Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2014 7:13:41 PM EDT
Is it possible (and legal), to have the small push pin installed on the lower (behind the mag well, for the pistol grip) on MP5 clones that don't have them?
Maybe drill a hole for the pin and still have the block?

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The front push pin hole is what defines an HK receiver as a "Machine gun".
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Then why is it on the POF-5?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been wondering that too.

The POF 5 has a tab welded into the receiver to prevent a full auto carrier from being installed and it still has a ledge preventing a full auto trigger box from being installed and a lower will still need to be modified to fit the semi auto ledge on the POF 5, however it looks like a simple job with a file compared to a proper clip and pin job.

I have a feeling a weapon such as the POF 5 can not be used as a sear host since removing the carrier block would probably make it a machine gun even though a registered pack would fit without altering the semi auto shelf.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it possible (and legal), to have the small push pin installed on the lower (behind the mag well, for the pistol grip) on MP5 clones that don't have them?
Maybe drill a hole for the pin and still have the block?

View Quote

If you are trying to get the push pin look, get a clipped and pinned lower. All the looks of a push pin without the jail time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
So regarding the POF 5, can I install a pictogram plastic housing in place of the metal housing that comes with it?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So regarding the POF 5, can I install a pictogram plastic housing in place of the metal housing that comes with it?

View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Do i need a different trigger pack or can i use the one that comes with the POF?  

To keep everything legal for a semi-auto what do i need to put a picto lower on it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
The pictogram trigger pack is different.  You can use a more modern plastic S-E-F housing with the POF trigger pack, though.  You just need to open the rectangular hole on the front of it by the front pin to fit over the shelf on the POF receiver.  It takes around 5 minutes with a file.  Easy.  The ambi pictogram housings fit, too, but you need both the housing and trigger pack.  My POF5 has an FBI S-F pictogram lower on it and it works great.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
So in order to use a picto housing what trigger assembly do i need for the POF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top