Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2015 1:29:50 PM EDT
Who would be interested if PTR made a sig 550 stock adapter for the HK91 type rifles. I emailed them and said they will only do it if there is high demand.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Correct but if we can get people interested and email PTR they said they will take a look in to it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI The US and Swiss Sig stocks are slightly different.  If this goes forward that is something to keep in mind.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
how are the the swiss and american stocks different?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Slightly different rear interfaces.  I learned this after buying a US made stock for my Swiss 553.  The US made stocks will not close all the way on a Swiss reciever.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Swiss stocks are available from the current SwissArms importer, John Doe Investigations. Email Dave (at) johndoeinvestigations (dot) com. Re: US vs Swiss stocks, the US stocks lack the steel internal reinforcements found within the Swiss stocks. Like every other comparison of Sig Sauer USA vs. SAN produced items, the Exeter made items are poor facsimiles of their Swiss genuine articles. The Exeter stocks are supposed to be dimensionally identical to the Swiss stocks....supposed to be, but they are not. Sig Sauer Exeter QC/QA and cost cutting measures hard at work.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm wondering if an ACR adapter  might be more practical?   The Sig stock is nice; but, not nearly  as  adjustable as the ACR stock.

I've got a Sig and a HK 91.  I had a SG1 stock for the 91.  Couldn't see the iron sights with it even when the cheek pad was all the way down.  

Same problem with the Sig stock.  Put on Sig's cheek pad and forget about using the irons.

Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#8]
For as much as I love my chocolate (Sig SAN stuff) and my peanut butter (HK Stuff), I don't know if I'd want them together. The regular B+T side folders have always been my side folder of choice (aside from the Chote K), I've never really wanted a side folder on a full size HK pattern rifle myself... and I imagine after it is all said and done a Sig 55X stock and adapter will more or less feel very similar to the existing B+T offerings, but weigh and cost more (if that is even possible with B+T stuff).

Whatever floats your goats, but my interest level honestly is zero. It is an interesting quirky rare thing, but I wouldn't pay money to own it. Kind of like that ACR stock adapter for the SCAR... Interesting idea, not my cup of tea. YMMV though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Well if it happens it will adapted for the Swiss mfg. one. I hate the stock options for the HK 91 and personally don't like the ar15 stock on other weapon platforms. I'm open to the ACR stock option as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm wondering if an ACR adapter  might be more practical?   The Sig stock is nice; but, not nearly  as  adjustable as the ACR stock.

I've got a Sig and a HK 91.  I had a SG1 stock for the 91.  Couldn't see the iron sights with it even when the cheek pad was all the way down.  .
View Quote

You're supposed to remove the "cheek pad" if you need to use the irons!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a Sig and a HK 91.  I had a SG1 stock for the 91.  Couldn't see the iron sights with it even when the cheek pad was all the way down.  .

In the field?   I just went back to the standard stock with the MSG90 buffer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#12]
an acr adapter for the HK would be bad ass.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Adam @ HK parts has an ACR to 9x adapter in the works...I am waiting for on for my my 33k custom build
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I would love one, but I'd have to buy a 93/33 clone for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top