Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 9:11:01 PM EDT
Is the cocking tube laser still made for the MP5?  Is it still available, if so where?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
LDI got bought by Steiner eOptics. When I got mine, I had to call a lady at LDI and order over the phone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
And I don't believe the LDI model is made, by anyone, either.

Optics Planet
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Your best bet is the marketplace on HKpro or the boards on Sturm.  Lot of guys bought guns with those on them and probably took them off and chucked them in the parts bin.  I have a few laser pistol guide rods i'll get around to selling one of these days for the same reason.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
A LDI rep confirmed they stopped making them as Steiner wanted to consoilidate their efforts on all the PEQ and DBAL devices.
A bummer because I always wanted a dual IR/VIS laser in the cocking tube, along with one for the K foregrip model. Just could never pony up money in time.
In all honesty, a surefire rail with a LDI CQBL is probably a better option. Obviously adds more weight but it allows you to also attach a visible and IR illum as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Check Gatewood Supply Corp. He may have some. Send an email.

http://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/HK-Parts_c_8.html

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I too am looking for the LDI cocking tube laser with no luck.

I always assumed this would work on my "K" model, the same as it would on the full size, can anyone answer that for me?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I too am looking for the LDI cocking tube laser with no luck.

I always assumed this would work on my "K" model, the same as it would on the full size, can anyone answer that for me?
View Quote

Edit: I'm a liar. Doesnt fit the K. Tried again today and I remember now why...
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine only fits the standard MP5 and not the K:

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is the visible laser only. Doesn't have IR capability. Not sure what the model # is. Maybe tomorrow I will dig it out and put it in the K.

ETA: MWarnick1 is right. It doesnt fit the K. Tube is too short.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a cocking tube  laser made for the MP5k.  It was made by S-K Industries which is no longer around.
He made a couple versions and IR ones too.  His "K" design put a rechargeable  battery in the front grip along
with a disk shaped neoprene like button on the side of the handle for activation.

Here is a couple  pics and the profile is small enough to allow a suppressor to be attached

On the MP5 versions I believe the power supply was in the forearm as well as the activation button.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
That's cool. I like the smaller head size to allow a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Thats a good price. Mine from LDI was like $600.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top