towards. Just was weighing option of having 922 already done and me not having to swap the pieces.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I recently ordered a AA 89K from atlantic.

Its nice.

Cant wait for the form 1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top