Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 2:37:20 AM EDT
HK93 fixed stock.

Always wanted one, at least for the last 10 years.

Paid 2200, maybe too much, but it's in excellent condition, early 1980s mfg, with a few HK mags,  Surefire tac light as a bonus.

Some of the more expensive clones approach the price I paid for it, and I have had a couple C93s of varying quality, so I was ready for the real thing before the next big liberal gun grab comes round the corner again and the price went out of reach again.

So my big question is, to you guys who have an HK9X series rifle, what small and large parts are a must to collect and store for spares so I can keep this beauty running for many years?  I still have one C93 that I plan to keep that could be cannibalized if need be, but nothing else.

Also, what mount for a red dot?  I am an Aimpoint guy so it will be an Aimpoint Pro.  I like this one so far, but am open to ideas.

Thanks for any opinions and advice.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I suggest the B&T mounts - check with RTG.

In terms of spares a hammer spring and a few extractor springs are must haves, an extra extractor is not a bad idea. I keep extra ejector springs and ejector axle pins too.
Check the bolt gap and snag some spare rollers (various sizes) and a roller retainer plate and it's roll pin.

Nice gun and I think the price was in line, well done.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suggest the B&T mounts - check with RTG.

In terms of spares a hammer spring and a few extractor springs are must haves, an extra extractor is not a bad idea. I keep extra ejector springs and ejector axle pins too.
Check the bolt gap and snag some spare rollers (various sizes) and a roller retainer plate and it's roll pin.

Nice gun and I think the price was in line, well done.
View Quote

Thanks!  Do you just use a spark plug type gap measurement tool to measure, or is there special tool that is needed?  If there a good reference or guide to what roller sizes are needed for what gap variations from normal, etc anywhere?  I guess they would have all that stuff on HKpro.com.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the mfi mount. The 4 feet have to be Dremelled to fit. It's a chore. It works but I wouldn't buy another. The machining and finish is inferior to B&T.

The B&Ts are beautifully made, fit without fiddling.

I have an Aimpoint mount and a low profile by B&T. The low profile is a bit chunky.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have the mfi mount. The 4 feet have to be Dremelled to fit. It's a chore. It works but I wouldn't buy another. The machining and finish is inferior to B&T.

The B&Ts are beautifully made, fit without fiddling.

I have an Aimpoint mount and a low profile by B&T. The low profile is a bit chunky.
View Quote

BY chunky do you mean heavy or bulky?  Looking at  it on RTG.

I find the standard HK claw mount is too high.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
The problem with Pro's and 30mm Aimpoints is the mounts usually put the red dot right on the upper ring part of the front sight.   I have a KZ mount and a TRS-25 and it  co-witnesses.   The KZ mount has been great and I'm glad I didn't dish out the money for a B&T.   Paying for a name and all that.
The MFI mounts aren't bad and give you full picatinney options.   I've had two for the same rifle(real HK).   The first one was fine but the second I had to do a little fitting on ONE of the hooks.   I guess they will vary on every rifle due to slight tolerance differences.
It's been awhile but I think the MFI and my ML3 and a low Burris Xtreme ring put the dot on the ring.   Some have gone as far as to modify that part by cutting it down but most won't do that with a real HK.   Heck, if had a clone I would send it off to get a pic rail welded on like the newer PTR's have.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Do it right and put the correct Mt. and scope on it, you won't be sorry later on.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HENSOLDT-ZF-MODEL-ONE-SCOPE-ASSEMBLY-VG-CONDITION-27p2343.htm

HDH.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do it right and put the correct Mt. and scope on it, you won't be sorry later on.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HENSOLDT-ZF-MODEL-ONE-SCOPE-ASSEMBLY-VG-CONDITION-27p2343.htm

<a href="http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/hansellhd/media/DSCN2526_zpsbeb0e3b5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a443/hansellhd/DSCN2526_zpsbeb0e3b5.jpg</a>

HDH.
View Quote

That is a sweet setup, but I am pretty much married to my Aimpoints on all my rifles. Nothing else can get the battery life, I have NVG capability, and low light usage with it.

Is there a claw setup with a rail?

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The problem with Pro's and 30mm Aimpoints is the mounts usually put the red dot right on the upper ring part of the front sight.   I have a KZ mount and a TRS-25 and it  co-witnesses.   The KZ mount has been great and I'm glad I didn't dish out the money for a B&T.   Paying for a name and all that.
The MFI mounts aren't bad and give you full picatinney options.   I've had two for the same rifle(real HK).   The first one was fine but the second I had to do a little fitting on ONE of the hooks.   I guess they will vary on every rifle due to slight tolerance differences.
It's been awhile but I think the MFI and my ML3 and a low Burris Xtreme ring put the dot on the ring.   Some have gone as far as to modify that part by cutting it down but most won't do that with a real HK.   Heck, if had a clone I would send it off to get a pic rail welded on like the newer PTR's have.
View Quote

Absolute co-witness sounds good. Who sells the KZ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The co-witness is only with the smaller dia.TRS-25 or Aimpoint T1's and 2's.   I'm not sure the KZ and Pro combo will get you under the ring.
KZ MP5 mount

ETA:   ARMS makes a claw that is railed on top or you can get an HK claw and mount a rail using the STANAG screws.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The co-witness is only with the smaller dia.TRS-25 or Aimpoint T1's and 2's.   I'm not sure the KZ and Pro combo will get you under the ring.
KZ MP5 mount

ETA:   ARMS makes a claw that is railed on top or you can get an HK claw and mount a rail using the STANAG screws.
View Quote

Will check them out, thanks for the link and info.  I have had ARMS stuff in the past and it works ok for me, as long as I use Loctite on their fasteners.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice.  I really wish I had kept my 93...and my 91 for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the mfi mount on my factory 93 and really like it
It's a bitch getting it on (you have to play with the screws and alternate tightening them)
It is very low profile and does not leave any marks on your rifle unlike most of the others

the B&T's are good as well but i've never been able to find one in stock anywhere (when I was looking)

paid  more for mine      good score
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the input everyone. Keep it coming. Still trying to decide on a mount, but also looking at night sights.

Any review, opinions or recommendations on night sights for the '93?

Same with slings.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Personally, I wouldn't do a thing to the HK93.  It is a collectors item and IMHO outdated.  The original HK93 barrels are 1/12 twist.  That is fine for 55 gr, but that is the max bullet weight.  If you have a C93, I'd have the barrel replaced http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-93-33-Cold-Hammer-Forged-Barrel-8p1052.htm with a cold hammer forged 1/7 twist barrel that has a Nitride finish which I think is one step above the factory process.  Have the paddle mag installed and have a rail http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Picatinny-Rail-For-HK-Receivers-On-sale-5p1446.htm welded to the top of the receiver.  So whatever you mount for an optic, it is rock solid.  To me that would be a big step up from the HK collector's item.  You can shoot it all you want, and not worry about wearing a valuable collectable.  YMMV.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top