Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 6:28:09 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

I just got a MP5K clone and I have been really enjoying it so far.  My only concern is it seems that the rear sight and maybe the receiver is canted/twisted to the right.  In the picture and in person it appears that the top left takedown pin hole is higher on the receiver than the one on the right.  When the pin is installed it appears to slope downwards from left to right.  POA seems to match POI and I was really surprised with the accuracy while firing without a stock.

What do you think?  Is this to be expected or is it a potential issue or am I just seeing things?

Thanks for your help!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's shooting that good, then don't mess with it, but it the canted rear bothers you that much; talk to Parabellum Combat Systems, the smith (Ghilliebear on HKPro) is a miracle worker and I am sure he can fix that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have been really enjoying it so far. POA seems to match POI and I was really surprised with the accuracy while firing without a stock.
View Quote

I fail to see the problem. You enjoy it. Bullets go where you want. Don't look for solutions to problems that don't exist
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
it's an optical illusion you are fine quit obsessing
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi Guys,

I just got a MP5K clone and I have been really enjoying it so far.  My only concern is it seems that the rear sight and maybe the receiver is canted/twisted to the right.  In the picture and in person it appears that the top left takedown pin hole is higher on the receiver than the one on the right.  When the pin is installed it appears to slope downwards from left to right.  POA seems to match POI and I was really surprised with the accuracy while firing without a stock.

What do you think?  Is this to be expected or is it a potential issue or am I just seeing things?

Thanks for your help!

<a href="http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/BigHutch77/media/MP5KRearReceiver2_zps82a8fb5b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii566/BigHutch77/MP5KRearReceiver2_zps82a8fb5b.jpg</a>
View Quote

The rear upper push pin can go on crooked and give the illusion the rear sight base is off.  Those bushings have a small ledge to sit on before welding and can be tricky.  I suggest placing the rear drum in the middle of the sight base.  You can use a set of calipers and measure the distance on both sides and get it in the middle or close as possible.  Place a laser bore sighter into the barrel and see where the front and rear sight is in relation to the red projected dot.  The sequence of when and how parts are installed can affect whether the front and rear sight line up correctly.  Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all of the replies, especially jfk with the build details.  I suspected it was something like that which could be causing an optical illusion.  I know I am being overly concerned but I have had too many AKs with crooked sights over the years.  I did not want the same thing here especially with the cost involved.  I should be able to put it to rest when my Form 1 is approved and I can add a stock.  Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top