Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2015 2:29:49 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting into the Walther MP5 scene.  I currently have a GSG-522SD model and like it, but just curious if there is a big difference in performance, quality, etc.  Wondering also if GSG mags will work in the Walther model?  Something tells me they don't but would like to know.  Is a rail easily adaptable to the receiver for red dots would help.  Any owners who would share opinions is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting into the Walther MP5 scene.  I currently have a GSG-522SD model and like it, but just curious if there is a big difference in performance, quality, etc.  Wondering also if GSG mags will work in the Walther model?  Something tells me they don't but would like to know.  Is a rail easily adaptable to the receiver for red dots would help.  Any owners who would share opinions is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
View Quote

The Walther MP5 22 is really nice. It's heavy, feels almost exactly like my MKE MP5 SBR. GSG mags DON'T work in it, and I've never handled the GSG, but I hear that the Walther's make the GSG's feel like toys. My Walther functions flawlessly with all types of ammo I've put through it. You can buy a few different claw-mount rails to fit it. There's an official Walther/Umarex one, and you can buy cheapos on Amazon that also work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input!  I have a rail mounted on it now with a cheap little red dot that, I've got to say, is dead on.  I'll keep this in mind, but probably will take the leap into the Umarex mp5.  I've just been thinking on it a good while.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My neighbor has the GSG, I have my Walther made MP5. We both prefer mine.. It feels a lot more realistic.. CDNN has been having a pretty good sale on both of them.. I think the best mod you can do to it is SBR IMO.. Mines a blast to shoot now, feel its better balanced without that faux suppressor
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My neighbor has the GSG, I have my Walther made MP5. We both prefer mine.. It feels a lot more realistic.. CDNN has been having a pretty good sale on both of them.. I think the best mod you can do to it is SBR IMO.. Mines a blast to shoot now, feel its better balanced without that faux suppressor
View Quote

Did you use the 416 pistol barrel or have your barrel cut down?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a How-To if you want to check it out: How-To SBR Walther made H&K MP5A5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top