Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2015 6:58:29 AM EDT
a while ago i bought an mp5 clone from a member here, and from what i can tell, it is an early bobcat weapon systems bw5-fs. The fake supressor is an aac imitator, that looks to be welded on. the finish is what looks like shitty oven paint. The stock feels like cheap plastic, but it will be changed soon enough.

does anybody know any more about these clones?

any useful info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
jake
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics would be nice

Bobcat, IIRC, is part of the Todd Bailey family.  Special Weapons, Cohaire, Black Market Parts, etc.

If it runs, you have a nice little PCC. If it doesn't, usually a couple hundred $ will get it running. Often it takes even less than that (extractor spring + extractor).

Good luck and enjoy it!

PS: SBRs are legal in Oregon. Get an NFA trust set up, submit an Eform1, and SBR that little beast.  They're even more fun shortened!

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a bw5 I put a new Hk extractor spring and a correct 9mm hammer and springs in trigger pack and it runs like a champ enjoy these were built buy a guy named Andy Bonas
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Same experience here. I picked an early one up a few years ago and couldn't get through a full mag without a fte.
I was ready to sell it but realized it had a 7.62 ejector. Switched that out(thanks RTG) and it runs like a sewing machine now.
It has a 3 lug barrel under the barrel extension so it's up for an sbr now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a BW5 and the only issue I ever had was with the mag it came with. I had a failure every other round. However with factory HK mags it ran perfect.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a BW-5 that's SBR'd. It has a RCM full auto carrier and runs great with my pack or in semi.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the k version with the 11" shroud and sold it a few years ago. It was a great gun and ran 100% in semi and FA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top