BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't resist anymore and just pulled the trigger on a Z5P
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Im gonna call Atlantic on Monday and add the fullsize to my order so they can ship together. I don't wanna wait. Ha.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Im gonna call Atlantic on Monday and add the fullsize to my order so they can ship together. I don't wanna wait. Ha.
View Quote

NICE.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Picked mine up tonight

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I should be picking both mine up tomorrow. How is the mag fitment and overall fit and finish? I have heard mostly good things about these which is why I chose it over the POF.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I should be picking both mine up tomorrow. How is the mag fitment and overall fit and finish? I have heard mostly good things about these which is why I chose it over the POF.
View Quote

Mag fits nice and tight.  I have to smack the bottom of the mag to get it to seat.  This is my first gun of this type so I don't have anything else to compare fit and finish but it is nice and I'm happy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Does the mag click in easy with the bolt locked back? The "official" reloading method is to pull and lock the bolt back, remove the empty mag, insert a fresh mag, then slap the bolt handle down recharging the weapon.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Does the mag click in easy with the bolt locked back? The "official" reloading method is to pull and lock the bolt back, remove the empty mag, insert a fresh mag, then slap the bolt handle down recharging the weapon.

View Quote

The MKE's work exactly as intended.

Very nice guns.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same both ways.  Could be because the paint is a little thick in spots and after a few insertions it could be easier but I don't know.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#10]
In my RS, the MKE's click in very sharply with the bolt back and need a little bump with the bolt closed if the mag is loaded. I have 7 HK's mage and some click right in and others seem "thick" and take a little force to get them to click. All run fine. The MKE's had a small sharp edge on the inside of the feed lips that was cutting into the brass. I touched them with a jewelers file to take the sharp edge down. Now they're as smooth as the HK mags.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Update. Picked up both my z5P and Full-size. Quality seems outstanding. One issue I have is that the z5P 3 lug is too tight on my octane 9 my understanding is that they got a double painted 3 lug and that the tolerance of this may not fit most 3 lugs. I believe zenith has suggested using solvent to remove some pain so it fits better. Anybody had this issue yet or tried it?. The 3 lug fits the full size without issue.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Update. Picked up both my z5P and Full-size. Quality seems outstanding. One issue I have is that the z5P 3 lug is too tight on my octane 9 my understanding is that they got a double painted 3 lug and that the tolerance of this may not fit most 3 lugs. I believe zenith has suggested using solvent to remove some pain so it fits better. Anybody had this issue yet or tried it?. The 3 lug fits the full size without issue.
View Quote

I just got my 3-lug adapter and the paint is too thick on the barrel for the adapter to slide down far enough. I'm trying to carefully remove paint. ETA: Got it! Just took about 5 minutes with some acetone and my wife's...I don't know what this thing is. Nail file? Whatever, it works on guns too.

ETA: Those with 3 lug cans - do you keep the thread protector on with the can mounted?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just got my 3-lug adapter and the paint is too thick on the barrel for the adapter to slide down far enough. I'm trying to carefully remove paint. ETA: Got it! Just took about 5 minutes with some acetone and my wife's...I don't know what this thing is. Nail file? Whatever, it works on guns too.

ETA: Those with 3 lug cans - do you keep the thread protector on with the can mounted?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread protector stays on. Without it the can will wobble a bit and damage the threads.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thread protector stays on. Without it the can will wobble a bit and damage the threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, my suppressor fits super tight on the 3 lug and isn't wobbling at all without the thread protector. If I put the thread protector on, what keeps the thread protector from loosening and falling into the path of a bullet?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I used a little acetone and soft abrasive pad for refinishing wood and hit the 3 lug in several areas. 3 lug slips right on and off now. I took off paint to bare metal on a few high spots. Might eventually touch it up with light coat of high temp paint in the future. My full size needed nothing, 3 lug fit snug out of box.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
now that I've burned through my "sig" phase, it looks like HK/pseudo-HK might have to be next....
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
now that I've burned through my "sig" phase, it looks like HK/pseudo-HK might have to be next....
View Quote

My form 1 isn't even back on my MPX and I bought 2 MKEs. :). Got tired of AR SBRs and shotguns. Really subgenus should have been my go to all along. I have a nice indoor range near me and subgenus are just much more pleasant to shoot indoors than 10.5 ARs, even with suppressors.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let's see pics
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Thought you'd like it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My form 1 isn't even back on my MPX and I bought 2 MKEs. :). Got tired of AR SBRs and shotguns. Really subgenus should have been my go to all along. I have a nice indoor range near me and subgenus are just much more pleasant to shoot indoors than 10.5 ARs, even with suppressors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that I should have gotten in to 9mm subguns sooner also.

These MKE's are really nice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree also they are addictive.  The only downside is they are fucking expensive
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I agree also they are addictive.  The only downside is they are fucking expensive
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing involving HK, clones or otherwise, is cheap. It's just the price of admission.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the same issues , I also had a discussion with zenith/me about this issue and gave em my 2 cents. I ended up removing all the paint and reapply a small layer of blueing.. I even took a video of trying to get my 3 lug on there prior to stripping the paint .. Imho should of never left the factory that way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I had the same issues , I also had a discussion with zenith/me about this issue and gave em my 2 cents. I ended up removing all the paint and reapply a small layer of blueing.. I even took a video of trying to get my 3 lug on there prior to stripping the paint .. Imho should of never left the factory that way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh...probably not but seems like a pretty minor event to correct.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah after I just sat down and used the abrasive pad it was literally a 2 minute fix. I did notice today that I think my Z5P front sight is every so slightly canted to the right, maybe 2-3 degrees. Anybody else notice this on theirs? Its really a minor issue and rear sight is adjusted according not even maxed out. Probably not worth the effort to fix but I emailed Zenith to see what they say. My RS looks straight but it also has rear drum adjusted slightly to the right. I will say the 2 early POFs I saw were definitely crooked sights and cocking tubes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#26]
We purchased five of them somewhat recently and if any of you guys are going to be putting them through a workout, I would recommend you pick up another set of rollers and at least one roller retainer.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Have you had issues with them (MKE) wearing out prematurely or just the nature of the Mp5 in general?  Love your threads btw, cant wait to come check you guys out next time I take a trip to vegas!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Buy a HK94 and have no worries
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

The MKE's are made on the same machines, under license by HK.

And they're circa 2015 rather than circa 1985.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And they're circa 2015rather than circa 1985.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they're circa 2015rather than circa 1985.

And they're thousands and thousands of dollars cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#31]
As would certainly love to have some real HKs but the last one HK 94 I saw for sale was $5500 asking which is about $1500 more than both my MKE guns plus tax stamps so not really affordable for me at this time. I would like to hear back from Ron how they are holding up overall and or how long till they are needing small part replaced.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except that there's no warranty, and HK won't service it for you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm very interested in how these hold up. Got my hands on a mke at-43 a while ago and while some others had complaints about the internals being different than a true 93, I thought overall fit and finish was more than acceptable and had no malfunctions through 200 rounds of steel case.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Ill report back how mine do. Gonna run them a bit before I submit the form 1s next week hopefully.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#35]
looked at one today, but LWRC is making that .45ACP one that comes out in 2016, but that is not MP5ish.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

looked at one today, but LWRC is making that .45ACP one that comes out in 2016, but that is not MP5ish.
View Quote

That .45 LWRC looks like it's got my name on it.

Not MP5ish, but I'm really liking what I've seen so far.

I can easily see getting another MKE in the mean time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I will definitely be looking for LWRC but even if it comes out on time (unlikely) it would probably be about 2 years before I would actually have one with stamp in hand so MP5s and MPX will hold me over in the meantime.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#39]
My feelings are similar. I am happy with mine (haven't shot them yet) with the exception that both seem to have slightly canted front sight posts, very minimal only a few degrees but kinda bugs me. I will be getting this corrected along with a refinish and form 1 engraving from Investment Grade Firearms later this month while I am waiting for my forms to clear. Even with this custom work I am coming in about a thousand less than the price of one HK94 I saw locally so I am happy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a few questions about the zeniths the P model mostly

1. Is the chamber fluted like Hks and teh AAs?
2. is the bolt tungsten filled?
3. Is the barrel stainless or Chromo?
4. Do the mags work? Latest generation chrome followers?

so on
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

My Z5-RS has proven reliable and accurate so far...nothing about it strikes me as odd.

I wanted a gun to replicate the one I was issued, but wasn't going to go to the expense of finding a donor 94. When the Form 1 came back, I slapped an HK A3 stock on it, the buffer promptly disintegrated (which I kind of figured would happen) and it was deadlined. Replaced the buffer and off we went...it did well for the couple hundred rounds I fired. Fine by me, since that is likely all it will see annually.

I'm an HK armorer, when I took it apart and inspected it I didn't see anything odd or uncharacteristic. I'm happy with it for $1600. It's not an HK and I knew that going in to it. Zenith seems pretty responsive to issues, it's nicer than a POF or older MKE import, and it was available.

If I wanted a show piece/gun I had to rely on for anything, I'd get a Dakota Tactical build. For a shooter, this thing will fit my needs.
View Quote

After roughly 2000 rounds of all types of ammo, without a single FTE/FTF, this gun is far better than just a range gun IMO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have a few questions about the zeniths the P model mostly

1. Is the chamber fluted like Hks and teh AAs?
2. is the bolt tungsten filled?
3. Is the barrel stainless or Chromo?
4. Do the mags work? Latest generation chrome followers?

so on
View Quote

1 Yes, I think it's 16 flutes, but could be twelve
2 Yes
3 CHF CrMV
4 My MKE mags work. One will only feed RN bullets and Hornady XTP's. I found slight burrs on the under edge of the followers. I cleaned them up and had had no further issues with feeding. The mags are 99% identical to the HK mags I have. The only difference is a very very very very slight difference to the shape of the bumpers on the back of the mag that prevent over-insertion. The HK's are sort of elliptical and the MKE's are not so elliptical.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#44]
where can these be had for a decent price? I really want one in the traditional MP5 size.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
where can these be had for a decent price? I really want one in the traditional MP5 size.
View Quote

I'm not sure what you consider a "decent price," but they are listed just under $1700 at Atlantic Firearms and at Copper Custom.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what you consider a "decent price," but they are listed just under $1700 at Atlantic Firearms and at Copper Custom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got my Z-5RS, the full sized MP5 model from Atlatic.

Couldn't recommend a vender more highly, great customer service.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Decent for an AR is around $600-$700

I'm not new to the Hk world and know that decent here adds a 1 to the front of that in most cases. I was looking at both Copper Custom and AA. I've never bought from either though. I suppose enough people here have however that I shouldn't be worried about it.  Now to just get the wife's approval...
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Decent for an AR is around $600-$700

I'm not new to the Hk world and know that decent here adds a 1 to the front of that in most cases. I was looking at both Copper Custom and AA. I've never bought from either though. I suppose enough people here have however that I shouldn't be worried about it.  Now to just get the wife's approval...
View Quote

I also bought my Z-5RS from Atlantic and was very happy with the service.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Thats where I got mine as well. Going to test fire them today before sending in form 1. Only problem I have it the slightly canted sight towers I mentioned earlier. I will be getting new towers put on when I have the guns refinished though.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top