Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2014 2:05:13 AM EDT
What would be a good optics choice for a UMP? I am leaning towards a z-point but i am having trouble finding one for a good price. What are you guys running and do you have any input on what optics work good or bad on a UMP?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Burris Fastfire III on mine.  I love it

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:35:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd use an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Vortex SPARC 2. Love it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The UMP suffers from the same problem as the MP5 with optics. The fully shrouded front sight makes the sight picture through a red dot very crowded IMO. The options really are either to get an aimpoint with the lowest mount possible and cowitness or go beowulfx style with an Eotech. Lots of people chop the top of the front sight off to solve this problem.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The UMP suffers from the same problem as the MP5 with optics. The fully shrouded front sight makes the sight picture through a red dot very crowded IMO. The options really are either to get an aimpoint with the lowest mount possible and cowitness or go beowulfx style with an Eotech. Lots of people chop the top of the front sight off to solve this problem.
View Quote

did this to both my UMP and MP5

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same here.  I have a Micro RDS, an Optima 2000 actually.  The other wears an Aimpoint T1.  Both run great.  The T1 allows the use of iron sights where the Optima does not.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
There are almost no red dots that will allow co-witness on an UMP, except the Aimpoint micro and some of the clones like the Bushnell TRS-25.  I like knowing that if the dot fails, I can still see the irons without having to remove the dot.

Even the mini reflex sights like the Burris Fastfire sit too high to co-witness.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top