[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
How about now?

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Or now? My freakin laptop and iPad aren't showing the images I'm posting.

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#7]
You posted several pictures. Do you want to know about the receiver mounted rail or the optic's mount that's attached to the receiver mounted rail?

The rail is HK as part of their midlife improvement package for the MP5 and is not going to be available for a while, and probably not to civilian customers. Google the letters on the optic mount, ERA TAC, and you'll find this. http://www.eurooptic.com/era-tac.aspx
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I contacted a distributor for HK here in the US about getting the keymod foreend and the top rail.  Said they could get them, but it would take 6 months and they were $300 each.  Had to go through their contacts in Germany to find out.

TBH, I think the B&T mounts are lower than that anyway
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Dakota Tactical makes a Keymod fore end for half the price and is similar in design..

DT keymod
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I contacted a distributor for HK here in the US about getting the keymod foreend and the top rail.  Said they could get them, but it would take 6 months and they were $300 each.  Had to go through their contacts in Germany to find out.

TBH, I think the B&T mounts are lower than that anyway
View Quote

Ouch! I'd rather have my $100 B&T, thanks. I guess it looks cool, and if you want that RAL mid-life upgrade look, it'd be worth it. To each their own.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yeah, that's HK's 4694 STANAG mount - Link

I too doubt we'll ever see it in the States.

View Quote

That's too bad, looks great.....I'd love one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, that's HK's 4694 STANAG mount - Link

I too doubt we'll ever see it in the States.

Well, as I say, you can get it...for $300 and a 6 month wait
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Scope Mount
View Quote

WOW. For about the cost of a Glock, you can mount an optic that costs more than a Glock on your HK that costs 4 Glocks.

Very cool mount though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

$400?

Yikes. So it does exist here in the States? Well, it's cool but $400 cool I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

$400?

Yikes. So it does exist here in the States? Well, it's cool but $400 cool I'm not sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scope Mount

$400?

Honestly man, I think the B&T long mount is really similar and it's probably lower to the receiver than this one.  Plus, it's way cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#18]
what are peoples thoughts on the MFI mount? I have seen a lot of those around but, I have not heard reviews. If it is a solid mount, it would be a good option for the OP.

MFI
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Honestly man, I think the B&T long mount is really similar and it's probably lower to the receiver than this one.  Plus, it's way cheaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$400?

That looks nice. Thanks. Far more affordable and B&T quality.

I'm now somewhat torn between mounting an RDS or just getting a tritium front sight post and calling it a day. I have an SF forearm on it with plenty of light, and given this guns place, a tritium front sight might be fine.

Nice option though if I decide to ditch the rail the gun came with for something better though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

what are peoples thoughts on the MFI mount? I have seen a lot of those around but, I have not heard reviews. If it is a solid mount, it would be a good option for the OP.

MFI
View Quote

Looks almost identical to the rail that came with the gun, but it might sit lower, which would definitely be preferable.

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

MFI
View Quote

I had one. It sucked shit. The B&T 10266 is not pretty but it is the best and lowest profile (single slot) rail I've found.  edit-- link added http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/B-T-MP5-LOW-PROFILE-MOUNT-LMR-FOR-AIMPOINT-SHORT-VERSION-133p3268.htm
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had one. It sucked shit. The B&T 10266 is not pretty but it is the best
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MFI

I had one. It sucked shit. The B&T 10266 is not pretty but it is the best

Agreed. When I sold my first MP5 clone, the MFI rail went with it. Had to file the feet to match the claw-mount of the gun. So at that point it was "custom-fit" and I didn't want to mess with it. Bought some B&T mounts from HKPro members and Wolverine Supplies in Canada (before RTG carried them) and everyone of them fit my guns just fine, regardless of being swapped around. B&T is where it's at for HK mounts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

MFI
View Quote

I have had several mounts of that style with various names, and they all have worked fine. Annoying to get installed though. I only put aimpoints on top.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I've had two MFI mounts and they both work fine.   The second one needed slight filing on one of the hooks and I believe MFI states that it is not uncommon because of slight variations in receivers.   It is definitely not married to that rifle since it now sits on a different one with no mods needed.
BTW if you like the B&T low mount, take a look at the one from Botach.   I have two and they are very nice and secure.   Can't beat it for $40 delivered.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

BTW if you like the B&T low mount, take a look at the one from Botach.   I have two and they are very nice and secure.   Can't beat it for $40 delivered.
View Quote

The airsoft mount, you mean? I also had one. It also sucked shit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Thinking about picking one of these up simply for the fact it seems better than anything on the market.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Better how? For $400 I coud by B&T rails for all 3 MP5s. Or have Jeff weld picatinny on and refinsh. If you want it because it's legit HK mount, that I understand. But I don't know about "better"
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Picked one up. Really nicely made, Plus its a QD Style mount so it goes on and off the gun super easy. Here is a pic for reference.

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Scope Mount
View Quote

Will this mount fit on a DJ Getz MP5 Navy, MP5K?

Will an Aimpoint Comp M4s fit on this mount?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Picked one up. Really nicely made, Plus its a QD Style mount so it goes on and off the gun super easy. Here is a pic for reference.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2qmof92.jpg
View Quote

Visually I think that looks really cool. How is that to shoot though, looks like a cheekweld would be near impossible with the optics being so high?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2qmof92.jpg
View Quote

Nice looking gun, but do you really use a magnifier on a K?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Im not running these optics on the gun. They were just for show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Love the HK MIL scope mount , used it in the MP5 operator class with a aimpoint T1, just loved it. I will get a second for the SD soon." />
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Very Nice, Where did you order your mount from? HKParts.net?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Very Nice, Where did you order your mount from? HKParts.net?
View Quote

Yes .
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#36]
A buddy of mine started to make prototypes of a solid cowitness mount for the mp5 similar to the b&t. It is such a great mount! Clear full cowitness and super lightweight.  Maybe if we had enough interest we would get them going again.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

A buddy of mine started to make prototypes of a solid cowitness mount for the mp5 similar to the b&t. It is such a great mount! Clear full cowitness and super lightweight.  Maybe if we had enough interest we would get them going again.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2n099fo.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/w1a6x5.jpg
View Quote

That looks great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top