Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2015 2:14:16 PM EDT
Have a POF MP5 with the threaded navy barrel w/ 3 lug.  

3 lug does not seem too secure without a TP, and does not fit with the supplied knurled TP that came with the gun.

Can is a Gemtech Multimount w/ their 3 lug adapter.

So, I guess I need a smooth thread protector to run it 3 lug, which I'd prefer doing, as opposed to my current fixed thread adapter.  

I've not ever seen one, but I've heard chatter that they exist.  

Can anyone tell me where to get one, or what the outer diameter specs are in case I need to have one made?  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this might be what you're looking for: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-1-2-X-32-MP5-MP5K-Thread-Protector-German-9mm-152p108.htm

ETA: Check on HKPro to be sure. I don't know what the outside diameter needs to be, as I use the thread protector that came on my MKE.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]
See, I saw that...and it looked good until I looked at the pic, which shows a knurled TP  

They could have used a stock picture, who knows.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You are looking for a knurled thread protector that is turned on a lathe so it can be used with a 3 lug suppressor. Like the one linked by GeneralPurpose. Or you could have yours turned down to fit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
POF thread is 1/2 x 28 and the one on hk parts is 1/2 x 32, so it won't fit, I think it is just for German HK mp5's

I own one as well and have been looking but haven't found anything yet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are looking for a knurled thread protector that is turned on a lathe so it can be used with a 3 lug suppressor. Like the one linked by GeneralPurpose. Or you could have yours turned down to fit.
View Quote

Do you know what its typically turned down to?

The one posted has an OD of .590

I measured my thread protector and its .580

I measured the ID of the mount and its .575

Without being smart on clearances and such, I'd assume my TP has to be smaller than .575, but...I'm not sure how much.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Gem tech makes one, unfortunately they have no idea when they'll being getting more.  They referred me to a different manufacturer, but that company said they're not making any until Feb.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]
TROS makes a thread protector that works on POFs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Forgot about that guy

Even if he didn't, I'm sure he could.  I didn't see anything on his site but I've got an email out to him.

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
You have to email him for items not listed on his site, like MP5 three-lug thread protectors He was having health problems earlier this autumn and his orders were significantly backed up but I believe he has caught up by now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Forgot about that guy

Even if he didn't, I'm sure he could.  I didn't see anything on his site but I've got an email out to him.

Thanks

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgot about that guy

Thanks

I asked him already, (He's the one Gemtech recommended) and he said he's busy making adapters and won't get to them until the end of Jan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top