Bitch!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it a 12.5" barrel?        

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the barrels profile? How many flutes? Is the locking piece the proper 50 degree K piece? Any special pricing for hkpro or ar15 members?
I will be purchasing this "pistol" this pistol to replace a junk AW prefix PTR. That is unless you guys have more suprises from Turkey in .308 coming!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Dammit.

This is gonna cost me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it threaded 5/8 x 24?

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it threaded 5/8 x 24?

View Quote

Nope, it is true to the original HK thread pattern of 15mm x 1.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#10]
SOLD !!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome with a capital A!  

PS - Does PTR offer a service to weld a rail like that to my existing rifle (SAR-8) ?   Any shop recommendations for a job like that?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Does that use a standard HK91/G3 bolt carrier and trigger pack?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Awesome with a capital A!  

PS - Does PTR offer a service to weld a rail like that to my existing rifle (SAR-8) ?   Any shop recommendations for a job like that?
View Quote

PTR will weld that rail onto an older rifle of theirs and then refinish it for $280 freight both ways included. I just asked this question last week.

There are lots of shops that will also do this kind of work. Ghilliebear (Jeff Walters) at PCS is one guy who does fantastic work and is super nice and easy to talk to. Go to his forum at HKpro.com and check out his work.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there any dealer near NOVA that would have one of these in stock - I'm interested but I'd really like to handle one first.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Not 100% sure I want a 12" barrel .308, but this is a definite must for someone doing an SBR project.
I need to replace a PTR91 I sold a few years ago, and this is definitely one I will have to consider.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We also offer the shorter version of this the PTR 51P

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/easyblog_shared/ptr51Pbrace.jpg
View Quote

I know that ballisticly that is a bad decision, but WANT.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Atlantic, have you tried any subsonic .308 with the 51P? I have an SBR one that sounds like a .50 cal with standard NATO ball ammo. I want to suppress it with subs rather than ball because I don't want to destroy my can.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Is it the light profile barrel under the handguard? And what does it weigh?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trigger pack should be the same. The joy of the HK  

I'd like to know about the carrier though, as well as the recoil assembly on the g3k. I dislike the work I have to do for recoil assemblies on my vector 51. But the fireballs make it worth it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'd like to know about the carrier though, as well as the recoil assembly on the g3k. I dislike the work I have to do for recoil assemblies on my vector 51. But the fireballs make it worth it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same as G3. Only the 51 style firearms used modified carriers and recoil rod assemblies

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:50:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same as G3. Only the 51 style firearms used modified carriers and recoil rod assemblies

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woo hoo!,

This news pleases me
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got mine recently, just working up a review now..

IMG_0071
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_0066
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice looking PTR. Looks like it at least has their medium contour and not the straight profile barrel that's stupidly heavy. Can you tell if they had to hog the handguard out to fit around the barrel at the pin and bipod mounting areas?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qfQPEU" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8590/15920519116_0a447b4f70_c.jpg</a>
IMG_0071

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/q1yudA" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7465/15758900938_a170d222b3_c.jpg</a>

IMG_0066
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qfQPEU" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8590/15920519116_0a447b4f70_c.jpg</a>
IMG_0071

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/q1yudA" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7465/15758900938_a170d222b3_c.jpg</a>

IMG_0066

Thank you for the pics. Looking forward to the review. I'm almost done saving for one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm almost ready to buy one but the two questions I have are 1) how much does it weigh? and 2) is recoil manageable with the sig brace installed? I'll probably end up SBRing it if I buy one but if the sig brace doesn;t beat up the shoulder too bad I may just set it up in that configuration.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm almost ready to buy one but the two questions I have are 1) how much does it weigh? and 2) is recoil manageable with the sig brace installed? I'll probably end up SBRing it if I buy one but if the sig brace doesn;t beat up the shoulder too bad I may just set it up in that configuration.
View Quote

The recoil is very manageable, the brace is a must until your stamp comes back!  I did shoot it without the brace for a bit, but really wasn't having a good time looking through the sights.  
just seemed awkward, you had to keep it relatively close to your body to control it which made using the sight nearly impossible.  The way to go is the brace or a stock, my preference would be the stock due to the excessive length of pull with the brace.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Which one can use the .22 LR adapter?  The G3K uses the same bolt carrier and recoil spring as a "regular" G3/HK91 correct?  The 51K uses a shorter one?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Which one can use the .22 LR adapter?  The G3K uses the same bolt carrier and recoil spring as a "regular" G3/HK91 correct?  The 51K uses a shorter one?
View Quote

Not sure about .22lr adapters, but from what I read the G3K and these PDWs use shorter recoil spring.  As I was browsing HKparts.net I noticed this too..
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#33]
The G3k uses a standard carrier.

ETA: Will this accept an HK33 slim handguard without having to spend some time grinding out the handguard?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Got a link as all I can find is the g3k by moores for 2100.00, and not the ptr one ..?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got a link as all I can find is the g3k by moores for 2100.00, and not the ptr one ..?
View Quote

Moores G3K pistol
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:58:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The recoil is very manageable, the brace is a must until your stamp comes back!  I did shoot it without the brace for a bit, but really wasn't having a good time looking through the sights.  
just seemed awkward, you had to keep it relatively close to your body to control it which made using the sight nearly impossible.  The way to go is the brace or a stock, my preference would be the stock due to the excessive length of pull with the brace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You put it on a scale yet?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

8.5 Lbs with no magazine....
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#40]
[b]Quoted:
Thank you for the pics. Looking forward to the review. I'm almost done saving for one.
View Quote

So I received the Atlantic Firearms Exclusive PTR-91 K3P Pistol a few days after Thanksgiving.  The first thing I thought was this is a big pistol!  Well it is and it has a decent about of heft to it, weighing in at around 8.5lbs.  The fit and finish was excellent, zero noise during the shake test.  The gun is pretty much built to spec due to PTR using H&K tooling (HK heads might beg to differ, but I do understand that nothing is quite like the original) .  This allows you to interchange parts with the readily available parts available at HKPARTS.net.  Speaking of parts interchangeability, Atlantic chose to go with a non-traditional trigger housing that incorporates a very narrow pistol grip.  So to you guys looking for a “clone” you will need to change this part out.  My goal is to use this pistol as a solid starting point for a SBR build (G3K).  Shooting this gun as a pistol is possible but not the most practical thing to do.  With that being said the Sig styled brace is a must!  There are two options for you guys waiting on your stamps or for those of you who chose just to keep your gun as a pistol.  Atlantic offers a Century Arms derivative of the Sig Brace, and a folding mechanism that looks a lot like the ACE style adapters that are usually associated with AKs.  The adapter and the brace paired together makes for a rather lengthy LOP.  I measured this at around 15.5” LOP, it also adds about 1.5lbs to the whole rig bringing the weight up to around 10.2lbs.  After doing some research I found that HKPARTS.net has a similar but pricey brace setup that actually replaces the entire endcap.  This rig runs around $375 for the PDW versions. Shooting the gun was a pleasure (while shouldered with the brace), I did most of the shooting from a rest position since I was trying to dial in the diopter style sights.  I experienced one malfunction which was due to me limp wristing the gun while shooting it without the brace.  Aside from that, all other rounds went off without a hitch. I fired ZQI 150gr ammo and PPU 168gr ammo, and the pistol ate all rounds as expected.  I was very happy with the overall performance of the pistol as it sits, and think that it’s a great way to get into the SBR game.

Here is my video review,  PTR-91 K3P Pistol It would be nice if someone embedded this for me

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#42]
That thing looks useless but I cannot stop looking at it wondering how much fun it would be to Form 1 it and make it right.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#43]
With a stamp and a stock it would be just about right. 12" is not too short at all for a 308.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#44]
How well does it handle surplus ammo? I am interested in one. But I got burned bye PTR in the past. My PTR 91  would only Fire non-surplus ammo. PRT claimed that the Mil-Spec ammo Was Tar sealed. And would clog the flutes? They would not warrant it except with Winchester White box ammo. Etc. I later learned that it was one of the T/C barreled rifles. Looks very cool though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top