Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the metal MKE mags but as said above, they aren't for sale separately yet. I am sure they are trying. I also bought some HK mags.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's not correct - it has to be 922(r) compliant when it is built as a rifle, not when you file the paperwork.

Yes, you can use rollers, bolts, etc. - it's interchangeable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pistols do not have to be 922r compliant. When you butythe z5(p,k, or rs) you buy it as a pistol. When you file the paperwork to make it a short barreled rifle, 922r supposedly kicks in. You can add the parts to make it compliant but as far as I know, nobody has been convicted of violating 922r.

That clears it up.  I didn't realize it was when you submit the form 1 when your gun needs to become 922r compliant.

thanks,

That's not correct - it has to be 922(r) compliant when it is built as a rifle, not when you file the paperwork.

Quoted:
Quoted:
question for you guys (MP5 noob here):  I understand that the Zenith MKE's are not 922r compliant.  If you order one via Atlantic Firearms and leave as is, are you breaking any kind of law?  Or do all you guys immediately order the parts to make the gun compliant?  I just don't understand that rule to be honest.  Also, what are some good american made clones that I should be looking at which would save me the time / money of bringing an MKE up to compliance?

Any help is appreciated as I am seriously considering ordering one of the ZP5's soonish.
And while we are on the subject of MP5 noobs - are these clones identical to the MP5, so one could use MP5 parts on it , like the roller blocks / or bolt ?   And what other choices are out there ...... must beat 41f......

Yes, you can use rollers, bolts, etc. - it's interchangeable.

The FA bolt carrier from the MP5 will not fit. You're good with all the other bolt parts it's just that the FA carrier block in the receiver prevents the insertion of any FA type carrier. Should you decide to mod the gun to accept a sear pack the MP5 carriers function fine in addition I've had no issues with swapping cocking tube supports, furniture, mag catch parts etc.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like the metal MKE mags but as said above, they aren't for sale separately yet. I am sure they are trying. I also bought some HK mags.
View Quote

I just ordered 6 of the KCI mags from HKparts based on bjo71's endorsement.  I will report back once I fire them (fingers crossed).

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my P series 2 weeks ago and I'm very happy with it, form 1 already filed, the only think I didn't like was the safety, now It just me or all MKEs are the same way.
I would like to ease that lever a little
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.  How about the Korean 4th gen KCI mags?

cheers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is everyone getting MP5 mags from?  Does Zenith sell mags separately?  Are the US mags sold by HKparts.net reliable?

Cheers

I get mine from HKParts. Zenith currently doesn't sell mags separately. I haven't tried their U.S. made mags, but it sounds like they have plastic components.

New German mags are expensive, but they're nice.

cheers

They are 100% in my POF-5 I have like 15 of them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
khadafy, Do you mean it is hard to turn or that it is not long enough? Mine turns fine. The lever seems short but that is the deal with the original safety design of the HK, not MKE's fault. It is one of the reasons why many people get an extended lever or ambi pack.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is everyone getting MP5 mags from?  Does Zenith sell mags separately?  Are the US mags sold by HKparts.net reliable?

Cheers

I get mine from HKParts. Zenith currently doesn't sell mags separately. I haven't tried their U.S. made mags, but it sounds like they have plastic components.

cheers

Glad to hear it!

cheers
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
khadafy, Do you mean it is hard to turn or that it is not long enough? Mine turns fine. The lever seems short but that is the deal with the original safety design of the HK, not MKE's fault. It is one of the reasons why many people get an extended lever or ambi pack.
View Quote

Hard and short, does the extended lever will be smoother or will I need the complete ambi pack, I guess that will be a better deal since I still need to hunt for 922 parts
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
*not to hi-jack this thread but.....

I was pretty much sold on the POF 5PK (the revere stretch version) because its a RS.  But that being said, imo, the MKE's are just built (finished) nicer but they dont make an RS (so id prob go with a K version).  I guess my question is, should i go with the MKE over the POF....just based on overall quality.    Now that being said, it will be a host for a 9mm suppressor, and i plan on putting a poly lower and 80* bolt in it.  not looking for a safe queen as this will be shot, ALOT.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was pretty much sold on the POF 5PK (the revere stretch version) because its a RS.  But that being said, imo, the MKE's are just built (finished) nicer but they dont make an RS (so id prob go with a K version).  I guess my question is, should i go with the MKE over the POF....just based on overall quality.    Now that being said, it will be a host for a 9mm suppressor, and i plan on putting a poly lower and 80* bolt in it.  not looking for a safe queen as this will be shot, ALOT.
View Quote

Having seen POF and MKE (I own an MKE), I would pay more for the MKE. Mine isn't a safe queen.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would (and obviously did) go with the MKE. The RS is cool and all but unless you really want the collapsible stock I don't really see the advantage over a K size. The folding K Choate is decent and the folding B&T is outstanding. I have the short B&T on mine and it is the stock for me, fits me like a glove. So for me there is no advantage in the RS. Though I will admit they look cool
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hard and short, does the extended lever will be smoother or will I need the complete ambi pack, I guess that will be a better deal since I still need to hunt for 922 parts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would probably loosen up a bit with use. General Purpose did the ambi pack on his and it looks great, I might pick one up myself soon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cheers

cheers

They run great in my MKE Z-5RS as wel.

Just to be clear the 4th gen don't have the rougher paint over phosphate finish. These are smooth and not gritty at all.....those are the less desirable previous gen mags.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Will an Aimpoint Micro mounted on the rail included with MKEs cowitness with the irons properly?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Will an Aimpoint Micro mounted on the rail included with MKEs cowitness with the irons properly?
View Quote

It will not with the MKE rail, I tried. It's a nicely machined rail but I prefer the lower B&T rail which does co-witness. But some people do not like the co-witness and for them the included MKE rail will be just fine. Correct answer, as always, is get both
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the fast response!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know if a Gemtech tri-lug multi-mount suppressor will clear a Surefire 328 or 628 fore-end light?

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if a Gemtech tri-lug multi-mount suppressor will clear a Surefire 328 or 628 fore-end light?

Cheers
View Quote

Almost certainly the answer is no, based on the can diameter and the limited space between the bezel and the lugs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Almost certainly the answer is no, based on the can diameter and the limited space between the bezel and the lugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers

No, but the Steiner version will. The Steiner LDI is high priced, but there are some that are Norwegian surplus. I bought one on ebay, then added an LU60 adapter to use a surefire LED head (well, mine is Solarforce head and LED). It's much brighter than the incandescent that comes with the surplus steiner.

to confuse it a bit more, my lighted forend is an ITS/Armatech made in Sweden, but is identical to the Steiner.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the responses and I have considered the LDI/Steiner, however I am not a fan of the overall profile.  I have found on the net where an Octane 9mm tri-lug mount clears an SF 328 (see pic) however I cannot find the diameter of the Octane tri-lug mount. Anyone know?

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for the responses and I have considered the LDI/Steiner, however I am not a fan of the overall profile.  I have found on the net where an Octane 9mm tri-lug mount clears an SF 328 (see pic) however I cannot find the diameter of the Octane tri-lug mount. Anyone know?

Cheers
View Quote

OD on mine is 1.19" on the skinny part before the knurling.

That pic looks awfully close to me, maybe closer than I would be comfortable with. You could also consider a keymod or M-Lok railed handguard and mount a light to that. I have a Dakota Tactical handguard on my RS and it is very well made and fits perfect.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got one in, very impressed with how solid it feels. Is the inside supposed to look unfinished though? It looks like there are some small dots from overspraying the exterior but that's it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody else have problems with their Octane 9 three lug fitting on the z-5p?  Just picked up my z-5p and my Octane 9 won't fit because it won't go on far enough to twist and lock.  The mount on the Octane is hitting the cocking tube end cap before it gets on far enough.  I'm kind of pissed right now because this is my third MP5 clone variant and every single one has had problems right out of the box...getting sick of it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#25]
This is a fairly well covered issue, rumor is that there was a little too much paint on the three lug. I have the Octane too, I just worked it a bit and eventually it slipped on fine. Some people lightly sand the finish or use a little paint thinner but that wasn't necessary for me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Mine slips on fine.  Actually if I remove the cocking tube end cap, it locks on just like it does with any three lug.  The problem is that in order for the Octane to lock on, it has to go back and nearly touch the triple frame, which the end cap prevents it from doing.  Where exactly are you talking about removing paint...the back side of the lugs?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mine slips on fine.  Actually if I remove the cocking tube end cap, it locks on just like it does with any three lug.  The problem is that in order for the Octane to lock on, it has to go back and nearly touch the triple frame, which the end cap prevents it from doing.  Where exactly are you talking about removing paint...the back side of the lugs?
View Quote

Ah ok, then disregard my prior advice. Some people have reported having a problem where the the suppressor won't slip over the barrel so they have to remove the paint from the barrel in front of the lugs. Yours sounds like a different problem.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I got my other MP5 clone out, which my Octane fits perfectly.  Looking at that one and some pics of others I think I see the problem.  The triple frame isn't pressed on as far as most.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Is this what the interior finish is supposed to look like for the Z5P? It looks more like overspray to me (speckling rather than on solid).

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Some of mine look like that. I don't think it's an issue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#31]
The finish is not supposed to be thick inside the gun, and there shouldn't be any finish built up inside on the face of the trunion.  

My AAC Tirant form 4 just came back.  I bought the 3-lug adapter.  

I expected to have issues with it going on my MKE (fullsize) but it went on like butter.  Also onto my DJG fullsize.  Can't speak for every possibility but I can tell you this particular combo is good to go.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry for late post. But my Z-5P seems to be one of those with issues. I have an Octane 9 HD and Revolution 9 with 3-lug adapters that appear to clear the mount but refuse to twist on. They both work on my Scorpion EVO 3. I have noticed a decent amount of paint missing from the Zenith lugs and the unthreaded barrel portion in front of them. Big disappointment. Was really hoping this would be a good fit since it seemed that this was the exact combo a certain youtube channel was running. Any other recommendations to test?

ATW!
-Fox
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sorry for late post. But my Z-5P seems to be one of those with issues. I have an Octane 9 HD and Revolution 9 with 3-lug adapters that appear to clear the mount but refuse to twist on. They both work on my Scorpion EVO 3. I have noticed a decent amount of paint missing from the Zenith lugs and the unthreaded barrel portion in front of them. Big disappointment. Was really hoping this would be a good fit since it seemed that this was the exact combo a certain youtube channel was running. Any other recommendations to test?

ATW!
-Fox
View Quote

The SilencerCo adapter seems to be a bit looser than the Griffin adapter on the Z-5P I tried.  The Griffin adapter required quite a bit of force to get on and off, and removed paint just forward of the lugs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I run a silencerco 3 lug octane on mine. The 3 lug is parkerized and then painted over with some thick paint. Take some acetone or light abrasive pad and gently polish lugs to remove paint. Try your 3 lug and see where it binding. Took about 5 minutes on both my guns and now they have a nice snug lockup and come off and on easily.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I run a silencerco 3 lug octane on mine. The 3 lug is parkerized and then painted over with some thick paint. Take some acetone or light abrasive pad and gently polish lugs to remove paint. Try your 3 lug and see where it binding. Took about 5 minutes on both my guns and now they have a nice snug lockup and come off and on easily.
View Quote

I would try this. If still a problem give Zenith a ring, they will take care of you. I wouldn't worry about missing paint on the lugs, in fact some makers don't paint that portion at all.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is this what the interior finish is supposed to look like for the Z5P? It looks more like overspray to me (speckling rather than on solid).

http://i.imgur.com/r6nnkiXl.jpg
View Quote

In another thread on another forum Zenith confirmed that they don't intentionally paint the inside and indeed there will be some overspray so I think you are fine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

ATW!

-Fox
View Quote
Keep trying - really. On the Z-5RS I just bought, I wanted to test it out with my buddy's octane since I have one I am waiting on. It took a couple of tries with his Octane 45/Griffin 3 lug combo to get it to go on. We kept pushing it on and turning it some and then backing it off again to shake out the paint, but it eventually went on. After shooting 30 rounds we could take it on and off fairly easily.

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I didnt care for the castle drum but found $50+ for a MP5 drum to be retarded.

I replaced my castle diopter with a $4 G3 diopter today, works great!  I reamed out the holes a bit as the G3 drum was like looking through a straw on my K.  To the purist leg humpers- if its stupid and it works its not stupid.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 5:27:55 AM EDT
[#39]
What subs have been running well in the K?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Speer 147gr have been running fine in mine
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top