Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2015 6:44:14 PM EDT
Is anyone getting one of their production clone they just started selling in collaboration with HK Parts? The full size is around $1900.

Curious what experience what anyone has with the company as well. Haven't found many reviews.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I talked to the owner yesterday at the Texas Firearms Festival for about 30 min; some very interesting developments in the 9x series of guns coming up from Bretheren. The MP5 was developed in 1964 and has remained relatively unchanged despite advances all over the industry. Right now, they've improved the design to about 1985 technology, and very soon they'll be in this century. Most notably, he spoke of a new grip frame that drastically improves shooting hand ergonomics (read: DRASTICALLY). I'll be following Bretheren closely over the next few months.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I have read about the ar15 compatable lower housing that would take ar15 triggers, safeties and grips. I am looking for a classic clone that isn't modernized except for maybe a rail welded on top. Their new production one is classic parts but too new for any reviews to be surfacing yet.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
If you weld a rail on top, does that not permanently obscure the s/n of the firearm?
I don't have any of my HK at work with me and can not remember if there are any other locations on the gun that the s/n is stamped into.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you weld a rail on top, does that not permanently obscure the s/n of the firearm?
I don't have any of my HK at work with me and can not remember if there are any other locations on the gun that the s/n is stamped into.
View Quote

There are cutout windows in the rail so none of the information is covered up.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone own one of their mp5 clones? Feedback?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone own one of their mp5 clones? Feedback?
View Quote

This.
And where do they stand on 922r compliance?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure how they justify the price when you can get a mke for less. I've played with one as they are local to me and it was fine but nothing amazing. I'm not a fan of the finishes compared to the baked on classic and the optic rail is just okay.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone seems to be doing it these days but I hate the welded on rails on HK roller lock guns
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm not sure how they justify the price when you can get a mke for less. I've played with one as they are local to me and it was fine but nothing amazing. I'm not a fan of the finishes compared to the baked on classic and the optic rail is just okay.
View Quote

Not much less....  

It's a boutique class builder with a great reputation.  The import guns have been mostly good, but there have been some iffy ones.  The customers all got taken care of though.  

I suppose if you intended to SBR it or own a sear the BA gun would price equally once you add all that other stuff up.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Mke i got was a turd and had to sent it to a smith to fix the receiver since it was all out of spec. Also the MKE/POF variants cannot go full auto with out a lot of work..

So all depends on what your poison is..

Im looking for a full auto capable RS.. Atlantic is no longer selling theirs,  DJ is no more, SW and omega are garbage. So that leaves it to BA, Daktoa and PCS..

Dakota did a batch of RS for a factory SBR/Sico bundle that i assume will be around 4500, Dakota will do a batch of RS in about 6 months or so but they do so few of them at a time plus they are priced around 3500 for a pistol, PCS will only build your kits you provide but he does good work and then BA.

2 local gun ranges rent out BA mp5a, One has had 8k rounds no issues, the other has around 50k rounds in 6 moths full auto till the receiver had an issue but BA fixed it no issue. and SS shoots a full auto one that has 10k rounds with no issues.

So YMMV but that seems to be pretty good reviews thus far on the brand.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]
MobileCommand thanks for the post. That's good to hear. I think Griffin Armament may have one as well. I keep going back and forth on the rail. I know DT only sells theirs now with the rail on top.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MobileCommand thanks for the post. That's good to hear. I think Griffin Armament may have one as well. I keep going back and forth on the rail. I know DT only sells theirs now with the rail on top.
View Quote

BA gives you the option hell if you buy the custom from them they will do the rail to what ever length you want... I have talked to the owner a few times and after my final conversation today i am pulling the trigger and buying a RS from them this evening..

Ive checked out the guns at a few of the ranges and at 2 of the gun shops that are now selling their production line guns and the seem really good.. I will be honest at the 3100 mark they are not far off from a Dakota but frankly im not waiting 6+ months for Dakota then another 4 months for a form 1.. God forbid the ATF actually moves forward with 41p and im stuck with another 3 months waiting for local leo signoff..

Past that i was really thinking about the sico/DT bundle but again that's not available yet, best guess its 4500, i really don't want a A3 stock,  plus there are way better cans out there then SIco and im really wanting to spend my money on pistol cans from Dead air.

Oh yea i forgot to mention there is also Turner who makes guns also at the 3k mark but my local guy had 3 flats made by him.. 2 were messed up and needed work to correct and over all crappy workmanship.. So he is inconstant on his work and i will give my 3k to BA before i give it to Turner.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I'm looking at the full size production level one. Just don't need the options available with the bap9. Did you get to handle the production model? Curious the fit/finish.

I saw somewhere that the suppressor that will be part of the DT/SiCo package will be a yet to be announced new can. I too expect the price of that combo to be around $4,500.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm looking at the full size production level one. Just don't need the options available with the bap9. Did you get to handle the production model? Curious the fit/finish.

I saw somewhere that the suppressor that will be part of the DT/SiCo package will be a yet to be announced new can. I too expect the price of that combo to be around $4,500.

View Quote

It seemed pretty good from what i looked at hell i even rented one of the guns at my local range a few weeks ago and it shot great.. it was apparently one of the first guns they ever made and i though it was pretty good..

as far as the new pistol can goes its all internet rumor that its the omega 9 but i dont see it..

Frankly i find the revo cans so much better then sicos and sico really need to step of the game or they are going to be left in the dust...

I am not sure what they are planning if they come out with a new pistol can as they already have the octanes in full size and K so it would be kinda redundant to come out with yet another pistol can unless they redesign the baffle stack.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Ba are good people, pcs, Turner fab, BPP, TPM, lots of good quality builders that have a variety of options, price points, wait times, and attention to detail etc.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Shitty pics but i did shoot one.. Also i was told this was their first mp5 they made.

they "the local shooting range" would not allow me to remove the lower to get more detail but the onsite gunsmith  had nothing bad to say about it and only positive things.

BA mp5
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for posting those. Hopefully the production model will have the same quality.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#19]
so i just finished ordering mine..

let the wait begin.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice. Which options did you go with?

Stock choice once you get your form? I love look of the a3 but prefer feel of the B&T side folder
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I already own a full size and just got my stamp back on my K and dont like it due to the b&t stock.

I just ordered a Reverse stretch and will put an A2 on it.

BAP 9mm Compact (Reverse Stretch) (#BAP9RS)
Receiver Configuration*: Compact (standard single pin Stock Interface)
Magazine Release*: ambi paddle release
Magazine Sling Swivel*: Yes
Weld Finish: Weldless
Handguard ($50.00): Lightweight M-Lok
Cerakote Finish: Brethren Arms reduced IR signature flat black
Picatinny Rail: Yes
Charging Handle: Standard Plastic
Trigger Upgrade ($50.00): Add to my order

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I already own a full size and just got my stamp back on my K and dont like it due to the b&t stock.
View Quote

WOW! I find that surprising to be honest. Never hear too many people saying they DONT like the B&T
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

WOW! I find that surprising to be honest. Never hear too many people saying they DONT like the B&T
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe i am just used to my A2 stocks but i get crappy cheek weld on it, The gun is never strait when its on my shoulder and i dont care for the LOP..

I fine the chote feels better for my arms but i totally hate the way it looks and feels.

I just prefer the a2 and clubfoot stocks.

I run a bunch of subgun matches and will never use this gun for that.. It well be reserved as a good range toy and completed the 3 pack of 9mm mp5 collection
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got the BA 300BLK pistol version BA-300.  Will be posting up a review in a week or so.  Should run with my existing reg autosear.

First impressions of the gun are that it is built extremely well.  Craftsmanship is top notch.  I got the standard flat black finish which looks great.  It seems to address most of the issues left unanswered by HK.

So far, VERY impressed. Uses AR15 mags.  Ambi mag release with extension so it is usable without huge hands.  Integrated rail for optics.

Pics up.  Will update this weekend.

A few Specs

300 BLK
Weight in pistol confi 6 lbs 8 oz
OAL in pistol config 20.5"
OAL with A3 stock 24.5"

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've got the BA 300BLK pistol version BA-300.  Will be posting up a review in a week or so.  Should run with my existing reg autosear.

First impressions of the gun are that it is built extremely well.  Craftsmanship is top notch.  I got the standard flat black finish which looks great.  It seems to address most of the issues left unanswered by HK.

So far, VERY impressed. Uses AR15 mags.  Ambi mag release with extension so it is usable without huge hands.  Integrated rail for optics.

Pics up.  Will update this weekend.

A few Specs

300 BLK
Weight in pistol confi 6 lbs 8 oz
OAL in pistol config 20.5"
OAL with A3 stock 24.5"
View Quote

Looks like you went with 8.2 BBL,  Keymod, Extended Straight Pull Handle, Extended Mag Release, rail?

What is BBL thread?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like you went with 8.2 BBL,  Keymod, Extended Straight Pull Handle, Extended Mag Release, rail?

What is BBL thread?
View Quote

Yep.  8.2 BBL with the options you note.  The barrel was threaded for the Griffin Armament flash comp taper mount for my GA RECCE7 can.   It is a nice package.  The riser is channeled so that backup iron sights are still usable in a pinch while putting the Aimpoint T1 at the same height over bore of my AR platforms and dodging the front sight ring.  Nifty, simple, and effective design.  Quinn and Kyle really thought this out.  As another mentioned, they are due to have an AR style trigger set trigger group which can also use AR pistol grips.  Should allow for better triggers and more commonality with our other platforms.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#27]
So i just upped the ante in BA  and ordered a full size and k to match my RS.

So i got the 3 pack coming.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice. I noticed you have the short B&T stock on your K. Have you considered the long version for it like what's on your UMP? It would probably alleviate your LOP complaint.

How do you like the B&T on your UMP?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice. Did you go with the production or BAP9 line?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No all custom line guns.. All built the same options and consecutive serial numbers
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No all custom line guns.. All built the same options and consecutive serial numbers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd been asked for some pics with magazine in.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#33]
TDunn, cant wait to see you deck this one out! You've set the bar high with your MP5s, dont let me down!
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
TDunn, cant wait to see you deck this one out! You've set the bar high with your MP5s, dont let me down!
View Quote

I got you man.  Think reg sear burst group, t1, CQBL ir/vis, m300v, hk 4 pos adj stock and a GA recce7 can

Winter is coming with full auto 300blk suppressed goodness
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I got you man.  Think reg sear burst group, t1, CQBL ir/vis, m300v, hk 4 pos adj stock and a GA recce7 can

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHA! AWESOME. Cant wait!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top