Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2014 10:05:14 PM EDT
So Im trying to round out my NFA collection and kinda wanted something different since I already have suppressed AR SBRs and pistols etc. I really want a 9mm carbine and of course who wouldn't want an MP5. Full disclosure I know almost nothing about Mp5s or Mp5 clones except I shot a full auto HK once and loved it. Whats the general consensus here on the POF guns as base guns for SBRs? What about 922r parts? I have a lot more questions but Ill just leave it a that for now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Any mp5 stock should be plug and play on those POFs.

922r is open to debate on SBRs as different people have different opinions and the ATF has even sent out letters contradicting them selves. At any rate I don't see why most US parts wouldn't work.

It's a better SBR base than the MKE I just did because the barrel is already 8.9 inches, 3-lugged and threaded. All that cost me an additional $330 in parts, shipping and work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I had been wanting an MP5 style weapon for many years, never bought one due to the price. Missed the boat on the MKE's and jumped when the POF 5's were released. Glad I got the POF it is everything I wanted at an affordable price.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just received my POF mp5k which has a reverse stretched receiver so it accepts standard mp5 tail ends but I believe not the hk mp5k furniture. The fit and finish are superb except for one 6mm x 1mm blemish on the left side. If I had the money, I would get their 8.5" model too, it's a great Nfa base for a build.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just received my POF mp5k which has a reverse stretched receiver so it accepts standard mp5 tail ends but I believe not the hk mp5k furniture. The fit and finish are superb except for one 6mm x 1mm blemish on the left side. If I had the money, I would get their 8.5" model too, it's a great Nfa base for a build.
View Quote

I also received my POF a month ago but I bought the standard 8.8" barrel model. I'm tempted to buy the reverse stretch that you got but two HK's in two months is a little much. I remember you from the DDLES 9mm lower thread. I have a Form 1 pending on my lower right now.

For the OP Any of the standard stocks will work with 60 seconds of effort. You pull the rear pin holding the end cap and slap on an MP5 stock of your choice (A2, A3, B&T folding stock). It just has to be a stock for the MP5, not the MP5K. Both of the POF guns are standard frame size, not the shorter MP5k frame. The place I'm buying a stock from when my Form 1 comes back is RobertsRTG. They have lots of furniture available. A standard fixed A2 stock is $60 brand new.

I'm not going to touch the 922r issues. Everyone has their opinion. The pistol will accept pretty much any part that fits an MP5. You wouldn't have issues rebuilding it to meet 922r if you want to.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the responses. Of you guys who have clones would you recommend the K or standard MP5 for a first gun? The reverse stretch guns look cool but I keep finding myself drawn to the standard configuration.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
IMHO stick with standard because of parts availability. Start with standard MP5 for the same reason. If you then want to expand then the K is next. I find myself reaching for the MP5 because it's more controllable and comfortable to shoot, cock and charge than my K. The K is more of a bullet hose. If you have an optic on a K it gets crowded.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on the mp5 over the k, honestly I went with the k because of the 2nd kind of cool factor, if I didn't already have my ar9 SBR I would have gone with the longer version but my commando upper for the ar makes it seem redundant. Next on my list is a hk93 or variant there of and then I will move on to the world of 308. I 'm pretty much that guy at the range people stare at because of my eclectic collection of military style art and the mp5k was the perfect addition. I don't think you will be disappointed either way as long as you go forward SBR'ing it. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top