Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 1:46:08 PM EDT
The good news - my SBR just came back in..yaye

The bad news, the only mags it will seat are the aluminum 40 rounders. The steel HK, 20/30, Promag and MKE's will not seat. Ive tried every solution.. bringing the shelf block down a bit , modding the mags a bit.. everything.  I pulled the mag catch tab out and it looks super worn and rounded. Ive concluded that i should try ordering a brand new GERMAN mag catch assembly from HK Parts (20 bucks). Anyone had this issue?

Thanks - It sucks because i really like the platform =(

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a hk53 clone.  The Hk 40 rd mags fit fine, the MKE needed a little bit of filing to fit, and the pro mags fit just fine...  All of them function 100%.  Rumor is that magpul will have some avail soon too...
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a hk53 clone.  The Hk 40 rd mags fit fine, the MKE needed a little bit of filing to fit, and the pro mags fit just fine...  All of them function 100%.  Rumor is that magpul will have some avail soon too...
View Quote

Not even metal hks fit, must be something with the mag catch tab

Tried all the mag fitting to no avail
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Correction, Aluminum 40rd mags do fit fine in mine. I'd guess its a mag catch issue?  On my mke mags, I had to file the ledge on the mag that fits flush with the mag well. I did not adjust the mag catch on the mag itself.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You may have too much bottom length on the mag well itself. Check against a known in-spec receiver if possible. You can use lipstick to mark (rubs off) the contact points. If it looks like the bottom of the mag well is preventing them from inserting all the way, use a big bench stone or a file to take some off and make/keep it square. Compare the angle of the bottom of the mag well to the mags' external stop tabs when the catch slot is parallel to the bore axis to keep that angle correct. (I know that last part sounds crazy without a picture.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top