Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 3:09:06 PM EDT
I have a POF MP5 with an AA5-PSB MP5 Style Pistol Arm Brace. I need some way to attach a sling to the rear (shoulder) stock. Would an AR15 end cap sling adapter work?
There is also threads on the folding adapter(see image below). What sling attachment would work for these threads on the folding adapter?

I love this set up and the POF runs flawlessly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a POF MP5 with an AA5-PSB MP5 Style Pistol Arm Brace. I need some way to attach a sling to the rear (shoulder) stock. Would an AR15 end cap sling adapter work?
There is also threads on the folding adapter(see image below). What sling attachment would work for these threads on the folding adapter?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWs6CP4aPHO024sfRX06UHa5T3pVMbv3i7Zu-Re6TAvNvIT7hwAQ

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ847uJvL8NreW--kV6Ba34YmcpSGlx32jRrQft7rNqDEB-ZLT8

I love this set up and the POF runs flawlessly.
View Quote

I cant see it well enough in the pics-
Is it the standard AR SIG brace/tube?   Castle nut?   Should be able to put on a rear sling plate..

Eta- ok, I see, the round part of the receiver extension sticks out..ok problematic.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You could theoretically throw one in there at any of the tube connection area's, but none of them seem to be overly sturdy, so I would be nervous about losing strength since it was clearly not designed for it. There is just not enough threading on any part for me to lose that much to attach a sling point. YMMV.

What I did was actually build a setup myself using the Sig Brace(I like it a lot more than the Century version that AA uses), this stock setup, and this end plate. In the end it was a bit cheaper(particularly if you can resell the stock you won't be using) and it comes with the two point sling attachment with the stock set. I had a folding adapter as well, but found it added too much length to the gun to keep it on there. My MP5 cloe should not have a longer LoP than my SCAR with the stock fully extended.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I was saving up for a POF-5 and arm brace until I had to use my money for unexpected bills

I had looked into mounting a sling swivel on the arm brace and came up with these options.  I had already decided NOT to add the folding mechanism for the arm brace, so if you want to keep the folding option, these may not work.

1)  A rear push pin with a loop to attach a sling hook is available.  One of the MP-5 parts suppliers has them for sale, but I can't remember which one off the top of my head.

2)  Drill & tap a hole in the brace adapter end cap where the H&K sling loop would normally be located and add a screw on sling swivel.  You might be able to reuse the one that came with the POF-5.

3)  Weld a loop similar to the H&K style loop onto the side of the brace adapter end cap and refinish the cap.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I found out that the AR15 end cap sling adapters will not work as they are the wrong size to fit the arm brace. I do have the folding stock adapter. The folding stock adapter has 10 X 32 threads. What type of 10 x 32 thread sling stud or sling attachment would work good?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top