Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 2:30:34 PM EDT
Please help a brother out who's new to the PTR91. I just disassembled my rifle for the first time, all is well until I went to put the bolt and carrier back together. I put the firing pin, and the "locking lug" piece in, spun it and locked it in. I then put the bolt head on spun it and also locked it in. My mistake was because im a newb I didn't quite know when to stop spinning. The piece seemed to be locked in at the same position and turns as it was when I removed it, but to be sure I wanted to spin it more and see if it could continue. I cant remember how much more I spun it around but It wasn't to much..now the bolt is stuck sideways and no matter what I do I cant spin it in any direction.  Please take a look at the pictures and let me know what I need to be doing to get this unstuck...I know there has to be some trick to get it unstuck...Thanks

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's your check piece lever?  That's what goes in that big divot in the side of the bolt carrier.  Once that's taken care of, go to HKPro, they have diagrams on how to install the bolt.  I can't tell you but I could show you in an instant.  As someone said years ago, Disassembling an HK is easy if you know how and impossible if you don't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Guys over ak HKpro set me straight, problem solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top