Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2014 9:04:41 AM EDT
I'm looking at a Vector Arms V 93 .223 rifle.  I get the difference for the most part between HK and HK clones.  As far as clones go these look good and I haven't really read any terrible reviews.  They also have a good warranty.  Anyone here with any experience?  Also do they have chrome lined barrels?  If not is that a deal breaker for you guys?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I own one. I bought it from Atlantic Firearms back in 2010. I have heard their quality can vary, so if you could inspect the actual rifle you're going to purchase, that'd be the way to do it. Other than adding rollers, to fix bolt gap, and a HK93 style stock, instead of the MP5 style it came with- I haven't done anything to it, and it shoots just fine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK barrels are not chrome-lined.

View Quote

non of them are?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I gather on the web and not personal experience using hundreds of  Vector guns the quality is hit or miss.  Many people love them and have HK quality rifles and many people have horror stories.
Vector has been around many years and produced many rifles so a few bad apples are going to be expected, especially roller lock guns because they have to be put together with near perfect tolerances to run good.
As with any firearm , if possible seeing the gun and even shooting it in person before the purchase could save a lot of headaches.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you about handling and best case shooting before buying.  I was looking to buy one from Atlantic Firearms, I've read good things about them and their customer service.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I agree with you about handling and best case shooting before buying.  I was looking to buy one from Atlantic Firearms, I've read good things about them and their customer service.
View Quote

Anything I have purchased from them came quickly without problems.  The customer service seems to be great and they take the time to post new products and info here on AR15.com along with actually answering questions.  That alone tells a lot .
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Folks the team @ Atlantic are all gun owners & shooters not just somebody selling something for money , We know what is it like to be excited about the new gun arriving only  for it not to go bang  & try to make sure that let down is not further impacted by problems with getting the situation rectified .If you buy a gun  it should run correctly right out of the box , if not we will will make it right , pay shipping  , exchange  , refund or what ever it takes to get you up & running as quickly as possible . Please note is always best to check the gun and test fire as soon as it arrives leaving it sit around for weeks or months then turns into a factory warranty issue.
View Quote

I've only read good things about you guys.  I appreciate that you check out what we're talking about and take time to respond.  Just so you know, I wasn't questioning Atlantic Firearms, I was questioning the quality and reliability of Vector Arms V93 rifle.  I understand that you guys carry it and like I said I appreciate you re-enforcing your strong commitment to the shooter and consumer.  It is definitely refreshing to hear of a company like yours in this day and age of crappy customer service and once it's bought it's not our problem dealers.  I think they're are too many gun dealers and manufacturers today that slap stuff together or back a product that is less than quality, again not you guys as far as I've heard.  Once I get the funds together to purchase one of these rifles I will definitely give you guys my business and again, thanks for chiming in- truly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The first thing I would do is remove the dust cover and see if the cocking tube is centered withing the triple-frame.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
My 2013 V93 runs like a champ!

The one in the middle.

HDH
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Folks the team @ Atlantic are all gun owners & shooters not just somebody selling something for money , We know what is it like to be excited about the new gun arriving only  for it not to go bang  & try to make sure that let down is not further impacted by problems with getting the situation rectified .If you buy a gun  it should run correctly right out of the box , if not we will will make it right , pay shipping  , exchange  , refund or what ever it takes to get you up & running as quickly as possible . Please note is always best to check the gun and test fire as soon as it arrives leaving it sit around for weeks or months then turns into a factory warranty issue.
View Quote

DAMN IT!

It's customer service like this that makes me want to spend more money and buy another gun from you guys. ( All of the ones I've bought from you guys so far run flawlessly)
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

DAMN IT!

It's customer service like this that makes me want to spend more money and buy another gun from you guys. ( All of the ones I've bought from you guys so far run flawlessly)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DAMN IT!

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm looking at a Vector Arms V 93 .223 rifle.  I get the difference for the most part between HK and HK clones.  As far as clones go these look good and I haven't really read any terrible reviews.  They also have a good warranty.  Anyone here with any experience?  Also do they have chrome lined barrels?  If not is that a deal breaker for you guys?  Thanks
View Quote

FYI

I belive the twist rate in the vector 93 are 1:12
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Atlantic is a good place to buy from, but I would stay away from Vector. I bought a V93, returned it because it had a bent barrel and Vector sent me a replacement. The replacement would not run, bolt gap was high (in the mid .030s). I spoke with the manager and he kept insisting it was in spec and that HK spec was up in .040's. Vector in the end didn't make it right, wouldn't honor their own warranty/return policy and I got sick of dealing with them. I kick myself in the ass for spending the extra coin on the V93 and not going with the Century.

In the end I ended up selling the rifle with disclosure of the issues at a $650 loss. I couldn't look at the rifle without getting pissed. The kicker is the next day after I sold it I got an email from Atlantic stating they would take the rifle back and refund the money. To bad that email was in my junk mail folder...
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Atlantic is a good place to buy from, but I would stay away from Vector. I bought a V93, returned it because it had a bent barrel and Vector sent me a replacement. The replacement would not run, bolt gap was high (in the mid .030s). I spoke with the manager and he kept insisting it was in spec and that HK spec was up in .040's. Vector in the end didn't make it right, wouldn't honor their own warranty/return policy and I got sick of dealing with them. I kick myself in the ass for spending the extra coin on the V93 and not going with the Century.

In the end I ended up selling the rifle with disclosure of the issues at a $650 loss. I couldn't look at the rifle without getting pissed. The kicker is the next day after I sold it I got an email from Atlantic stating they would take the rifle back and refund the money. To bad that email was in my junk mail folder...
View Quote

I get what you're saying but without Atlantic having a shot to make the rifle right it's kind of hard to bash the V93.  Unfortunately anyone who's been dealing with firearms long enough knows that sometimes brand new guns don't work right.  It's frustrating as hell but it happens.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
HK barrels are not chrome-lined.

non of them are?

Nope.

Are the chambers on HK's chrome lined?  How about on the V93?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I get what you're saying but without Atlantic having a shot to make the rifle right it's kind of hard to bash the V93.  Unfortunately anyone who's been dealing with firearms long enough knows that sometimes brand new guns don't work right.  It's frustrating as hell but it happens.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are going to gamble on a Vector then Atlantic would be a safer bet, since they will make it right. I was just letting you know my issues with Vector, and I hold no grudge against Atlantic. It is not their fault Vector is a pos.

Also I can understand a mistake, but a bent barrel, with a QC tag hanging off of it and then the replacement rifle not working tells me they have no QC or clue at all. Add to it that Vector wouldn't make it right with a return/refund just tops it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Have a vector v93, v53, v51, v89/40, and a vector uzi.  No issues with the HK clones - they are some of my favorite guns in my collection.  Did have an issue with the Uzi right out of the box.  I was very pleased with Vector's customer service and have had no issues since.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

This is the kind of stuff I like to hear!  Remind me to buy something from you guys this year!!!!

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Vector has evolved for the better.  I can' t remember where I read this but I did.  

The went from building great guns to a slump of several years.   Now, they have replaced a lot of staff and are back to building great guns again.

I have a v53 that I sbr'ed and the gun is 100% flat out excellent.  It's just crazy awesome in every regard.  I clean it maybe once in a thousand rounds.   The only minor complaint I have is that it was swimming in lithium grease when it arrived.  Also, it does NOT work with the cheap promags.  Only the aluminum mags and the polymer MKE mags run.  

Mine was one of the newer guns built, and I also bought it through Atlantic.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#24]
If it says Vector on it and it works, count your blessings. They screwed me on a new V53 SBR and would not fix the gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If it says Vector on it and it works, count your blessings. They screwed me on a new V53 SBR and would not fix the gun.
View Quote

Can you give us some more detail? I'm thinking of buying a V93 and I'd like as much background as I can get on Vector. Was it before or after the "troubled times" everyone refers to?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Can you give us some more detail? I'm thinking of buying a V93 and I'd like as much background as I can get on Vector. Was it before or after the "troubled times" everyone refers to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own two V93's. Both work great. I've fired plenty of rounds through them to trust them well enough in case the zombie invasion ever arrives or the Dindu's try and attack my property, blah blah blah. Both the metal German mags and the plastic Promags work well in both of my rifles.

Vector treated me right on the warranty work they had to do for me.

If you have hesitations, I dont blame you.  Buy from Atlantic and minimize your fears. Or, spend double the amount and have a legit builder build one for you.

EDIT: I'm the man on the Silver Mountain!!!!  (first post on page two)
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not the person you asked this to, but my pos V93 was purchased in April of 2014.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I am not the person you asked this to, but my pos V93 was purchased in April of 2014.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm just as interested in your experience. Lay it out for me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#29]
9 posts above yours on page 1 I talked about my experience with the v93. If you want anymore info feel free to IM me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I bought a Vector V53 SBR a few years back. I'd have to go dig out my Form-4 for the exact date. However.....it looked good when I finally got it. Took it to the range to get it dialed in and sighted. I centered the sights as a starting point and tried a few shots at a 100 yard target. I was WAY off target. I set up a target at 25 yards and tried again. Hits were nowhere near the target. It was shooting to the far left. I adjusted the rear sight all the way to the right and was still six feet off target at 25 yards.

I looked at the front sight and it was canted to one side and not centered. I called Vector and they took my complaint and said that it was under warranty and they would take care of it. I sent it to them and got it back three weeks later. The front sling ring was now bent and a note inside the box said the sight had been "tweeked" and was now within spec. I looked at the sight again and it still looked canted. Another trip to the range, same results. WAY off target.

I contacted Vector again and all they said was that they would take my name and number and call me back. Two days later, I called the, back and got the same runaround. Another call, same results.

They never called back and I still have the same defective rifle in my safe.

Edit......Dug out the Form-4. It was 2008
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a V51 from 'old' Vector... same deal.  Crooked cocking tube, crooked sights.  A few trips back and forth, then I paid someone else to mostly fix it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Got rid of two V53's because of barrels that pointed skyward and a friend still has one so that's 3 bad ones that I have had this experience with. The one I currently own is pretty straight but I would not buy one without inspecting it first.

Good luck with fitting German metal capped A2 buttstocks on them too. It appears to me that when rolled & welded these receivers were left a little "fat" in certain areas.

On the positive side they all function and have not broken any welds or other major parts yet. Some of the 53's are (mine included) built on MKE receivers which have round rails since the flats did not undergo the final stamping prior to importation. Not sure if any MKE 93 flats were imported.

For me they are nothing more than a range toy / noise maker / FA host and fill that role nicely.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I will say that I like what the rep from Atlantic Firearms has been saying about taking care of their customers. I've been shopping for an AK recently and I may have to order something from them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#34]
MKE will be importing semi HK33's this year.  You might want to wait on those (I am).

http://zenithfirearms.com/firearms/rifles/z-43-rifle/
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Keep in mind any of the Imported rifles will have to be in a Neutered format because of import restrictions so you may not necessarily like the final rifle models offered .
View Quote

What do you mean?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Keep in mind any of the Imported rifles will have to be in a Neutered format because of import restrictions so you may not necessarily like the final rifle models offered .
View Quote

What do you mean?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What do you mean?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean?

Probably that the pistol versions will be a better buy, and less work to un-neuter?  Between the short x39 Galil Ace Pistol, Scorpion evo, and maybe a 556 HK pistol from MKE my wallet is gonna be hurting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Probably that the pistol versions will be a better buy, and less work to un-neuter?  Between the short x39 Galil Ace Pistol, Scorpion evo, and maybe a 556 HK pistol from MKE my wallet is gonna be hurting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean?

Aight, but what does he/you mean by neutered?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean?

Probably heavily modified to comply with USC 922(r).  Modified magwell to not take normal mags, no muzzle device or threads to attach one, basically it might look as much like an HK9x series rifle as the USC looked like a UMP or an SL8 looked like a G36.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#42]
So I've been thinking of one as a little brother to my PTR-91.  I had just bought a Daewoo K2 off gunbroker but it's going back to the seller since it had a broker gas piston.  Too bad too because I think it would have been a great rifle to have.  Oh well, maybe another time.  In the mean time, that will free up funds for a V93.  I know they were sold out for a while but does anybody have any information on the latest batch Atlantic Firearms got in?  Yes, Atlantic has a reputation that will leave me buying from them alone on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top