Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2014 7:32:39 PM EDT
I sent my PTR 91 GI off to have a bolt gap issue addressed.

I was wondering if any of you have sent a rifle in for warranty work and had extra work or changes made while it was there?

I am thinking I would like to have a K length barrel installed.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What model do you have and when did you buy it? And what are your bolt gap issues?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a 91 GI the gap shrunk to .005 in about 4-500 rnds. PTR already has the rifle and I have called them to ask about the barrel swap and haven't gotten a call back yet.

I got the rifle right after the GI's were released, the serial # is GI 00XX.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Notified that my rifle is repaired and on the way back today!

No indication of what the actual problem was.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you mind telling us when you sent it in? I have a rifle there now for service and I'm wondering when to expect it to be finished.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I think they received the rifle on 10/28, pretty good turn around.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#6]
My rifle has been there about a month now with no word on its status.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I spoke with a guy named Chris, They were willing to have my rifle returned and fit a K barrel. However the cost was more than I was willing to pay so My rifle will be here Thursday! I may have to make a range trip on friday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Rifle in hands as of Monday 11-17-14. Looks like they replaced the Bolt head and possibly the locking piece. They also replaced the lower receiver, Before I sent it in there was play and I could move it forward and back while the stock was in place. All that movement is gone. Bolt gap is a Loose .017

Going to shoot it after work this morning and see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Expecting UPS to deliver mine Wednesday. Only problem is I sent it from my work address and we are closed after Tuesday for the holidays. I'm going to talk to my UPS guy and see if he will call me Wednesday when he is headed toward my office so I can meet him. He is a good dude and his since his boss is one of my old buds I bet I can get it worked out.

Otherwise It ill just have to wait till next week.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you get an email from UPS, I think you can go on and change the delivery location/date.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked it up at the UPS dock today. It looks great and seems to uncock much easier than before. Might have time to shoot it this weekend. All fingers crossed till then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top