Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2015 8:43:36 PM EDT
I recently acquired a USC converted to UMP (still has factory 16" barrel). Has HK FBI lower, vent slots milled in, llooks like everything was done professionally. Anyone know what a realistic value on this gun is if I were to sell it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a couple conversions out there. Do you know who did it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I'm not sure who did it. Can't find any for sale to compare prices. Do you have a ballpark idea? Whoever did it did a nice, clean job.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:06:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the block that holds the stock aluminum or polymer. A close up of the area will help.

There are hdps conversion uses the aluminum stock block

The top notck kit uses a polymer block with a trimmed lower.

You can check the hdps website, I believe he sells them already converted

I did my conversion with the top notch kit and the parts were 825 if I remember right.  They are not the biggest fan of the guy over at hkpro but the kit has been fine for me.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You can price it out at hkparts.net you need the lower and stock blockblock. He sells some of the Hdps parts.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It has the aluminum HDPS stock block.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
There's one on armslist for 2450
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
They have come down a lot in price the past year, no idea why.  Search GunBroker for current and closed auctions, that is the best way to asses the current value.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Surprised nobody is willing to just drop a dollar amount.

They were going for $3500+ about nine months ago. Now there is one on HKPro.com for that price and it has been sitting for several weeks or a month now.

There are two others listed for $2800 with varying amounts of doodads added on.

I'd say that they are going for $2500 to $2800 for one with a stock block and still about $3500 for one that has a UMP rear fuse job done (of which there are only 2 or 3 people that do that).
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the values are dipping because the people who want one, have one. Theyre not common like an AR-15 platform, so the pool of potential buyers, in my opinion, is much smaller. UMP mags are expensive. It's mostly a collectors item.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the values are dipping because the people who want one, have one. Theyre not common like an AR-15 platform, so the pool of potential buyers, in my opinion, is much smaller. UMP mags are expensive. It's mostly a collectors item.
View Quote

Agreed. It seems like the high point in pricing was mid-2013 through mid-2014 and they've been coming down since then. I think the precipitous drop in the cost of parts kits has been partially impactful.

Are the mags expensive? I have like... 100... in all three calibers.    I have not been tracking prices.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:13:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are the mags expensive? I have like... 100... in all three calibers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed. It seems like the high point in pricing was mid-2013 through mid-2014 and they've been coming down since then. I think the precipitous drop in the cost of parts kits has been partially impactful.

Are the mags expensive? I have like... 100... in all three calibers.    I have not been tracking prices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to be shitting me... I have 12, in .45... and that's "rich" by my estimates.

UMP 45 Mags - German

ON SALE mind you, for $100/ea
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have to be shitting me... I have 12, in .45... and that's "rich" by my estimates.

UMP 45 Mags - German

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UMP 45 Mags - German

Maybe I'm missing something, what does that do that this magazine doesn't?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Those are aftermarket US-made. And also a new-to-market item. Many of us didn't have that option several years ago when the UMP conversions were booming.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody have a range report on the US mags yet?  I didn't buy in as I wasn't sure if they would work to not.

I think prices will climb back up eventually..  I doubt the USC/UMP will be the SP89 but I think the niche will stay on.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

UMP 45 Mags - German

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UMP 45 Mags - German

Huh. Maybe I should sell some. Old pic, I have way more...

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Fucking hell.

Lack of mags is why I sold my USC a long time ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top