Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2014 2:32:27 AM EDT
PTR is a good company but honestly I really want something from another country (MKE, POF, etc)

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Grab a parts kit and have someone build a high quality G# exactly how you want it. HKparts.net has a pretty decent price on kits with RCM barrels and you would have German parts. I never trusted PTRs trunnion or any US made trunnion for that matter.

I would like to see MKE stuff though, I would like a good source for inexpensive HK33 mags. POF MP5 mags so far have proven to be as reliable as German ones as well which is pretty awesome at $30 each.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grab a parts kit and have someone build a high quality G# exactly how you want it. HKparts.net has a pretty decent price on kits with RCM barrels and you would have German parts. I never trusted PTRs trunnion or any US made trunnion for that matter.

I would like to see MKE stuff though, I would like a good source for inexpensive HK33 mags. POF MP5 mags so far have proven to be as reliable as German ones as well which is pretty awesome at $30 each.
View Quote

Mike at Zenith/MKE said that he is going to be bringing in HK33 mags enough to flood the market. Also he hopes to have the rifles and pistols here by December. I imagine that they will bring in MP5 mags as well, their polymer MP5 mags rock. (I am in no way affiliated with Zenith/MKE)
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Love my Indep G3 rifle.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

What the average cost to have a parts kit put together by someone competent?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time I spoke to Arizona Responce Systems they wanted around $1000 to assemble and finish a G3 kit on a PTR reciever.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I gots me a Port G3.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a new to me HK91 on its way to my LGS
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
If your not in a Hurry........... Search and Shop around for an SAR3/8 Greek made with the Stamped Receiver. They can still be found for $1100.00/$1200.00 or maybe even cheaper.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I use Gerard Miller, if he has to roll a flat his build cost is usually $1000 I think.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mike at Zenith/MKE said that he is going to be bringing in HK33 mags enough to flood the market. Also he hopes to have the rifles and pistols here by December. I imagine that they will bring in MP5 mags as well, their polymer MP5 mags rock. (I am in no way affiliated with Zenith/MKE)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they make a 20 round version of that magazine?  I have a few of the 30s, and want more, but would love to have some shorter ones for bench shooting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]
As far as I know they only make 30 round mags. They are supposed to be importing both steel and plastic MP5 and HK33 mags.

If you need a 20 round mags for range use Promag makes them, I just can bring my self to buy anything from them. I am still pssed about all the mags I got when I was in highschool that were garbage from them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:42:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If your not in a Hurry........... Search and Shop around for an SAR3/8 Greek made with the Stamped Receiver. They can still be found for $1100.00/$1200.00 or maybe even cheaper.

View Quote
Where?

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Just keep an eye on Gunbroker & Sturm........... I got my SAR8 Greek on Gunbroker for $1200.00 and it is Like New with correct flash hider and A2 HK stock on it just 2 months ago..... Gotta be persistent and look a lot.

Check any local shops in your area also.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just keep an eye on Gunbroker & Sturm........... I got my SAR8 Greek on Gunbroker for $1200.00 and it is Like New with correct flash hider and A2 HK stock on it just 2 months ago..... Gotta be persistent and look a lot.

Check any local shops in your area also.
View Quote

A little off topic but i'd like to know, if you know, how the original owner went about attaching a correct flash hider on your Greek sar8. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Was sent off to ARS and had the HK91K work done, makes it look like a G3k.......... Pretty Cool!
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=264285

FMP G3 for $1300.00 on Sturm
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=264285

FMP G3 for $1300.00 on Sturm
View Quote

That is an outstanding price on a great rifle!
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup, it is

saigamanTX asked in a few posts earlier about where to find a HK91 type rifle, so that is why I posted the link........... He may be looking for one, so I hope he see's it
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I second the Greek SAR8. I picked one up in the EE a few years back. Added 922r parts and had M60joe thread the barrel and add the splines for it to take a standard G3 FH.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Century Arms has another one coming out.  MSRP of 700 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have a link for this info?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm interested as well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Century Arms has another one coming out. MSRP of 700 bucks.

If you have Facebook, its on Century's page.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Cool, just saw it on their page. It's built on a ptr receiver and has a real welded on, just like my a3r.

Interesting...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Century's CETME and G3 rifles were total shit in the past. Hopefully these new ones are better.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Asked Century on Facebook if they were making a non Cetme version, HK91 type rifle. I was told to send them my personal info via a pm, which I did and they responded back saying they had forwarded my info to their customer service department. We'll see what they send me.

Eta:

Here is the email I got from Century;

The C308 is still in prototype stage but what I can tell you is that it will have a Picatinny rail on top of the receiver and a standard 5/8x24 RH thread pattern for the muzzle.
View Quote

Hopefully it'll be a HK91 clone close to a PTR 91. Century's Facebook post did say it will have a PTR receiver...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#27]
This is a tag!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Asked Century on Facebook if they were making a non Cetme version, HK91 type rifle. I was told to send them my personal info via a pm, which I did and they responded back saying they had forwarded my info to their customer service department. We'll see what they send me.

Eta:

Hopefully it'll be a HK91 clone close to a PTR 91. Century's Facebook post did say it will have a PTR receiver...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Eta:

The C308 is still in prototype stage but what I can tell you is that it will have a Picatinny rail on top of the receiver and a standard 5/8x24 RH thread pattern for the muzzle.

Did they give you a time frame? Seriously want!

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#29]
No that's all they said. I'm going to wait and see, if it's an HK91 clone I may get one but not a Cetme I just don't like the sights. I have a PTR 91 A3R that is awesome and I wouldn't mind having another. I paid $900 for my A3R unfired, and only a month old (it's original paperwork had it's manufacture date) with 12 mags. Lately, I see PTR GI's going for more than that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Not rain on anyone's parade, but, I hope Century's quality control has gone WAY up since the last time I bought from them in the 1990's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top