Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2015 1:21:19 PM EDT
Has anybody seen any of the Gen 2's locally? Was Atlantic Firearms the only vendor to get these thus far? I've nothing locally and nothing as of yet on Gunbroker...
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Has anybody seen any of the Gen 2's locally? Was Atlantic Firearms the only vendor to get these thus far? I've nothing locally and nothing as of yet on Gunbroker...
View Quote
I bought one from atlantic recently with a serial # under 100.  If you wait to see one in a shop I have a feeling you'll be waiting a while.  keep an eye on them @ Atlantic and "pull the trigger" when you see them in stock.  They do not stay in stock very long at all, maybe an hour or two.  FWIW the email notify me from Atlantic did not work for me, I just got lucky and checked, I got the last one in stock

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
taking her to the range today, will update with range report

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The 32 is at the top of my want list right now.  7.62x39 semis are hot on my brain lately for whatever reason.

Have an A3 stock, green wide handguard, and an M15x1 AAC 51t mount waiting for when I have the cash ready for the rifle.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Waiting for a range report.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here...........it would be a nice HK32 clone

Quoted:
Waiting for a range report.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, I'll try this again.  Just lost a long reply, whatever.

The rifle is accurate and a joy to shoot, open sights to 300yds no problem on steel.  124gr Russian FMJ.  RD to 200yds free standing 100% if I do my part.  250 to 300 rds total.  This was all from yesterday.

Mags suck, insertion is terrible, except for polymer.  The Bulgarian 30rd mag that came w/the rifle had feed issues along w/Tapco's.  The Pmag I used was the only mag that was 100%.  The dimensions in the mag well and mag release are very tight.  I did a lot of yanking and pulling on mags with a busted knuckle for my effort. That's using gloves.  All my metal mags just to tight to use, the tabs will not go past the release.

To sight in off a bench I used an Arsenal 10 rd mag w/metal tab and polymer body.  Once the mag was over center on the release that was all she wrote.  The mag release face looks like it has been in a grinder.  Had to use a fence post to knock it out.  Where's my Wasr?

Had several weird jams, 2rds in the ramp facing opposite directions, the fired rd always on the left facing aft.

I'll check w/PTR and figure it all out.

Purchased earlier this month from Atlantic and that was all good as always.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:55:53 AM EDT
[#9]
good luck
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
in stock now for those looking to buy
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Atlantic Firearms has them now!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I was really looking forward to picking up one of these but it seems like there are some mag issues.  Is the gun designed around one particular commercial mag?  One major reason for me to consider this gun over something like an AR variant is to use all my steel surplus AK mags and waffle mags, so if it won't use those reliably, it kind of defeats the purpose.  Still a beautiful gun, I just don't feel like buying ak pmags or something just to use with this gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got off the phone with the PTR customer service manager and it was not pretty.  Basically,  I'm stuck with just pmags and the Bulgarian polymer magazines.  That's all they could get to work out the 7 magazines I sent with the rifle. Their fix for the magazine issue is don't use magazines that don't work.  Really duh?  I wish I had known that before I purchased the PTR32 Gen ll.  I received a lecture for not sending them a cleaned rifle, which they requested.  I did wipe the the parts down but not much more.  Like I mentioned I fired about 250 rounds of non-corrosive Wolf WPA on a Sunday and sent the rifle back to PTR the following Tuesday.  They signed for the rifle on Thursday and in that length of time the bolt pitted, which they replaced at their expense Thank you.  I may have been remiss on cleaning, but for the bolt to pit in that length of time, please!  All the issues were my fault.

What it boiled down to is use the Bulgarian mags they recommend and learn how to clean a rifle and "don't let the door hit you in the ass."

The conversation ended with me saying, "send the damn rifle to me.  Thank you," and hung up.

PTR has had the last of my business, I am not impressed with their customer service or the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#17]
So any conclusions here. I'm interested in this rifle, but I now live in a restricted state so no new mags. I have a pile of steel european pattern ak mags, but I can't get new mags if they don't work. Any thoughts?

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#18]
If PTR won't stand behind their product, I'm confident that Atlantic will.  But, this mag thing is really worrying me...I think I'll stick to my AK's for now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
The only reason PTR sent me a return authorization was because of Atlantic.  All PTR did once they got the rifle was confirm what I had observed, of the 7 mags I sent w/the rifle, only the pmag and Bulgarian function correctly.  They did nothing to correct the issue, they are  just sending the rifle back.
What was the point of sending them the rifle?  Makes no sense to me.

To be fair, they had a tragic event take place while in possession of my rifle and they may have been distracted.  I'm being kind!

List of mags sent to PTR: Bulgarian slab side, shipped w/rifle
                                              Pmag
                                              Tapco ribbed
                                              Korean steel gray
                                              Russian steel black
                                              Russian bakelite, all the above are 30rd mags
                                             10rd Arsenal polymer

As mentioned, the pmag and Bulgarian worked, the tapco had to be forced to install and jambed rds. The rest would not install, the tabs would not go past the mag release. The arsenal mag had to be forced to install and beat on a fence post to release.

I believe the mag well and or mag release pivot point are out of spec. Atlantic is testing several of their mags to confirm function on their PTR32 Genll, then will ship to me.  I will confirm function in my 32 Genll.

At least Atlantic understands the point of all this is to have these different 7.62x39 rifles function with "all" the different AK mags we have in our inventories.  

Just like I told PTR, being stuck with 2 types of plastic mags is BS.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
That doesn't instill much confidence.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I want to Clarify that Atlantic has never claimed that the PTR 32 will work with ALL AK mags  known to man . We have stated that they will work with a much wider variety than the Gen 1 PTR 32. Due to the variations in AK mags made by different country's you may find that not all mags will work . We typically find that 7 out of 10 random mags work and you may need to mark the mags that specifically work with the PTR 32. Will not work with Bolt Hold Open mags
View Quote

"All," was a bad word choice.  I do understand that every country under the sun makes an AK mag.

I would be happy with 7 out of 10 mags functioning properly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I will chime in here since I bought one as well.  

I took mine to the range once so far.  

I brought 3 Bakelite 30s, and 2 euro steel 30s.  I dug some 40 round RPK mags out of the basement later on but did not have them at the range.  

One of my two Euro steels functioned 100%.  Two of my 3 Bakes functioned 100%.  I ended up just marking the ones that ran 100%.

The rifle is a joy to shoot, the weight makes the recoil much more pleasant then my slr107.  I also like the safety more then the 107 and the LOP.

It would be nice if all my mags worked but I am really happy with the rifle as is.  I will try my 40s on Thursday of this next week and report back with my findings.  

Heres a quick pic I took with a few of my HK pistols. I bought mine because I knew if I had problems Atlantic would fix them.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I picked up mine last week. Went with PTR32K.. Put about 300 rounds worked great mags used Bulgarian, Tapco slab side and Promag 73 drum. Fun gun will file out form1 this week its begging for a stock.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ptr-32-pistol-2557-detail.html?Itemid=0
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:31:42 AM EDT
[#27]
My rifle is on the way back from Atlantic, pick it up Monday.  I'll see how it functions this next weekend and post the results.

I've got my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top