Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 11:32:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#1]
How on earth do you create a blowback .308? And more importantly,  why?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How on earth do you create a blowback .308? And more importantly,  why?
View Quote

Because 'merica! I welcome new choices. If this is as nice as their C39 V2 that I just bought, it should be a nice little .308 if it's under $700. I understand it doesn't cater to the clone enthusiasts, but more choices are cool nontheless.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#3]
$679......not bad. I may pick one up depending on reviews.

Atlantic
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Atlantic, how's the fit and finish on these?

I know it's apples and oranges, but I was very impressed with the fit and finish of my C39V2......is the C308 on the same level as the C39V2, in terms of fit and finish?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Just pony up the extra $125.00 and get the PTR. I wonder if Century is still grinding bolts to spec the bolt gap???

This so called Cetme won't even take a Cetme Mag. The PTR rifle will!

HDH.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry about the blow back note we were not correct on that  ,The operating system is still the delayed blowback, same as a G3 & PTR ,however, you will feel quite a bit more kick because of the CETME buffer design .
View Quote

One would think that the Muzzle break Century installs on these should help with some of that recoil???  There is no reason for a good working Cetme to have any more recoil than any other G3 type rifle that is in good working order. The problem starts with the worn out Kits (buffers) that Century uses to build these with and bolt gaps that are out of spec just like the C93 rifles they make.

It all comes down to you get what you pay for and that will never change.

HDH.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Did they cut a notch in the receiver to mount the CETME sight?  They should have extended the rail back further with a little platform to mount the sight, would have looked a lot cleaner.  At least it looks a little better than the first ones they did, a little.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
So I am going to go out on a limb and say all the G3 kits have dried up.  I doubt the Norwegians are going to be getting rid of theirs any time soon.  

I'm curious what price these will trade for once they hit shops.  A little bit more will get you a more authentic HK91 clone from PTR. That's tough competition.  

At least Century is trying!  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Agree with Hanselhd, spend the extra cash and get the PTR.

Hking
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I like it. Imo, the only downside is the lack of the paddle mag release. Otherwise this frankenstein of a rifle looks to be a nice set up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:05:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Will this take a wide HK handguard?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Will this take a wide HK handguard?
View Quote

Assuming the triple frame is unmodified, it will with modification.  There is a ring on the triple frame under the handguard that would need to be ground down.  Once this is done a wide handguard will fit perfectly.  It is not a very difficult operation to perform.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Why does the muzzle break look bubba fucked? Any pics of the barrel without the break?

At least a G3 stock with backing plate is pretty common to fix the buffer issue.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why does the muzzle break look bubba fucked?
View Quote

It looks like they put a 5/8-24 adapter onto the barrel threads and pinned that in place then installed their brake.  It does look odd, not sure why they went that route instead of a 5/8-24 barrel unless someone had a boatload they wanted to get rid of.  Not sure if the barrel is US or surplus CETME.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It looks like they put a 5/8-24 adapter onto the barrel threads and pinned that in place then installed their brake.  It does look odd, not sure why they went that route instead of a 5/8-24 barrel unless someone had a boatload they wanted to get rid of.  Not sure if the barrel is US or surplus CETME.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does the muzzle break look bubba fucked?

The video posted by Atlantic states its a new US barrel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Hi

Does this have fluted chamber like G3 & PTR? I am 100% sure but just to make sure. Also it has CETME buffer, would it also accept G3/PTR buffer as well?

What kind of accuracy are we expecting with this? At least 2 MOA with decent surplus grade?

Seriously thinking about picking one up
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hi

Does this have fluted chamber like G3 & PTR? I am 100% sure but just to make sure. Also it has CETME buffer, would it also accept G3/PTR buffer as well?

What kind of accuracy are we expecting with this? At least 2 MOA with decent surplus grade?

View Quote

I have one...  It does.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have one...  It does.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi

I have one...  It does.

Yes! Looking forward to your review.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I  just picked one of these up today. The welds are all really nice, but I can't get it to completely lock open.Apparently this is indicative of too much cocking tube gap?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I  just picked one of these up today. The welds are all really nice, but I can't get it to completely lock open.Apparently this is indicative of too much cocking tube gap?
View Quote

What do you mean lock open, as in when the charging handle is fully retracted?  

When you pull the cocking handle all the way back you must rotate it to the right so it engages in the hold-open notch.  Then the bolt will be held back.   Also these will not hold the bolt back after the last round is fired so if you are trying to get the bolt to stay open with a magazine inserted, it does not have that feature.  It is like an AK in that respect, no last round bolt hold open.   If not, try to describe in greater detail what you are trying to accomplish.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Hi-

Yes that is what I meant. As I pull back on the charging handle, it stops right before I am able to rotate it up into the recess.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hi-

Yes that is what I meant. As I pull back on the charging handle, it stops right before I am able to rotate it up into the recess.
View Quote

Does the cocking handle rotate outward fully perpendicular to the cocking tube?

How much more does it need to go before it can be rotated into the notch?

Have you fully stripped the weapon and lubed it?  What sort of a buffer system does it have in the buttstock?  This is what the bolt carrier slams into when fired.  You may want to post some pics of your buffer and recoil spring.

You may try firing it first to see if it might loosen up, assuming it will allow you to strip a round off the magazine.

I'd contact whomever you purchased it from about exchanging it before taking any other action to modify things.  About the only thing that could be done is to shorten the cocking handle support the amount needed to allow the handle to swing up into the recess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top