Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2014 12:16:56 PM EDT
Anyone do the 16" barrel to SBR barrel swap? If so do you have instructions or tips on how to do it?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone do the 16" barrel to SBR barrel swap? If so do you have instructions or tips on how to do it?
View Quote

Are you talking about the .22? If so,
1. field strip it down
2. Disasemble the bolt group. Start by taking out the Allen head bolt holding in the recoil spring.
3. Remove  the screws, if I remember in think it was 6.
4. Remove the covering but be careful not to lose any of the small parts.
5. Remove barrel, it will come right out.
6. I removed the pin holding bolt hold open latch to release the tension on the spring.
7. Replace new barrel. Replace spring and pin back in bolt hold open latch.
8. Put everything back together and your finished. I also put on some locktite on the screws.
Hope this was what you were looking for. It really wasn't hard. Just mind the small parts..

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
yes the umarex .22 thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been trying Umarex for a 416 pistol barrel since June with no luck. I finally got tired of waiting and sent my barrel in to Mark @ TROSUSA this week to cut and thread. Cost with return shipping was a lot cheaper than the 416 barrel. I should have it back by the end of November.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been trying Umarex for a 416 pistol barrel since June with no luck. I finally got tired of waiting and sent my barrel in to Mark @ TROSUSA this week to cut and thread. Cost with return shipping was a lot cheaper than the 416 barrel. I should have it back by the end of November.
View Quote

Sweet, I'm going to go this route as well.  Been waiting longer than that for a barrel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got off of the phone with Umarex. The HK416 Pistol Barrels are IN STOCK  

HK416 .22LR pistol barrel --- part #576.52.02   ----   479-646-4210
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just got off of the phone with Umarex. The HK416 Pistol Barrels are IN STOCK  

HK416 .22LR pistol barrel --- part #576.52.02   ----   479-646-4210
View Quote

lol and I'm still waiting for my barrel back from Mark. Just spoke with him the other day, was told by years end. I'll throw up a how-to once my barrel comes back for anyone else interested.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought an MP5 A5.

Just to clarify... The 416 pistol barrel will swap out with the MP5 16b barrel?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just bought an MP5 A5.

Just to clarify... The 416 pistol barrel will swap out with the MP5 16b barrel?
View Quote

Barrel will swap out, you will need to cut and bore the barrel sleeve. I'll post a how-to as soon as my barrel comes back.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome! Thanks.  I'll get my barrel ordered.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI...  

Ordered the barrel on Monday the 29th and got it Wednesday the 31st.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FYI...  

View Quote

Do you have pics? How easy was the swap?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI...  

My barrel came in today, I'll post a how-to on the swap this weekend. Its not terribly hard, Walther includes most of the tools. Hardest part will be cutting down and boring out the barrel sleeve. You need to remove the cocking tube from the front sight, this requires either a very long handle 2mm allen. I didn't have one, I was able to use a Torx bit with several extensions to remove this screw. Once you get this screw out you can remove the cocking tube and barrel sleeve. I'll get pics up of the process this weekend and my measurements, yours may be different depending on which M8x0.75->1/2 x 28 thread adapter you choose to use.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Working on the how-to now

Heres my How-To: How-To SBR Walther made H&K MP5
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Good write up. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#15]

That's awesome. Thanks!

Does the end of the barrel sleeve tube come even with the end of the faux 3-lug adapter in your setup? I'm wanting to do the same thing you have, but I'd like to run the HK adapter so that I get more of the MP5 Navy look with the suppressor threads right at the end of the faux 3-lug.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's awesome. Thanks!

Does the end of the barrel sleeve tube come even with the end of the faux 3-lug adapter in your setup? I'm wanting to do the same thing you have, but I'd like to run the HK adapter so that I get more of the MP5 Navy look with the suppressor threads right at the end of the faux 3-lug.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's awesome. Thanks!

my barrel sleeve sticks out .036" past the faux 3-lug. You could probably find an o-ring to sandwich between the 3-lug and thread adapter keep it all nice and tight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#17]
So I received an email from Mark at TROS today that he doesn't do the barrel cut and threading anymore on the Umarex.  Is there anybody else doing this work, I contacted Adco but no word yet, and it looks like the 416 pistol barrel route is pretty expensive.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So I received an email from Mark at TROS today that he doesn't do the barrel cut and threading anymore on the Umarex.  Is there anybody else doing this work, I contacted Adco but no word yet, and it looks like the 416 pistol barrel route is pretty expensive.  
View Quote

Cannot recommend anyone off the top of my head but if Umarex has the barrels in stock I'd just pick one up and throw your stock barrel and faux suppressor up for someone that purchased the SD and wants to convert to the A5 config..
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I should have updated the thread but that's what I ended up doing.  It was $125.00 shipped.  I had also contacted Adco but they won't do that work either.  Does anybody know if that 416 barrel is threaded?  I completely forgot to ask while I was on the phone with Umarex.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, the 416 barrel is threaded
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I should have updated the thread but that's what I ended up doing.  It was $125.00 shipped.  I had also contacted Adco but they won't do that work either.  Does anybody know if that 416 barrel is threaded?  I completely forgot to ask while I was on the phone with Umarex.
View Quote

Yup, threaded M8x0.75 (same as a Walther P22). You'll need an adapter if you want to run a can.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell yeah, that's the plan.  just shooting this rifle a little bit I have to admit that I'm a big fan and it's going to get a hell of a lot better as a suppressed SBR.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top