Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2015 7:32:55 PM EDT
Trying to decide between the 3. Which is the best route to go? Help me out fellas. Also trying to decide between the full size, reverse stretch, and K.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Getz is, or at least was, supplying the guns for Atlantic.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Between the options you listed I would simply go with the the cheapest or whichever you can get sooner.  If you don't care about german parts, etc, then any of the above will serve you well I'm sure.  Only complaint I have with my DJG clone is it doesn't like winchester hollow points (147 gr).  Haven't tried other brands or weights so cant comment on that any further.  with a suppressor it is the tits.

The K is nice, but I sometimes think about how comfortable the full sized mp5 would feel.  Pretty much a grass is greener situation.

I should take new pictures soon

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
By the time the next batch of POF guns arrive I bet the MKE's will be right behind them.
Yup I bought one of the MKE's a couple of years ago, now you have 4 options.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't compare the options, but my Getz factory SBR has eaten any ammo I've fed it from day one, with or without a suppressor.  I was impressed at how it functioned so well on even cheaper ammo without the can.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
To be clear, I don't own any of them.  I have dealt with Dj.  Great guy and stands behind the products he sells.  I've heard the same about Atlantic, but have not bought from them.  To me, I would rather my money stays here.  I would always buy the US made product before buying foreign made, if they are anywhere near comparable.  But that is just me.  YMMV.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't be happier with my reverse stretch Atlantic Arms AA89KFS.  It's eaten everything I've fed it from WWB and steel cases Wolf to 147 gr Special K.

Getz or Atlantic and you can't go wrong.

I was torn on the platform and I am very glad I went with the reverse stretch.  I'm 6'5 and with a B&T UMP stock it is very comfortable to shoot.  A true K may have been a little cramped.  I never really considered a full size as I have rifle caliber guns the same length.

If you want something based on licensed tooling I would wait for the MKE's as oppose to POF.  But with the high quality clones out now the "built on HK tooling" isn't very important IMO.  You hear people saying this often on the internet but these people usually haven't owned a clone or haven't purchased one since the days when all you could get were sub-par Todd Bailey clones.

The roller lock clone market has come a long way, there has never been a better time to buy.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Two Getz here.  A fullsize MP5 and an SD.  Both are crazy reliable.   I bought the first one because he is local, and the second because I was so happy with the first one.  

I think the fullsize MP5 is more iconic, and for the minor reduction in size the K gives you, not worth the loss of ballistic performance.  

I also can't wait to see what the MKE's look like.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Getz full size owner here. They are extremely well put together firearms. The fit and finish is very very nice. I like it so much I recently submitted my form 1 through eforms and buying a suppressor this week. Go for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]

POF-5 owner here shoots anything I feed it, Korean mags function 100% so far, downside at least mine the finish sucked but now its cerakoted so all is well. The cool thing about the POF and MKE is they are made in licensed factories.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an MP5 Navy, and K by DJ Getz. Love em
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#12]
For those that use a k grip up front on the DJ Getz clones, how well do they lock up when you push the pin through? I have the standard pistol front grip now and it has a fair amount of wobble which will only be magnified when a k grip is put on unless they lock up tighter.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
It shouldn't have wobble.  My Atlantic is rock solid up front.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The amount of wobble in the stock and foregrip varies some. DJ Getz and many other known builders try to shape and massage the rear of the K receivers to make the fit of the stock tighter. Most chaote stocks are so all over the place in terms of tolerances for the stock base that goes into the receiver its a crap shoot on their end. B&Ts are definitely tighter with less wobble but cost considerably more. If your stock wobbles you can wrap the mounting block areas with electrical tape/teflon tape to act as a shim. The other thing is K receiver will slowly stretch over time as the stock mounts inside the receiver and not over the outside like all other models. This causes the stock to act as a torque bar prying against the receiver when shouldered. Especially with heavy full auto use from sear owners or SOTs

The front grip if bought aftermarket (HK parts US made one) tend to have a little extra material on the grip that seats into the trunion. I just take mine to a belt sander and fit it as I go to where I get a firm and snug fit without needing to be the hulk to install it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you, SVT. This will be going on a form 1 reverse stretch. Glad to know the us made k grip on hkparts is good. Didn't know if I should pay more for German k grip from them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Another vote for DJ Getz.  I have his fullsize 89 with a Choate folding stock. Works great.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

POF-5 owner here shoots anything I feed it, Korean mags function 100% so far, downside at least mine the finish sucked but now its cerakoted so all is well. The cool thing about the POF and MKE is they are made in licensed factories.
View Quote

My finish on the pof is also not great. When you cerakoted, did you sand blast all the paint off or go over the top?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My finish on the pof is also not great. When you cerakoted, did you sand blast all the paint off or go over the top?
View Quote

Gotta blast the paint off so the cerakote has something to adhere to that won't flake off and take it with it.  There's a better way to word that sentence but I think you can make sense of it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#19]
DJ Getz! He is a great guy and will help you through the process if you are unsure.
One of the most stand up sellers/manufacturers I have ever dealt with....
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I just bought one of the newer POF 5KX  pistols

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_category_id=23&virtuemart_product_id=2654

I will post up a review once I get it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#21]
These threads make me jealous. I have had a few clones years ago and could not get them to run right and gave up on the idea of owning another. Now, as time moves forward and companies are making better ones, I am interested again. The pistols and carbines by Atlantic, are the mags HK brand or another type sold with the guns.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DJ Getz! He is a great guy and will help you through the process if you are unsure.
One of the most stand up sellers/manufacturers I have ever dealt with....
View Quote

+1

Whatever you need, DJ Getz
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Does he have his own website?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does he have his own website?
View Quote

He does not. He has a vendor page on a hk forum and contact info listed there plus a ton of info on his stuff.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These threads make me jealous. I have had a few clones years ago and could not get them to run right and gave up on the idea of owning another. Now, as time moves forward and companies are making better ones, I am interested again. The pistols and carbines by Atlantic, are the mags HK brand or another type sold with the guns.
View Quote

The AA come with POF marked mags.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:19:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Another happy POF owner checking in. No crooked parts, feeds and ejects crap blazer alu. cased stuff. I couldn't ask for a better gun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Another happy POF owner checking in. No crooked parts, feeds and ejects crap blazer alu. cased stuff. I couldn't ask for a better gun.
View Quote

Thats good to hear. I bought a POF and it looks good but I will find out if it shoots good tonight. After I put 100-200 round through it, I will do a nice little write up and post it here and on HKpro
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#28]
How do the MKE guns stack up against POF?

Both are made on German tooling I believe, one from Pakistan, the other Turkish.

Anyone know?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Both are made on German tooling I believe, one from Pakistan, the other Turkish.

Anyone know?
View Quote

No new MKE versions coming in yet. I think supposed to start arriving next month. So likely very few people have handled the new ones that will be coming in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Gatorade9001, I'll be looking forward to your review. Is your POF ones of the ones that has the additional import markings on it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Anyone know?
View Quote

I had an MKE AT-94P last year, but decided to sell it when I saw that they were being listed for $3500 on gunbroker . I ended up replacing it with a POF MP-5 this February because I really regretted selling it.

To me, the POF is a nicer gun. But my MKE was one of the ATI imports with the goofy 16" heavy barrel, crooked cocking tube, warped receiver where the blocking bar was welded in, and no third pin. Aside from those issues I honestly couldn't tell you that there was much difference between the two functionality wise.  My MKE "pistol" ran everything I put in it, but it was just a really ugly gun that didn't appeal to me because of how badly it was neutered. I just wasn't willing to put another thousand dollars into getting the gun to look like what I wanted it to look like.

The POF appeals to me more because the cocking tube is straight, my lower swings down like a real MP-5, it has a proper three lug & threaded barrel on it from the factory, and it's in exactly the configuration I wanted direct from the factory for a price that I could justify paying. All I had to add to it was a tax stamp and a stock.

From what I've heard the new MKE guns will have all the same features and QC of the POF guns and then some. I personally would buy either with confidence and I will likely add an MKE SP89 & HK91 to the stable when they become available.

Of course YMMV.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I had an MKE AT-94P last year, but decided to sell it when I saw that they were being listed for $3500 on gunbroker . I ended up replacing it with a POF MP-5 this February because I really regretted selling it.

To me, the POF is a nicer gun. But my MKE was one of the ATI imports with the goofy 16" heavy barrel, crooked cocking tube, warped receiver where the blocking bar was welded in, and no third pin. Aside from those issues I honestly couldn't tell you that there was much difference between the two functionality wise.  My MKE "pistol" ran everything I put in it, but it was just a really ugly gun that didn't appeal to me because of how badly it was neutered. I just wasn't willing to put another thousand dollars into getting the gun to look like what I wanted it to look like.

The POF appeals to me more because the cocking tube is straight, my lower swings down like a real MP-5, it has a proper three lug & threaded barrel on it from the factory, and it's in exactly the configuration I wanted direct from the factory for a price that I could justify paying. All I had to add to it was a tax stamp and a stock.

From what I've heard the new MKE guns will have all the same features and QC of the POF guns and then some. I personally would buy either with confidence and I will likely add an MKE SP89 & HK91 to the stable when they become available.

Of course YMMV.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know?

Of course YMMV.

Wouldn't you have to bring it to 922r compliance? Jus curios as I have a pof
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know?

Of course YMMV.

That would be up to you. My rifle is compliant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top