Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 1:04:58 PM EDT
I've been following and participating in a 2.5 yr old thread over on HKpro.com Linkythingy, in which the TroyInd HK Battlerail system for HK roller locks was discussed.

I called Troy today and their Mp5 Battlerail and optics rail is IN STOCK and ready to be ordered.

So, I've already ordered mine!

ETA: FYI, these don't come with rail pieces for the forearm. So if you want to mount a vertical grip, order a rail section!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they still employ the statist?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do they still employ the statist?
View Quote

Which one?

They never officially hired the Chicago PD goober, and I think Horichu's partner was only hired as a consultant (read: not permanent hire) for their tactical training company.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been following and participating in a 2.5 yr old thread over on HKpro.com Linkythingy, in which the TroyInd HK Battlerail system for HK roller locks was discussed.

I called Troy today and their Mp5 Battlerail and optics rail is IN STOCK and ready to be ordered.

View Quote

Pics or shens!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pics or shens!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics or shens!

Just ordered today (well, not really. I really ordered almost 1.5 years ago), but I DID get a UPS shipping notice.

Shaggy430 on HKPro said he received his rail on the 25th.

As soon as I get the package (scheduled delivery is next Thurday), I'll post up pics.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Shaggy has posted pics on pg7 of the aforementioned thread...

I think it looks great.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shaggy has posted pics on the aforementioned thread...

I think it looks great.
View Quote

That sure does look pretty slick!  I may have to pick one up for my clone!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Troy came through!

Finally!!! Pics to follow.

One issue with my CA89 is that the rail extends slightly too far back and contacts the rear irons. I will have to get out the Dremel and remove a bit off of it. Probably about 1/4" worth. I'm not upset, because I expect that it's the firearm that is out of spec, not the rail.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
lilMAC25, is there anything actually supporting the rail (e.g. contacting the receiver) or is it relying solely on the stiffness of the steel for stability?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lilMAC25, is there anything actually supporting the rail (e.g. contacting the receiver) or is it relying solely on the stiffness of the steel for stability?
View Quote

The front portion of the rail is in contact with the receiver. It also sits on the little tabs on top of the receiver. Troy put in a set screw that will push against that tab and increase stiffness.  Because of the fact that the rail doesn't quite fit, I can't take pics actually showing how that works.  

Optics rail and set screw.

Tabs on receiver
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top