Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2014 8:38:54 PM EDT
I'm trying to get an A3 collapsible stock for my V-51P SBR. Vector doesn't sell them, and won't convert one.

HKparts.net only has them for the PTR-PDW. They sell a backplate for a V-51P that says you can put a custom A3 stock on it. I'm at a loss as to what I need to do to turn the backplate into an A3 stock.

Backplate HKparts.net
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for this one also. Would like to SBR my V51.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The short answer is, you can't.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm at a loss as to what I need to do to turn the backplate into an A3 stock.

The short answer is, you can't.

Then why do they state this:

This backplate will work on any fixed stock option or can be modified to be used on custom stock options such as the A3 stocks, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There was somebody other than Vector that was doing the older A3 style collapsible stocks.  I have one of the Vector collapsibles in a parts box somewhere. I am drawing a blank as to who else was doing that.  Voelmer?

From Hkparts.net:

PTR PDW Retractable Stock German/US
Each stock was converted by using a factory HK German A3 retractable stock. That was then professionally converted into a custom fitted PTR PDW stock with the correct length collapsing recoil assembly. Hand selected and the best quality stock available. The PTR PDW A3 stock is only available from HK Parts

Fits All PTR PDW Models:

•PTR PDW .308
•PTR PDW 7.62 X 39

Will Fit The PTR PDW Models & In Spec HK51, PTR PDW Recoil Rod Style builds. Will NOT Fit The Vector V51 Firearms.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they were talking about an AR telescoping stock.  Isn't that referred to as an "A3" stock from time to time?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Did vector use an odd sized recoil assembly? Im no expert by any means, I have a PTR91 PDW that I installed a ACE adapter on with a side folding Sig Brace on. I would think that theres only so many combos or backplates/recoil assemblies and in theory you'd be able to find one or make it yourself from parts, that would accomodate what you're wanting.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:50:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I rmemember awhile ago their was guy over on HKPro.com that made the recoil rods for them and he offered his service. You might want to ask over there. If not I've see n those A3 V51 pop up on gunbroker every now and then. Their is one currently on there now but its kinda pricy.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=447781915

I've seen them for @$250 or so on other auctions so you might want to keep an eye out. Also check Sturm I've seen them for sale over there too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I rmemember awhile ago their was guy over on HKPro.com that made the recoil rods for them and he offered his service. You might want to ask over there. If not I've see n those A3 V51 pop up on gunbroker every now and then. Their is one currently on there now but its kinda pricy.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=447781915

I've seen them for @$250 or so on other auctions so you might want to keep an eye out. Also check Sturm I've seen them for sale over there too.
View Quote

Pretty sure its Jeff Walters / GhillieBear2000, of Parabelum Combat Systems.  He rewelds the correct recoil rod to the A3 stock..  http://prusikusa.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top