Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2015 1:44:47 PM EDT
Is there anywhere on this board for info on this rifle? I'm already on military firearms.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks osprey21.

I'm coming up with .062 cocking gap and .032 bolt gap if I'm measuring correctly but admittedly my bolt measurement may be a little off(old eyes).
This may be a give away but my buddy's rifle spews brass far, far away while mine drops it close at two o'clock.

I'm planning on selling her but want to have a clear picture of her, safety wise.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks osprey21.

I'm coming up with .062 cocking gap and .032 bolt gap if I'm measuring correctly but admittedly my bolt measurement may be a little off(old eyes).
This may be a give away but my buddy's rifle spews brass far, far away while mine drops it close at two o'clock.

I'm planning on selling her but want to have a clear picture of her, safety wise.

Thanks
View Quote

I just finished building one so I now know plenty about them. Is this a Century build by chance? If it is, take the bolt apart and see if the bolt head is ground down.  If it is, the bolt gap measurement doesn't mean much.  Use a feeler gauge to measure the gap with the hammer down, slip a feeler in until you get light resistance.  Safe gap is around .004 to .019. Cocking gap should be bolt gap +.015" When grabbing the cocking lever it should cam out about 1/2" until resistance is felt.  Mine ejects brass about 15 feet and I believe these rifles are known for tossing brass into the next area code.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a century monkey build.

I will follow your recommendation on pulling the bolt. I think that's where I measured it before.
Do you find it significant that mine only ejects a few feet?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a century monkey build.

I will follow your recommendation on pulling the bolt. I think that's where I measured it before.
Do you find it significant that mine only ejects a few feet?

Thanks
View Quote

Could be an issue for sure. Everyone I have fired will impale the casing in wood at 15 yards

As for the bolt, century ground the rear of the bolt head so it would measure in spec but it did not change the condition of the locking rollers in the trunion. If it looks ground, a new bolt head plus oversized/undersized rollers can fix it. Pull the charging handle back and lock it. Slap the charging handle and let it slam home. Drop the hammer (all on an empty, unloaded rifle of course). Flip the rifle over and check the gap between the bolt head and carrier with a feeler gauge through the mag well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I did and hats where I got my numbers!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#7]
That is way too much and will cause ejection and parts wear issues. You could try some -4 or -6 rollers and see if it pulls it down close to .020" Anything higher and I wouldn't shoot it. Other option would be to swap bolt heads but that is a crap shoot unless you know someone who has a few for you to try.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I thougt so, too.
I found new bolts on apex but I didn't see rollers.

I have a couple of repair shops not far, one is Ranger Precision(great work for so far, but this is a different animal)and Muschke manufacturing(in Houston but we're friends and he has a Cetme so he knows about them).

Thank you for your help on this.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#9]

HK rollers are interchangeable with Cetme

Robert RTG
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. That name sounds familiar.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
HKparts.net carries rollers as well, go with +8s which should give you a best case scenerio of .016" gap. Rtg seems to be out of stock on many of his rollers.

Bolt head and locking piece are not interchangeable between cetme and hk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top