Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 6:31:07 PM EDT
I plan on filing a Form 1 as soon as I get it.  What 922r parts are available?  I have found US made stocks.  Also will this rifle make a good suppressor host?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
922(r) U.S Made Compliant Parts:

The ATF has identified 16 countable parts on the MP5 that can count toward US compliance. A total of 6 US made compliant parts are needed for 9mm MP5 rifle or SBR firearms. Pistol builds do not need US compliance parts. You can use any of the following parts:

Receiver
   Barrel
   Trunion
   Bolt
   Bolt Carrier
   Cocking Handle
   Trigger Housing
   Trigger
   Hammer
   Sear
   Buttstock
   Pistol Grip
   Forearm / Handguard
   Magazine Housing
   Magazine Follower
   Magazine Floorplate

Source

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard the flash hiders are pinned or welded on the Z-43P's, and underneath are odd / nonstandard threads... has anyone heard otherwise?

Also, will they accept a regular HK93 wide forearm?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've heard the flash hiders are pinned or welded on the Z-43P's, and underneath are odd / nonstandard threads... has anyone heard otherwise?

Also, will they accept a regular HK93 wide forearm?
View Quote

According to their video the threads are 15x1rh and it's held on by an allen set screw.  I just ordered an AAC 51t tooth in 15x1rh flash hider for my SDN6 when my Form 4 gets approved
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm trying to remember where I heard the pinned and odd thread thing... if it is in fact a standard thread that is easily accessible, and it can take a normal HK93 forearm then I might order one as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm trying to remember where I heard the pinned and odd thread thing... if it is in fact a standard thread that is easily accessible, and it can take a normal HK93 forearm then I might order one as well.
View Quote

Ask Atlantic Firearms I'm sure they would know
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Most all HK's rifles that are 5.56 & 7.62 have 15x1RH thread-pitch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll get mine Monday or Tuesday and file a form 1 that night.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Where is the best place to get magazines?  All I see are expensive hk mags.  Are the plastic promags any good?  Also is there us made followers and floor plates that will fit the mke plastic mags?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#9]
You can get US made grip housing.  There are also US made grips for the steel grip housings.  You can also install US made hammer, trigger, sear and trigger frame.  There are also 53 hand guards and stocks that are US made..  The 53 hand guard is longer than a standard MP5 hand guards as the rifle trunnion is longer.  There is also a 23E style cocking handle that is US made.  I prefer the 23E style cocking handle as it has more leverage.  Look to see if the carrier has a buffer.  A buffered carrier and a buffered stock can make for function problems some times.

As far as being a good suppressor host, since you have a 7.62 can, I don't think you'll have a problem.  I have the AAC M47-2000 which is the predecessor of your can.  IMHO, it will still be too loud without hearing protection.  At least I find my set up to be.  I don't know what the locking piece it ships with but I'm guessing it is a #15.  I would get a #3 to use with the can.  I use a #3 with my 53 and 55 gr ammo.  I have not tried 62 gr with the can.  If you do, watch for "over function".  You might need to go up to a #8 or #7 with 62 gr.  There are a lot of surplus #8 LPs kicking around.  Congratulations on your purchase.

Scott

ETA: I have heard good things about the US made Pro Mags for roller locked in 5.56X45.  I had my 53s built with SW53 AR receivers so I use AR mags and drums.  I'm originally an AR guy.  I held off buying any roller locked in 5.56X45 because I didn't want to duplicate mag systems.  There is a smith doing AR mag conversions.  I like that all of my 5.56X45 guns use the same mag system.  I wish my 9mm guns were that way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you for you detailed post!  I am extremely new to HK platforms and know nothing so I'm not sure if I'm even more confused now or what
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#11]
RE: magazines- I am a fan of these, they ran great in my Vector V93, and they run great now in my HK93.

Regarding suppressing you're Z43, I think Canon3825 hit it on the head with the recommendation of a #3 and/or #8.

Quoted:
I am extremely new to HK platforms and know nothing so I'm not sure if I'm even more confused now or what
View Quote

Posted by Jim Schats/G3Kurz on HKPro:

This is an interesting question. There are many variables that apply. Here are a few to consider.

1. Roller Locked - Not actually "locked" but delayed. This can be both bad and good.

2. Why the delayed blowback roller delayed system in the G3? Not really intended for improved reliability but for simplified production and assembly during WWII when the system and decentralized production methods was first employed.

3. A roller-locked rifle made by HK GmbH versus an after market clone or licensee-made weapon are altogether different animals! - not made to the same specs or quality levels or with the same materials and tooling. Look at how many posts are on HKPro claiming of serious clone or kit functional issues. Roller-locked HK-style weapons are not so easy and straightforward to make and make reliable. There is an art to it and even HK GmbH has lost much of that experience thru retirements.

4. The G3 had MANY teething pains in its early years and there are many 100's of important mods during its lifetime. HK MSG90A1’s still suffered from these unavoidable design issues as late as the mid-1990’s. Even in the end the standard G3 still has issues such as the flawed extractor spring design (gets bent too easily from an obstruction in the receiver, chamber area and then is useless) and locking roller holder (break and can lodge in the mech causing stoppages). I have seen both produce serious stoppages in even HK-made guns so they are far from perfect still today after 50+ years.

5. Well made roller-locked weapons are more ammo sensitive then well made gas guns. Different ammo types and barrel lengths can/do require different locking piece angles. There were over 200+ locking pieces on HK's list each with different angles and coatings and more than 80 for the 7.62x51mm guns alone at one point. Unlike gas guns delayed blowback weapons need a predetermined degree of recoil impulse to make the mechanism run reliably and that impulse changes with ammo types and barrel lengths, even the age of the weapon and accessories used. Without consistent impulse the reliability goes down. The MP5/10 is a classic pistol-caliber example of the need for properly selected ammo (HI versus LO impulse). HK roller-locked rifles and MG’s with different barrel lengths NEED different locking pieces, even just for the difference of 4 inches in length using the same ammo.

6. The good news is the plain Jane roller-locked guns (rifles, carbines, unsuppressed MP5's, the P9S even) run okay when heavily fouled (notable exceptions being the MP5SD and HK21E) but are also harder to clean well without the right tools. While they may take the same or less time to clean than a DI gas gun there is NO COMPARISON to an op rod gas gun like the HK416 or G36 in cleaning time (< 7 minutes versus > 20 minutes or more). The chamber flutes found in roller-locked guns are mandatory for proper function and must be kept reasonably clean. These flutes are not found in most gas guns and can cause serious extraction issues with steel and aluminum cased and overpressure ammo.

7. RIFLE-CALIBER roller-locked guns can be suppressed but it is far harder to do so reliably than with gas guns which is why you seldom see rifle-caliber HK-style guns suppressed without ammo or functional issues or long term damage to the back plate, buffer, receiver, etc. With the right and EXACT set up in ammo, barrel length, bolt gap and suppressor one still has to monitor the gun closely for excessive impulse induced damage (the MP5/10, and MP5/40 to a lesser degree, any 5.56mm full auto rifle with single butt stock pin hole which is all except the full auto G41/G41K, and HK21E first come to mind).

8. Ever wonder why most HK roller-locked guns do not have bolt catches? So the bolt remains closed to keep debris out of the roller locking recesses in the barrel extension. Get too much sand in those recesses and no degree of force will fully close the bolt to permit firing. The absence of “proper” plunger-style forward assists on many HK weapons only makes this worse.

9. HK GmbH conducted various tests of reliability in harsh environments comparing roller-locked HK33's to the G36. Even the specially prepared (hardened receivers to better crush sand in the mech) did not perform as well as the op rod G36. The G36 fired 200 different types of ammo during its development with no changes to the mech. NO 5.56mm HK roller-locked gun would get even close to this performance without a bag of assorted locking pieces on hand.

10. Ever wonder why in the 1990's HK all but abandoned the roller-locking system for more conventional op rod gas systems? They simply are more reliable, easier and less expensive to make and repair, perform better with various ammo types and barrel lengths and are easier for the average operator to use and maintain. They also impart less felt recoil to the shooter, tend to be lighter overall as they do not have to be made of sheet steel and allow for AGR use for special purposes.

Roller-locked guns IF made properly can be very reliable but introduce any one of these variables above and things change, and not in your favor. They had their time in history but the modern op rod gas gun is superior in most every regard.

G3Kurz
View Quote

One thing to keep in mind is that all HK-style guns are not made equal. Unless you're comparing factory HK to factory HK, there will always be different variables. What works on my HK93, may be so hot on your Z43. Point being, you will have to tinker with it and find what your gun likes/doesn't like. Just like any system in a firearm it will just take time and asking the right questions before you get comfortable, and then when you do, it will be like any other firearm system you're currently familiar with.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Here she is!  I just got done filing the form 1

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
That will look hot with a collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Does the oversized charging handle interfere with the rail mount in any way?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

Good to know. How easy is it to cock with that MKE big handle? I've seen a few reviews saying it is like butter compared to the smaller factory handle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#17]
The extended cocking handle is the cat's ass. Waiting for one for my PTR-32 when HKParts gets more in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Hi, We have looked into converting some of the MKE Z43P guns into SBR'S. This is what I came up with. Change the following parts out, and you should still be able to use the foreign mags. Change the trigger box, trigger, sear, hammer, flashider, cocking lever and rear stock into all USA made parts.You still may want to check with local ATF, but I do think this will do it. We were looking very hard about offering some of these already made up for customers. If anyone has any interest please let me know.  We have the 4.8" flashider to weld on to make a legal 16" rifle as well as the reg flashider for SBR's. Anyway let me know if you need our help. Thanks Chuck at Kellyenterprises.net.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Chuck - If you guys made MP5 floorplates I bet you'd sell the shite out of them.  

Easiest 922 part there is to replace and nobody has had them for a very long time.  

I would take a hard look at two US trigger packs if it ran the MKE guns right.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top