Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2015 9:54:58 PM EDT
I have an HK 91 IC date code and recently came across an ARMS G3 claw mount.  I mounted it and locked it in to place.  Hooks up solidly but appears to be slightly canted to the right looking down the sights.  

From what I can tell their seems to be no way of adjusting this but I am new to these style of bases.  Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.  Could it be the base or the receiver? Base looks new, receiver claw notches look a little scratched but not damaged or deformed in any way.

ETA:

Well, called A.R.M.S. (What I should've done first) and was told they stopped making the claw mount about 15 years ago.  Apparently they licensed it off to a company
called Mounting Solutions Plus http://www.mountsplus.com/

Gave them a call and they were very helpful.  Will be sending in the mount to get it looked at.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Its likely the belville washers in the mount. Its probably too tight, there are two pads on the mount that lock it to the top of the reciever, if you have too many washers it won't lock and likely will be sorta canted. IIRC many years ago I had a similar issue and had to remove a few (which worked out since my HK claw mount was too loose and I put them there and it fixed both).

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh where was that site 15 years ago when I needed it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top