Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2015 12:49:46 PM EDT
Trying to decide between these 2 clones. Is the djg worth the extra money?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The AA clones have great reviews and I wouldn't hesitate to get one. If you want something different like a pictogram lower and ambi safety then those are options you can get from DJ Getz (when he has them in stock) for a small up charge when you order from him. If you don't care about picto vs SEF then it's a toss in the air. DJ clones come with one year warranty and Dave is awesome to work with. Atlantic Arms also has great customer service from the reviews I have seen.

DJ Getz only takes money order or check. No credit cards. So keep that in mind if you had planned to pay by credit card.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the finishes and quality comparable?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Finish on DJ I have time with is very good. Weld are very good. There is just one tiny bb size spot on paint that isn't perfect and a weld in front of the mag well that I thought should've been smoothed before paint but honestly overall it's 99% as far as aesthetics. Runs well too. Just a few malfunctions so far.

No hands on with AA models so can't comment.

You may see some posts here and elsewhere speculate that DJ Getz is making the clones branded AA. No clue if it's true though.

Honestly if I was between just the two you listed and wasn't wanting ambi safety or a picto lower then I think I would go with the Atlantic Arms clone and save the 2-300$. Either way I'm sure you'll be happy. Haven't seen a negative review yet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I know you have your mind set on those 2 but have you checked out POF? I just got one and the gun looks great.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I own an AA89 KFS.

I'm very happy with it, the only think that the Getz gun offered was a threaded barrel and I find the three lug attachment to be superior with a silencer anyway.

My Atlantic has eaten everything I've fed it and I've tested it with all sorts of ammo and weights from Wolf, WWB, Remington to Federal.

Don't hesitate on an Atlantic, they offer a 1 year warranty and are easy to get ahold of.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
How about opinions on SEF, finger mold or pictogram? Why is the pictogram more expensive and not offered by AA?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about opinions on SEF, finger mold or pictogram? Why is the pictogram more expensive and not offered by AA?
View Quote
Pictogram is ambi.  If you are right handed its not necessary imo.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't handled an AA reverse stretch to compare it to but I bought one from DJ Getz and am very happy with it, and with Dave's customer service. I think the builders of both products studied at the same school, so like others have said it's more a matter of aesthetics, if that matters to you. Can't go wrong with either one. Also Atlantic Arms rocks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top