Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2015 7:55:07 AM EDT
Strictly speaking, I'm looking for a light mount that does not modify the weapon that can be used on the FR-8, which forward of the stock is sufficiently similar to the CETME that options compatible with the CETME and possibly the HK91 should be or could be compatible with the FR-8.  So far I've seen the Surefire Model 21, which should work if I remove the cap from the cleaning kit tube (analogous to the cocking tube), but it appears to be discontinued and out of stock everywhere.  Are there any other options out there?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:31:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Screw a piece of rail onto an extra handguard
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Screw a piece of rail onto an extra handguard
View Quote

Just to be clear, we're talking about an FR-8 (Mauser with CETME barrel and CETME style bayonet lug and cleaning kit tube, and triple frame, as well as rear sights with CETME profile), not a CETME.  I have no intention of modifying the wood stock or handguard, especially considering how difficult it is to source replacements.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My apologies, I was reading it on my phone and didn't put it all together.

I'll read before replying next time
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Get one made to mount to an ak47 barrel and put that on the bottom tube.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get one made to mount to an ak47 barrel and put that on the bottom tube.
View Quote

Are they the same diametre?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top