Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2014 6:18:09 PM EDT

what optics would work with an mp5 clone.

i either want qd mounted or the ability to co-witness with the factory irons.

any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
B&T 10266 low profile mount

Plus

Aimpoint Low Wide Rings 12243

Results in cowitness with iron sights.  No QD though.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Botach mount and a Bushnell TRS-25 and it is a perfect co-witness.   The combo is not much over $100.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
There is apparently a QD ring that is low enough to co witness with the 10266. Never seen it in real life, and I remember the price was near $200.

I just did the 10266 mount and a low aimpoint ring. Great setup
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
A cheap 20.00 weaver mount with a PA Microdot, gets you a cowitness and under 100.00.  The first pic is looking over the rear sight and the dot is in the area of the top of the front sight tree (my prefered sight pictiure).  If you lower your head and look through the rear sight, its a cowitness..

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with the BT 10266 mount and a T1.

The red Dot sits right at the top of the front sight post when looking through the rear sight.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an Aimpoint micro in a B&T 10266 mount. It cowitnesses with irons.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A cheap 20.00 weaver mount with a PA Microdot, gets you a cowitness and under 100.00.  The first pic is looking over the rear sight and the dot is in the area of the top of the front sight tree (my prefered sight pictiure).  If you lower your head and look through the rear sight, its a cowitness..
>
View Quote

This is what I've been using the last two years. Works well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't co-witnessing be highly undesirable with diopter + hooded iron sights?  I haven't put optics on my DJ Getz clone yet, but I can't imagine what the point of spending money just to cowitness and have the same restrictive view as the irons compared to the large open view I have with my EOTech on my AR15 (with folding irons, of course).
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wouldn't co-witnessing be highly undesirable with diopter + hooded iron sights?  I haven't put optics on my DJ Getz clone yet, but I can't imagine what the point of spending money just to cowitness and have the same restrictive view as the irons compared to the large open view I have with my EOTech on my AR15 (with folding irons, of course).
View Quote

I tried cowitness height with the RDS on mine and it's indeed too cluttered for me.  So I put a higher mount on and prefer it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I tried cowitness height with the RDS on mine and it's indeed too cluttered for me.  So I put a higher mount on and prefer it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a T1 in a Larue HK height mount. I agree on using the cowitness mount. Too much going on for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top