Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2015 12:57:33 AM EDT
I would like to add a short rail section to the standard slimline forearm on my PTR-91 as see in the pic below.  GG&G has their Under Forearm Integrated Rail for the M4 that secures to the standard handguard and am looking for something similar.  Anyone have something like this?

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I would just take a magpul rail (like the ones that come with the RVG), drill 2 small holes, and bolt it to the HG.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured on having to do something like that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I did to mine, didn't want to hack on the original handguard so picked up a surplus handguard for $8, filed part of the rib off the bottom and drilled two holes. Both bolts run thru the heat shield and the rail is solid enough to mount a bipod. It's a simple job. If you don't already have a rail to mount you can get a cheap set of UTG rails from Amazon, either a set of three 6" rails for a G36 for $16 or a set of two 4" and one 6" for $15. If you're looking for something nicer try Midwest Ind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top