Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 11:14:13 PM EDT
I am new to the UMP world and I am trying to educate myself. I found one from a local seller I am interested in. The conversion was done by HDPS. How does he rate for doing these conversions?

Also, I am trying to arrange to go look at it tomorrow. Is there anything I should know about these guns when I go?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#1]
HDPS did my conversion...  I've had the chance to run mine next to the real deal and you could hardly tell the difference.  

If HDPS did the conversion, just look at their website to see examples of their work.

I'd take a look at the barrel pin - mine is getting ugly from swapping calibers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip. Also, can you tell me if the barrels are welded into these? He seems to have done something strange with the barrel (I'm not sure, but it sounds like a blind-pinned fake can to make it look like an SBR with can, but not need a stamp).

He has a 16" barrel. If that will go back in, then I would through that contraption in the garbage.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
BBL is in place via the single pin in the receiver. Easily removed with a punch. Pay attention to hoe the ejector is held in place with the BBL before knocking it out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Ed at HDPS is one of the top guys in the industry for UMP conversions
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Before I pull the trigger. can you guys tell me how much I should be paying for this? It seems like a good deal at just over $2000, but I figured I should make sure before I buy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Before I pull the trigger. can you guys tell me how much I should be paying for this? It seems like a good deal at just over $2000, but I figured I should make sure before I buy.
View Quote

That is a very good price. If you were to buy a USC and convert it yourself it would cost at least that (probably more). HDPS is selling converted USC's right now for $4550.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top