Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2015 11:50:49 AM EDT
was looking at this MP5 F from HK Parts and was curious how lock up and everything was compared to an actual HK?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and its rock solid.  I did take a drill bit and run it through the pin hole to deburr it and now its very smooth when installing it..

there was one in the EE for sale.  nm-- it sold--  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_47/1435041_WTS_MP5_F_stock.html
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the exact one.

Dropped into a C93 with no issues.

That being said, I hate that it is only 2 positions. Its a little long for my liking on the C93 when extended
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have that stock on my 10mm Vector and it has worked pretty much flawlessly the whole time I've used it.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one.  It works well and locks up tight.  The hole is slightly off.  It requires the assistance of a rubber mallet.

I would recommend everyone look at the B&T folders though.  Checkweld is better and the lock up solid and go on/off with minimal effort.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one.  It works well and locks up tight.  The hole is slightly off.  It requires the assistance of a rubber mallet.

I would recommend everyone look at the B&T folders though.  Checkweld is better and the lock up solid and go on/off with minimal effort.
View Quote

This. I had trouble getting it on my SW5. Eventually dumped it because the fit was way too tight. Will probably just pick up an older A3 style stock at some point.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
For the money, you could do worse, but I didn't like mine either.. Of course it could have been my clone (DJ Getz), but it didn't fit well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Own it, love it.

Built extremely well.....highly recommended.

I did need to smooth out one of the stock pin holes on one side with a Dremel to get the pin fit correct, but it took about 2 minutes.

No wobble, no play, locks up tight.....just a great stock.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Everyone has the same problem.  How hard could it be to move the stock pin hole slightly.

Of course it is an easy fix and I would have done so with mine if I liked the stock.  I just find that A3 stocks are much cooler to look at than actually use.  Check weld is AWFUL.  I'd highly recommend trying one out before you buy one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
ATI MP5 5 A3 Stock

Bought this stock last year when they were on sale. As everyone has said- had to move a pin-hole.

Other than that, finish is great. Functions flawlessly. Cheek-weld not so hot, but that's ok.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a used HK stock (surplus) via HKparts, had it re-parked, then Cerakoted in HK Black; matcvhes to a "T".

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP5-A3-Stock-Surplus-83p16659.htm
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got the full A2 stock, but have been debating this one as well. Mostly for the look of it. Is it worth it in y'all's opinions? The A2 is rock solid and the cheek weld is never an issue.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#12]
The B&T stocks are my favorite for actual use.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've got the full A2 stock, but have been debating this one as well. Mostly for the look of it. Is it worth it in y'all's opinions? The A2 is rock solid and the cheek weld is never an issue.
View Quote

Personally, I'd buy it without hesitation.

For the price (which is great IMO) it's not all that much different than an actual HK A3 stock....and those are seriously expensive.

So if the pin doesn't quite line up with one of the pin holes in the stock like many have experienced, it's literally a 2 minute fix with a narrow grinding stone stone on a Dremel. You're simply resizing the pin hole in the stock, obviously you aren't modifying the receiver hole on the gun itself.

I realize having to "fix" a brand new item isn't preferable, but based on the ease of it and the excellent quality of the stock, it's well worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top