Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 12:30:42 PM EDT
Trying to reassemble my newly bought (used) and cleaned PTR91.

The bolt will not go in!

The rollers just keep hitting the indent in the receiver and its too wide to fit back in. This leaving me perplexed because it was fully assembled and working.

Videos on YouTube show it just slide right in with no problem.

I thinking maybe the rollers are supposed to move inward, but heyre not.

Any help?!!?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a pretty good video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzi1t5i95CQ

Will show you how to get the bolt head back into position.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap this is one complex weapon system!

Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If the rollers are out, insert the BCG backwards and just jam it into the receiver.  That will pop the rollers back in.  It will not damage your firearm.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the rollers are out, insert the BCG backwards and just jam it into the receiver.  That will pop the rollers back in.  It will not damage your firearm.
View Quote

+1

This is the way the Germans do it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have popped the rollers in my MM23E back into the head by using a Quick Grip rubber clad clamp.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Holy crap this is one complex weapon system!

Thank you!
View Quote

Not at all...just new to you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]
We all knew what it was before we clicked the thread

Glad you are all squared away now OP.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure this is the method I've used EVERY time I've reassembled my gun lol
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hrmmm.... never knew that could be done.

Neat.
Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Try holding the BCG with the tips of your fingers on the end of the retainer and squeeze when installing the bolt, you won't get the thing all the way compressed but take off enough tension that the bolt goes in a lot easier,
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yup.  BTDT and got that sick feeling in the stomach that something was broken REALLY badly!  

Then I found out how to rotate the bolt head 90*, pull it out adn rotate is back 90* unlocking the rollers which IMO is as fast as reversing the carrier and less damaging to the receiver.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We all knew what it was before we clicked the thread

Glad you are all squared away now OP.
Yup.  BTDT and got that sick feeling in the stomach that something was broken REALLY badly!  

Then I found out how to rotate the bolt head 90*, pull it out adn rotate is back 90* unlocking the rollers which IMO is as fast as reversing the carrier and less damaging to the receiver.

^^THIS!! Good lord, slamming the bold backwards into your receiver? Just twist the bolt and pull forward, it takes 2 seconds and there isn't any probablitly of even the slightest damage, jeez.

William
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top