Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2015 11:30:55 AM EDT
Ok, if I had asked this question a few years ago I would already know the answer. As of lately after reading some less than stellar reviews of Vector V93s produced in the past few years, I'm not sure they are worth the extra couple hundred pesos over a Century C93. There is a local shop that has a C93 on consignment and I know the dealer so I could check the bolt gap with no problem(I've had some experience with HK rifles, owned a PTR91, HK93, own 2 Coharie 9mm and one IGF built 9mm and Vector 53 currently). I have mostly followed the issues that the Century's have and I can always run the gun up to Jayson at IGF if the gun needs extensive mods but I can troubleshoot the guns with some issues myself. So what are the hive's thoughts? I have lots of mags for my V53 and I want a 93. So should I go for the Century or the Vector?

Thanks in advance!
ARKAR
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
OK I have both. I have had 2 Century C93s, and finally own one C93 and on genuine HK93.

I will say this. The C93s I have had were reliable and functioned well enough. BUT...side by side, there is a big difference.

Not only in the quality of the build, but in the way they function. For example the Century made receiver magwells on my 2 C93s were way too tight. Actually made mag changes slower. And things like the cocking handle were not well done on my C93s. They were sticky and required some force to start the cocking pull. The cocking handle on the genuine HK is smooth as butter. Everything better put together.

The US made pistol grip assembly on the C93s has a lot of flashing, and generally feels cheap. Genuine HK93 pistol grip assemble is smooth and feels very solid, ergos are way better. Same with the selector switch, etc.

The C93 is also slightly different since it is made from an HK33 parts kits, and while the parts are interchangeable, it has a carry handle where the HK93 doesn't for example.

I pretty much just keep the C93 around for spare parts. If I am going to shoot, I will shot the HK93.

Honestly, the C93 will cost you ~ $600-700.  I picked up my HK93 with a surefire tac light and bayonet mount for $2200.

While it seems like a lot, I am glad I did, once I saw the differences. Mags are expensive, but I bought several of the HK steel 30 round mags, they are more useful than the 40 round aluminum, though the 40s look cool.

As for the $1500 clones, I don't see the point. If you look you can find the real deal for not much more.  Unless you just want a 1/7 barrel and picatinny rail in an HK93 format, it doesn't really make sense.

Hope that helps.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Imo... save the HK's for the safe. They are irreplaceable. The c/v 93's on the other hand are for shooting.

I would take my chances on a V93. Better finish, paddle mag release, and if need be far better warranty service. I own a V93 and it is a dream. The mag well is perfect, sights are straight, and the finish is as good as it gets.

However, the C93 has caught up to the V93 in terms of function/reliability it appears. If you want to save cash, don't mind a park finish, no paddle mag release, tougher welds, and we'll documented warranty issues, the but the C93.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a reason you're not looking at the MKE Turkish imports? I was considering the same C93 vs. V93 question, but now seeing the MKEs coming down the pike, I'm leaning much more in that direction. Especially since I'm considering getting the pistol 93 copy, get the upper SBR engraved and stamped, so I'll have a 12" rifle with collapsible stock. The pistols have less import-focused monkeying done with them than the rifles.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
where are you getting mags for these rifles?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Made on HK tooling under HK license.  

They are sight unseen as of yet, but the 9mm offerings have arrived and so far they look....  good.  

http://zenithfirearms.com/firearms/rifles/z-43-rifle/
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Made on HK tooling under HK license.  

They are sight unseen as of yet, but the 9mm offerings have arrived and so far they look....  good.  

http://zenithfirearms.com/firearms/rifles/z-43-rifle/
View Quote

Yup, MKE/Zenith guns are looking very promising.

So promising I just bought an MP5 pistol to SBR from them through Atlantic yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top