Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2014 7:46:39 PM EDT
I'm wanting to venture into HK land specifically MP5's

I want to start with this one linky to SBR, shoot and have fun with.

Is it possible to buy a brand new semi auto HK in the same configuration as the one in the link above?

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Is it possible to buy a brand new semi auto HK in the same configuration as the one in the link above?

View Quote

Yes, an HK94 is what you seek but it will be double the price of the clone you have listed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, an HK94 is what you seek but it will be double the price of the clone you have listed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I figured at least double the price for sure. How hard are HK94's to come buy? I have plenty of sources for SBR AR15's but I haven't ever noticed those for sale
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, I figured at least double the price for sure. How hard are HK94's to come buy? I have plenty of sources for SBR AR15's but I haven't ever noticed those for sale
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's 4 of them on Gunbroker right now. Also, check out hkpro.net. They have a classfied section.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You probably won't be able to find a new in box HK-94 since they were banned from import a long time ago and are now collectors items. If you do find one that someone has kept as a safe queen I'm sure they will want a lot for it. You can find some used HK-94's floating around for like $6K or so, but they are rare these days. You are much better off just buying a brand new clone of the HK94 for much less. Like the one you posted is only $2K, third of the price of a Hk-94. Of course if you want to SBR it I would recommend going with a pistol version, since all you would have to do is push out the rear pin to remove the end cap and replace with a buttstock. Removing a fake suppressor without messing up the 3 lug barrel is much more difficult.

Here's the real deal HK-94 starting bid at $5500

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You probably won't be able to find a new in box HK-94 since they were banned from import a long time ago and are now collectors items. If you do find one that someone has kept as a safe queen I'm sure they will want a lot for it. You can find some used HK-94's floating around for like $6K or so, but they are rare these days. You are much better off just buying a brand new clone of the HK94 for much less. Like the one you posted is only $2K, third of the price of a Hk-94. Of course if you want to SBR it I would recommend going with a pistol version, since all you would have to do is push out the rear pin to remove the end cap and replace with a buttstock. Removing a fake suppressor without messing up the 3 lug barrel is much more difficult.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/9mm-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/aa-9mm-full-size-pistol-atlantic-arms-mfg-detail.html?Itemid=0

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=437522192

View Quote

Good info thanks! I didn't realize they were non importable now . it figures, shit I want is like trying to chase the unicorn  The pistol makes since I see

Is getting a real deal parts kit and having it built up a viable option if I wanted to add a second higher quality mp5 to the safe as an extra?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good info thanks! I didn't realize they were non importable now . it figures, shit I want is like trying to chase the unicorn  The pistol makes since I see

Is getting a real deal parts kit and having it built up a viable option if I wanted to add a second higher quality mp5 to the safe as an extra?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/9mm-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/aa-9mm-full-size-pistol-atlantic-arms-mfg-detail.html?Itemid=0

A real deal parts kit is usually as much as a working clone. And then you would still need to send it to an HK smith to build it on a Paki, Turkish or US receiver anyway.  The end result would be an all German parts gun internally on a non genuine HK receiver. That's great until you SBR it and have to comply with 922r and need several of the German parts swapped with US parts.

HK and easy don't go together, neither does HK and cheap. But the best most economical way is to buy a higher quality clone and replace ejectors and extractors with HK parts if needed.

Any HK smith worth sending it to will be expensive.  I had a real deal SP89 that Ralph at RDTS re barreled, re stamped, added paddle and refinished and it was close to a grand and that was for one that was intact.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A real deal parts kit is usually as much as a working clone. And then you would still need to send it to an HK smith to build it on a Paki, Turkish or US receiver anyway.  The end result would be an all German parts gun internally on a non genuine HK receiver. That's great until you SBR it and have to comply with 922r and need several of the German parts swapped with US parts.

HK and easy don't go together, neither does HK and cheap. But the best most economical way is to buy a higher quality clone and replace ejectors and extractors with HK parts if needed.

Any HK smith worth sending it to will be expensive.  I had a real deal SP89 that Ralph at RDTS re barreled, re stamped, added paddle and refinished and it was close to a grand and that was for one that was intact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can stomach the cost to get exactly what I want, I have a safe full of NFA already so im no stranger to the top ramen diet

I would for sure SBR it so how many parts would need to be changed for 922r?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can stomach the cost to get exactly what I want, I have a safe full of NFA already so im no stranger to the top ramen diet

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a link to a compliance calculator.....

Some here still argue that 922 does not apply to an SBR so you will get different opinions.

http://jobson.us/922r/
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
HK German Parts MP5, I think it's six parts. So receiver one, cocking handle two, sear three, hammer four, trigger five and then either stock, magazine or barrel for number six and you'll meet the qualification.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HK German Parts MP5, I think it's six parts. So receiver one, cocking handle two, sear three, hammer four, trigger five and then either stock, magazine or barrel for number six and you'll meet the qualification.  
View Quote

Doesn't the mag count as 3 parts?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have heard 3 as well for the mag.  The new US made mags from D J Getz might count 4  or 5 as they are all US made components from his
description of them.  Asked him about the count for 922r compliance but never got a response.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#12]
A US mag counts as 3 parts. The forend is an easy swap too. DJGetz has a sale in his dealer section on hkpro.

Partshttp://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-US-Compliant-Parts-922r-c235.htm count
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top