Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 10:38:32 AM EDT
I have a C91, and finally got out to do some shooting this weekend. After picking up some brass I noticed the cases had a slight dent between the rim and neck. The case was not split, or ruptured. I had no FTFs or FTEs, there were no differences that I could detect in the reports (nothing muffled or louder). I was shooting Privi brass 147gr FMJ. I see no damage anywhere on the rifle, and the bolt gap is within spec. Primers have a nice centered mark from the pin. Thoughts??
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Normal on all roller guns.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the quick replies!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

HK made a ejection port buffer to prevent this. If needed they can still be found.
View Quote

Just keep in mind that the port buffer will scratch up the gun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:22:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All things considered, THESE work fairly well, and they won't bugger up your rifles finish.  
View Quote

+1. I have one. Doesn't hurt the finish at all. There is still a ding in the brass. I haven't tried to reload it but I hear its not an issue. Brass is ejected slightly forward with great vigor
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure they all do that.  PTR officially recommends that you don't use the fired brass for reloading.  Hope that's a CYA cause I certainly intend to try it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Normal.

In the old days, some folks removed the lip on the ejection port.  I'd rather get the buffer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pretty sure they all do that.  PTR officially recommends that you don't use the fired brass for reloading.  Hope that's a CYA cause I certainly intend to try it.
View Quote

You can reload it pending that you can find it.

The flute etchings won't be eliminated but don't effect functionality of the reloads. I usually keep my PTR-91 brass reloads separate from my others but that isn't necessary.
Check OAL and trim as necessary, not much of a problem aside from cosmetic issues.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a C91, and finally got out to do some shooting this weekend. After picking up some brass I noticed the cases had a slight dent between the rim and neck. The case was not split, or ruptured. I had no FTFs or FTEs, there were no differences that I could detect in the reports (nothing muffled or louder). I was shooting Privi brass 147gr FMJ. I see no damage anywhere on the rifle, and the bolt gap is within spec. Primers have a nice centered mark from the pin. Thoughts??
View Quote

Your rifle may not be ejecting properly. My HK leaves a HUGE dent in the case, then flings it about 40" away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top