Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2015 9:12:03 AM EDT
Question for the group - anyone have or use these night sights?
Meprolight HK 91 Sights

I have a nice Z-24 optic that but I am kinda thinking about getting rid of it and going with night sights and sticking with irons.  A couple of the battle rifle training classes I have been looking at all recommended irons over the optics.

So anyway, anyone have experience with these - do they help with target acquisition at all or at they not worth it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
My friend put a set on his PTR and had positive things to say, I think his biggest complaint was the width of the front post. It. It's probably a good close range sight.

I like a scope but the height required to clear the rear sight is a pain in the ass.

I ended up with a low mount and a TRS25 soon to be upgraded to a better sight. It works pretty well and it takes little effort to hit my 12" steel plate out to 300 yards or so.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I put a tritium front pin on a PTR PDW with 8" barrel and like it a lot. No rear tritium, but I can hit a garbage can at 50 yrds in the dark with every shot. With a flash light that goes down to a paper plat at 50 yrds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top