Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Does POF currently make a rifle chambered in 223? I just can't see them paying for the equipment and tooling to gear up for a 33-type rifle just for the American market. I really doubt they'd be able to sell enough to us to make it worth the cost and effort.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to place my order for a POF MP5 pistol this week. Yet, if the quality is still questionable should I wait until next year?
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does POF currently make a rifle chambered in 223? I just can't see them paying for the equipment and tooling to gear up for a 33-type rifle just for the American market. I really doubt they'd be able to sell enough to us to make it worth the cost and effort.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

They do not list one on their website:

http://www.pof.gov.pk/
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We have several new Roller lock style offerings in the planning or early production stages now .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We have several new Roller lock style offerings in the planning or early production stages now .

It would have be nice to buy a POF-5 (or any) full size MP5 clone before the end of the year........

We are sorry but we are temporarily sold out of the (POF-5 9mm Semi Auto Pistol , Pakistan Ordnance Factories ( POF )). Due to a high volume of sales our inventory is always changing & we are working hard to restock the item. Please submit your email address and we will be glad to notify you once more arrive.

I summited my email twice and have yet received any info....

Oh well, there's always UZI's.........
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It would have be nice to buy a POF-5 (or any) full size MP5 clone before the end of the year........

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are sorry but we are temporarily sold out of the (POF-5 9mm Semi Auto Pistol , Pakistan Ordnance Factories ( POF )). Due to a high volume of sales our inventory is always changing & we are working hard to restock the item. Please submit your email address and we will be glad to notify you once more arrive.

The Turkish MKE pistols are supposed to be ready in Dec.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to see an HK G41 clone

Quoted:
I would LOVE to see someone make a HK34 style clone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wtwining , we have a Very long list of people signed up to be notified on  the POF , when we get a shipment in we start working down the list in the order that  people signed up . If we receive 500 pistols for retail sales and there is 1800 customers signed up we do not notify all 1800 people . At this time we are now expecting more in mid to late Dec but as with any imports this can be unpredictable.

Once the MKE pistols start to arrive in the US we will also be offering that product line and are excited to add them to our product line up !!
View Quote

Yeah, I can understand not being able to notify everyone on the list, sorry if I came off as an asshole, I just get frustrated waiting.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Dec. or the MKE pistol's.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
deleted
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
wtwining , we have a Very long list of people signed up to be notified on  the POF , when we get a shipment in we start working down the list in the order that  people signed up . If we receive 500 pistols for retail sales and there is 1800 customers signed up we do not notify all 1800 people . At this time we are now expecting more in mid to late Dec but as with any imports this can be unpredictable.

Once the MKE pistols start to arrive in the US we will also be offering that product line and are excited to add them to our product line up !!
View Quote

Sweet, but what about the HK93 and other type rifles?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We believe that the 93 style guns will be offered by our friends importing the MKE line of roller lock guns . There will be no 223 by POF that we are aware of .
View Quote

Do you know when they will be importing them?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't help but wonder what the introduction of the Sig MPX will have on POF sales?  That MPX sure looks sweet! The Modularity of multiple calibers puts it into another league as far as overall usefulness.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#15]
While I have seen the cz skorpion pass tests in south asia both the cz and the sig do not have the track record of the mp5, while maybe only due to age; ether way the mp5 is proven
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
While I have seen the cz skorpion pass tests in south asia both the cz and the sig do not have the track record of the mp5, while maybe only due to age; ether way the mp5 is proven
View Quote

I've placed an order for a new Scorpion. I'll use it alongside my MP5 because they're different guns. The MP5 is iconic and nothing can ever truly replace it for people who love the MP5 but that doesn't mean things can't stand alongside it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Distributors are listing the cz at 895 msrp dealer is less of course, its great gun but make no mistake the roller lock mp5 has real advantages
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The $1k number was tossed out there based on what I've seen the clones go for.

Sure, I'd rather it be lower.  I'd like to own one.  I just can't bring myself to pay $1500 for a stamped sheet metal 9mm pistol clone.
View Quote

Right now the POF "clone" guns are selling out every shipment within hours, or at most a day, at the $1500 price point. There is no reason to reduce the price point.

Expect the same with MKE, unfortunately. The market is happy with $1500 HK clone pistols, built on HK contract tooling, with the "proper" flapper magazine releases.

Point being, you're going to be waiting a long time for that 1k price point, you may want to look into the CZ Scorpion pistol which is below 1k MSRP, with $20 magazines direct from CZ.

Heck, the CZ could be the gun to force pricing down on the HK clones.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Right now the POF "clone" guns are selling out every shipment within hours, or at most a day, at the $1500 price point. There is no reason to reduce the price point.
View Quote

POFs aren't clones and they''re the closest thing to a real MP5 we're ever likely to get, short of pre-86 NFA $HK,000 imports.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd really like to see a G41 clone. I think it would sell fairly well, because in that it uses AR mags, you get around the problem of available mags that the hk93/33 clones have. Variety is a wonderful thing, and I really hope we continue to see more options available. ARs are cool, but I like more flavors than just vanilla.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#23]
How do you say "do want" in Urdu?

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd really like to see a G41 clone. I think it would sell fairly well, because in that it uses AR mags, you get around the problem of available mags that the hk93/33 clones have. Variety is a wonderful thing, and I really hope we continue to see more options available. ARs are cool, but I like more flavors than just vanilla.
View Quote

I spoke to Zenith/MKE about that, and they told me that it was not something they were planning on in the short term, but, long term it was.

Moore Advanced Dymanics makes an HK33 style rifle that accepts AR mags.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Are your AA MP5 models staying in stock or is the same problem/wait as the POF MP5s?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What about producing and modernizing the G41?

I'm not aware of a clone of it. It would be a niche not easily filled by custom makers.
View Quote

That's the ticket!! A "Roller Lock" system that take M16/AR-15 magazines!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Tell the colonel we need a beltfed MP5.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#29]
HK93 series magazines in 30 rounders and more MP5 magazines at a reasonable price.  

The POF MP5 mags are quite excellent IMHO.

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#30]
MP5 clone

POF PK-09 - 9 mm calibre pistol

please start importing POF bulk ammo

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top